Can you ride TSM with one hand??

MemoryMakers2669

<font color=green>Would rather have a sippy tag th
My friend only has one usuable hand and even that hand only has four fingers, which are aren't fully mobilized. Her other hand, she still has a thumb. Too much to describe, but she will not be able to pull the string.

I read that the two cars that are for wheelchairs, have a button to accomodate such issues...But she isn't in a wheelchair!

Anyone have information on this??

Yes, she may use the wheelchair vehicle since she cannot pull the cord. They will let guests who cannot pull the string use the wheelchair cars so they can pound on the button instead. She will need a fastpass to save her walking and lines as that requires disabled guests to get in line like everyone else.

She may need a GAC if she needs extra time boarding rides or if she has trouble doing stairs. She would go to guest services and explain what limitations she has such as slow to load or difficulty loading certain rides or difficulty grasping handrails on stairs. I have no details on her conditon and do not need them but those are options she could look at.

She has a skin condition called Ichthyosis. While her whole body is effected by this, her hands are the only disability she has. They look like she has extreme arthritis, her fingers are drawn in towards her palm. She drives a car, with no special equipment still. She walks just fine, can stand for hours, etc. She can't however buckle her own seatbelt, so does get a pass to board planes early since someone has to do it for her. Like Soarin, we have to buckle her. For that ride, she won't need to do anything special, except have the car with the button.

Does it have seats, like the other cars??

She has a skin condition called Ichthyosis. While her whole body is effected by this, her hands are the only disability she has. They look like she has extreme arthritis, her fingers are drawn in towards her palm. She drives a car, with no special equipment still. She walks just fine, can stand for hours, etc. She can't however buckle her own seatbelt, so does get a pass to board planes early since someone has to do it for her. Like Soarin, we have to buckle her. For that ride, she won't need to do anything special, except have the car with the button.

Does it have seats, like the other cars??

Yes, it does have seats. You will need to explain to the CM that you need that car. In my experience they are used to using that car for people in wheelchairs as that is the car that actually holds a wheelchair. (They remove the seat and store it when they load a wheelchair).

Yes, it does have seats. You will need to explain to the CM that you need that car. In my experience they are used to using that car for people in wheelchairs as that is the car that actually holds a wheelchair. (They remove the seat and store it when they load a wheelchair).

Oh OK! I have seen the car and pictures and just thought it was like that all the time. thanks for the information!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter