Can you see WDW from the airplane?

dylansdad

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Has anybody seen WDW from the air prior to landing at MCO? Last year we flew in on a clear night and I could not find it. This year we arrive in the afternoon.Have a great day! :Pinkbounc

All depends on your flight path. If you're landing from the north, and the sky is clear you need to look out the right side and find the biggest object you can recognize, such as the castle, CT hotel tower or even the Marriot, once you can find one of those you might be able to make out some of the other larger structures but that's about it. One time on depature we got a relly good view, we took off to the south then turned west right away, we got to see everything, very interesting.

I fly in from Houston, and I can clearly see WDW from the plane upon approach and takeoff.
-MrsAPalm

I have seen WDW numerous times on both arrival as well as departure. Like a previous poster mentioned, it depends on what direction you are approaching and leaving MCO from and also what side of the plane you are on based on your direction. It really is a site to behold.. It gives you a good idea of actually how large the Disney Property is.

Coming from Houston, what side of the airplane can you see WDW from? Just curious, is this on Continental? I've flown them from Houston at least 8 times, crane my neck looking out left and right windows for WDW every landing. Never seen WDW, and it would be such a thrill. For next trip next May, which way do I look?

All of MCO's runways run north/south. Generally, flights coming into the airport tend to land from north to south, so in that case you wouldn't see WDW per se because you are coming in from the north and WDW is SW of MCO. It all really depends on how they are landing the airplanes. If the plane does come in from the south, during landing, you would need to be on the left side of the plane probably. Most of the times I have see WDW was when we were taking off, to the south and I was sitting on the right side of the plane.. Taking off to the south, if the plane banks to the right/west, you pass right by WDW...

I would think either the Dolphin or Spaceship Earth would be the most noticeable landmark from the air. (But what do I know?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter