Can you rent beach umbrellas/sun protection at Clearwater Beach?

ptrbryant

DIS Veteran
We've finally decided to spend a day at Clearwater Beach for the one day we're not at the parks, but I recently had a skin cancer lesion removed and really need to be careful about sun exposure. We'll be flying in and i don't want to deal with bringing a large sun umbrella from home. Is it possible to rent one at a beach site or should I just buy one at Wal-Mart. etc.? I need to make sure it actually offers UV protection.
Also, what are those half-tent-like umbrellas calledthat protect you on 3 sides?

Thanks!

Karla B. princess:

There are a few companies that offer cabanna's and umbrellas at Clearwater Beach. If you park at one of the main areas.. like at pier 60, or in one of the municipal lots, and arrive early enough in the day it shouldn't be a problem.
They are the dark blue type that allows no light to pass through. They walk around and ask if people want them, and then deliver them to your location on the sand. I'm unsure of cost. You could also go to one of the larger hotels, and they have them there also. The beach is shared with several major hotel chains.
Depending on the time of year you go, the pier, ( which is where Gulf to bay blvd hits the water) has a sunset celebration nightly. There are small crafts tables, and performers, much in the style of Key West. It's pretty nice.

Clearwater Beach is one of the premier beaches in america, the sand is really extraordinary. Enjoy your stay.

I'd post some links, but the boards won't let me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter