Can you still modify an ADR if you are inside the 24-hour window?

You can still move ADRs the day-of the reservation.

We had a member of our family get suddenly sick on our trip a few weeks ago. We wouldn’t have been able to make our ADR, so I just moved it in MDE to a date 6 months in advance, and then cancelled that ADR. We were not charged the cancellation fee.

I know we could have gone to the restaurant’s podium and explained, but that just wasn’t something we were able to do that day.

We have called day of ADRs and were allowed to cancel no prob. Not sure that is always the case, but that has been our exp

I've called day of to move our reservation back an hour since we were running late. I'm not sure if there was any availability online for that time but it was no issue for them to move it for us.

I have always called the restaurant if we need to change the ADR the day of. We have moved times and changed the number of people. Have not tried doing this with the app.

We just got back from Disney today, and we ended up sick twice during our 6 day trip. I had to modify a number of reservations last minute because of this. You can modify same day, on the app or website. An hour before your reservation that ability goes away. My DH had a sinus issue bothering him at DHS yesterday so we had to cancel our reservation at 50s Prime Time, he just wasn’t upto it. I had held onto it in hopes he would want the chicken noodle soup, but we just left instead.

We’ve been able to cancel adr’s as well just by calling and explaining.

You can still move ADRs the day-of the reservation.

We had a member of our family get suddenly sick on our trip a few weeks ago. We wouldn’t have been able to make our ADR, so I just moved it in MDE to a date 6 months in advance, and then cancelled that ADR. We were not charged the cancellation fee.

I know we could have gone to the restaurant’s podium and explained, but that just wasn’t something we were able to do that day.
I had no Idea you could do that... seems to almost negate the $10 a person cancelation fee. So you can modify for same day ressies for 6 months out and then cancel that one?? I would try it tonight, but I don't want to chance losing $10 lol

I would try it tonight, but I don't want to chance losing $10 lol
Oh c'mon! Exploration always carries with it some risk. :rotfl2: If you fail and get charged the $10 fee, you can always start a "Go Fund Me" page and your fellow Dis'ers will have your back!

Oh c'mon! Exploration always carries with it some risk. :rotfl2: If you fail and get charged the $10 fee, you can always start a "Go Fund Me" page and your fellow Dis'ers will have your back!
hahaha well we will be arriving in 3 days, so maybe I will do a book and move to see lol

I had no Idea you could do that... seems to almost negate the $10 a person cancelation fee. So you can modify for same day ressies for 6 months out and then cancel that one?? I would try it tonight, but I don't want to chance losing $10 lol

I think guest services has the authority to override the fee, if the guest has a reasonable explanation. Or even an unreasonable one... we once booked an ADR for the Garden Grill. Then, on the day of, my husband realized it was character dining and decided he really didn't want to eat there. :confused3 So, off we trotted to guest services, with many apologies, and our ADR was cancelled. No charge. (I swear, I will get him there, someday!)

The 10 dollar fee is there to discourage people from booking multiple ADRs that they don't intend to use. Back in the bad-ol'-days, people used to book simultaneous ADRs in multiple parks, just to be sure of having one available should they happen to be nearby. And they wouldn't bother cancelling, either. Which naturally caused all kinds of problems for the restaurants.

If you make a good faith effort to keep your ADR and something comes up, they're very understanding. As long as you either modify it on the website, call, or go to guest services. Communication is everything!

Sometimes. I have had some that let me modify day of and others that wouldn't let me make changes (other than cancelling) the night before. I'm thinking it may be tied to availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter