Can you sing ?

No but boy do I wish I could. Honestly it's what I answer when people ask if I could have a special talent what would it be. I would love to be able to sing. I'm a huge music buff too so maybe that's where the longing comes from.

:hug: bless you. the funeral was very hard for me. it was for the dad of one of my mom's friends, and i was out of view of the mourners, but hearing them cry broke my heart, especially since i knew the family so well. not an experience i care to repeat, but i would do it again for someone i was close to.

i know how hard that is. i sang at my uncle's funeral last summer only because my aunt really wanted me too (i am very close to them both). i had to completely block everything out and not even truly let myself grieve until the funeral was over. i held it until the final line of the last song, thankfully. i don't ever want to do that again. :sad2:

I can sing...just not very well. Though I am grateful for the opportunity to be in a couple of musicals. I can blend. I just can't sing well.:dance3:

Yes :-)

I have a music degree and voice is my principal instrument. I have 10ish years of classical vocal training, have performed in operas, lots of different choruses, etc. As a soloist I have done weddings and funerals. At my church we have congregational singing, but I teach song leading (conducting for congregational singing), music theory, and voice.

I can;t sing very well sadly.... always wanted to... now both my girls can sing...
heres a link to my 9 year old singing at her school talent show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwTAfnmk1M
I just posted it on you tube.... shes always feels shes in her older sisters shadow ... great to see her get out their and have her moment....

I am not a good singer, but I am not quite sure how bad I am.

I would tell you that I can't sing well at all. I am so bad, in fact, that my third grade music teacher told me to lip sync instead of sing in our class concert. And I have thought of myself as a poor singer since then... and rarely sing.

My husband says I'm not as bad as I think I am. However, I'm not sure if that means I'm "decent" ... or just better than I think I am (which would be a pretty low bar to reach.)

Good Lord no. I was in school choir when I was young, but that was only because I went to a very small school and everyone was in the choir. It was suggested that I sing very quietly :confused3

heres a link to my 9 year old singing at her school talent show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwTAfnmk1M
I just posted it on you tube.... shes always feels shes in her older sisters shadow ... great to see her get out their and have her moment....

Thanks for posting that. She's wonderful! So sweet.

I can carry a tune, but I can't really sing. That's the one thing I wish I could change about myself, to have a beautiful singing voice. I love to sing, but just can't do it the way I feel it.

I sing in the car, but not well. Sometimes, DS10 sings with me, and it's really bad, but we have fun!!

I'm not really sure, I think I can sing but everyone else thinks otherwise :lmao:. It's annoying though as it means I have to work with other people on my music.......and I'm abit of a perfectionist and have never found a person I work well with :confused3.

Nope. I'm apparently tone deaf and I couldn't carry a tune if someone handed it to me in a bucket.

However, my DD has an amazing voice. And I know it's not just Motherly pride-she's been in state competitions and what not ( I'm completely ignorant of anything musical ) and has taken lessons for about a year-her teacher is convinced she'll do something professionally that involves singing.

The first time I heard her sing, I only recorded about 1 minute of it, and the rest is me pointing the camera at the floor and you can hear me saying, "Oh my God, she can really sing!"- I was so flabbergasted I forgot I was taping it. :lmao:

I've been singing for god knows how long...and yeah, I'm good at it :-) I'm a musical theater geek and I'm in both regular and elite choir. I take lessons now so I can have some credentials for college, and to learn new techniques. I always say, if you think you have 'raw' talent, don't pursue your dreams without lessons! I've learned so much from my teacher about breath support, range extension, and even how to deal with a stuffy nose :P

I'm a mezzo soprano, but I have my higher notes. Yesterday I hit a C no problem while rehearsing for Beauty and the Beast...I'm not sure what my lowest point is, but on my 'low' days I can get down there too. I'm not very good with pop music because most of today's music is either Auto-tuned or sung by people with terribly developed (i.e. nasal) voices, but I try. Usually I stick to musical theater or opera. I'm not in a church choir because I'm not a part of any of those religions, but I do like some earlier church music (not the 'contemporary Christian' category, which IMO is a joke...) and I've tried that too.

Wow, I just wrote a novel...lol!

Yes I can. The past three nights I have been performing Beethoven´s 9th Symphony with my choir (semi-professional and very good even if I say so myself) and the Icelandic Symphonic Orchestra.

Actually I used to be able to sing fairly well. Then I had my first child and something happened. Haven't been able to carry a tune since. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter