Can you still ask for a server and a single family table for dinner?

jenniferjim

Earning My Ears
I'm going on my 6th Disney cruise for New Years and I've never asked for it but a friend mentioned it. We had a great server on our last cruise and I was wondering if I can ask for him again. Anyone has done this before and how? Also, can you ask not to be seated with another family? my son has ADHD and is very stressful to be seated with another group. Just wondering. Thanks!!

Absolutely. What I typically do is tell my TA that I want my own table. On embarkation day I visit the location where you can make dining reservations/changes and confirm I have my own table and request a specific server. That's it.

Thank you so much! I just called my TA but she said I had to handle it at embarkation day where we do the dining requests, I will try the castaway club line tough, just in case... Thanks again :)

Thank you so much! I just called my TA but she said I had to handle it at embarkation day where we do the dining requests, I will try the castaway club line tough, just in case... Thanks again :)
Absolutely not true. Your TA can (and should) call DCL at any time to have the request(s) placed on your reservation. That allows DCL the time to make the assignment from the beginning, not trying to move people around on embarkation day.

If you contact the Castaway Club people first, let them know you tried to have your TA handle it, but were denied.

I have found the Castaway Club people really helpful with dining and things. Once you have made your request, I would check on the day you embark with the dining team also just to make sure its all setup. They will be available on embarkation.

That's good to know, I'm actually very disappointed she refused to help me. I just spoke with the Castaway club and they put in the request but said they couldn't guaranteed it. Asked me to still stop by the dining room team that is set up during embarkation day. Thank you all!

I would make a note of which is more important - server or table to yourselves - just in case there is a conflict in fulfilling both of the requests (like the server's section is already filled from assignments set before they got to yours save for sharing a table). If there is a conflict, sometimes they err on the side of "neither" rather than granting the "wrong one".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter