Can you still walk into any counter service restaurant and ask for cups of free water?

Princess Katelet

Mouseketeer
Title says it all! Are free cups of ice water still available at any counter service restaurant? Can you just walk right in?

Thanks!

Yes and no.

Cups of ice water are still complimentary at Disney restaurants that have fountain soft drinks.

But now with the encouragement of mobile ordering, many locations have a cast member checking to see that you have a mobile order in to enter the restaurant. So you can always get water when you place an order, but if you do not have one, you'll likely have to explain what you want to the cast member at the entrance. It should not be a problem, although asking nicely goes a long way!

You can get the waters. In 2020, they let us in. On our last trip in March, the CMs at the door checking mobile orders had a tray of waters to hand out and we got it from them. Clever idea to stop people going in to grab a table in the AC. We just wanted the water so worked for us!

Here now and have been getting free water all week. We just go up to the small kiosk places and ask for water. Zero problems so far at 3 out of 4 parks.

Free water is a legal thing. I don't think they can deny you this.

We had no problem going into mobile order places and getting water last week. We just explained we just wanted water and they always let us in. A couple places actually had trays of cups of water at the door too. Backlot Express was one of them. I don’t remember the other.

Woody's Lunchbox in HS was the only place I couldn't get it. The CM at the entrance sent me to Galaxy's Edge.

We had no problems getting water when we picked up our meals.
Most other times, we got water at a kiosk or small food stand. didn't try to just get water at a mobile order QS.

Yes, I am talking about water withOUT ordering a meal...we used to be able to go into any counter service and get cups of ice water for free and walk out. What are the kiosks people are talking about? I only know 'carts' or 'wagons' like the popcorn wagons...

You can get the waters. In 2020, they let us in. On our last trip in March, the CMs at the door checking mobile orders had a tray of waters to hand out and we got it from them. Clever idea to stop people going in to grab a table in the AC. We just wanted the water so worked for us!
When we ate at Backlot Express in March, they would not let us in without first ordering food.

They had cups of water outside.

No idea if it's still like this.

Yes, I am talking about water withOUT ordering a meal...we used to be able to go into any counter service and get cups of ice water for free and walk out. What are the kiosks people are talking about? I only know 'carts' or 'wagons' like the popcorn wagons...
somewhere built in but without a substantial seating area. At MK examples are like Aloha Isle, Sleepy Hollow, Sunshine Tree Terrace, Joffreys in Tomorrowland, The Lunching Pad, and Storybook Treats. Other parks have similar.

We got cups of water at a lot of the popcorn stands - any place that had fountain drinks. They are sprinkled throughout the parks and easy to get the cups at. We just waited in the line which was usually quite short when we were on spring break

We got cups of water at a lot of the popcorn stands - any place that had fountain drinks. They are sprinkled throughout the parks and easy to get the cups at. We just waited in the line which was usually quite short when we were on spring break

Yup, that's the key - just look for the soft drink fountain (as opposed to just bottled soft drinks).

You can get a big ice water at Starbucks or Joffreys, but you'll have to wait in line to order it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter