Can you rope drop snow white mine train?

Litharia

Earning My Ears
Hi!

My boyfriend and I haven't been to the parks since the MK rope drop show was moved to in front of the castle.

Is it possible to rope drop the Snow White mine train ride? We have never pushed to try and ride a popular ride when the park opens and we want to know if it is indeed possible.

Any tips or recommendations? Or even rides to head to next/early on?

Sure you can get there. Get there early and keep in mind the PPO ADR folks will be there before you. But if you get there early it's shouldn't be too bad.

Sure it's possible - it opens at rope drop. You just need to be there early if you want to do it without waiting.

We definitely will be but we can't pick what path/route is the best to reach it that early. We think going through the castle would be the quickest but with the show now at the castle will it be opened right after?

Robo posts some great maps. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the castle route always opens. If it does, then that is the best route, but last month we never took the chance on it because if it doesn't and you have to re-route, you're going to be set back a lot. We went toward the teacups.

Hi!

My boyfriend and I haven't been to the parks since the MK rope drop show was moved to in front of the castle.

Is it possible to rope drop the Snow White mine train ride? We have never pushed to try and ride a popular ride when the park opens and we want to know if it is indeed possible.

I'm generalizing but to me it seems like 75-85% of the rope drop folks are all trying to get to 7DMT first, so you'll have a lot of company. :-)

Most people tend to recommend taking the bridge towards the Tea Cups and then take a left when you get to the Tea Cups and head straight to 7DMT from that direction. In my experience people are going to try to get there from all different directions.... through the castle (which I wouldn't recommend, not always open), the path by the Merida meet/greet, heading towards Liberty Square then taking that immediate right on the path towards Fantasyland, etc, etc.

Whichever way you want to try, you'll want to be "around" the rope to that particular path relatively early and just hover/hang out until the welcome show is over and they drop the rope. Then you'll just move with the masses towards 7DMT. It's hard to get there first (just too many variables involved), but you'll be reasonably well positioned to be there without a terrible wait.

YMMV!

Just ask the cast members where to be and where to go. The one that was near us at rope drop in MK made periodic announcements about where to be for 7DMT.

If you want to be towards the front of the masses headed that way, you'll want to be at MK by 8:00 or 8:15 on a 9:00 a.m. opening day. Head for the castle, and position yourself at the rope all the PPs have mentioned (or ask a CM). This puts you at the head of the line and in good shape to be done with 7DMT not long after the park opens.

Where to head next depends on what you want to accomplish that day. I'd probably head towards Peter Pan, but if that line was already long, I'd head on over to Thunder/Splash Mtn and cross those off my list.

Good tips!

We just were wondering if it was at all possible!

But are some of the stores open on Main Street if we do arrive super early but change our minds about trying to get to mine train first or we miss grabbing breakfast?

It's Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Sure you can rope drop it.
Not sure why you would think you "can't" for some reason?

Personally I get a FP+ for it instead because even at rope drop you're gonna find a long line for it.

I rope drop the rest of Fantasyland hitting up Peter Pan's Flight first.

I did manage this trip to get a fast pass for the ride but not until later in the day. We have a rather long trip and even from trying to book fast passes the moment we were allowed to, most of mine train passes were booked. Since it's just two of us it's easier to get on rides but mine train has proved the hardest one for us to get on.

Actually this is the first trip where we we're able to even get one. On our two past trips they were completely impossible to get and I never once saw them appear to be booked. (I think when Disney came down on people using the fast pass loop hole with magic bands that has definitely helped).

Good tips!

We just were wondering if it was at all possible!

But are some of the stores open on Main Street if we do arrive super early but change our minds about trying to get to mine train first or we miss grabbing breakfast?

Yes the stores are open and Starbucks is open. They have the regular Starbucks breakfast sandwiches and pastries. The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor was open and had Mickey waffles, but I've seen conflicting reports on whether they still are or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter