Can you tell me your opinion on your Pride Revo 3, please?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
Oh, good grief Charlie Brown.

I just got back from my physician's office after my yearly physical.

I told him what a wonderful time that I had a Walt Disney World on my last trip.

To make a long story short...I told him that I rented a scooter and used it at WDW. Not the ones inside the parks, but one that I could use everywhere.

I also told him that I wanted to buy a scooter called a Pride-Mobility Revo 3-wheel scooter to place in my trunk for vacations, like WDW.

Or to go to a Braves baseball game that I haven't been to in over a decade.

He said that he was going to write me a temporary handicap thingie.

I said no. I was not going to park in a handicap parking space.

I was just thinking about buying a scooter to use on trips like at WDW, or Braves baseball games, or park trails like at WDW's Old Key West.

He said yes...I said no...he said yes...I said no.

I knew that I was stubborn.

But I now have a physician notorized permission slip in my hand. I just need to go to the DMV to hand it in for a thingie to go on my car's mirror, I guess.

I still can't see where I could use it at WDW since I could use the WDW buses. I could park anywhere to remove a scooter from my trunk. Unless I drove to WDW parks, if I wasn't staying on property.

So now I am seriously thinking about buying a new Pride Mobility Revo 3-wheel scooter from someone for about $734.00 and a shipping of $145.00 and insurance of $15.00, for a total of $894.00.

I think that they sell new for about $1500.00.

I can take them apart into five pieces.

The two batteries seem to have a build-in handle on each one that can easily be removed.

The seat come off.

The steering wheel or tiller as they call it folds down on the main unit.

It has an external recharging unit.

Does anyone know if there is a way to carry the recharger unit somewhere on the scooter without putting it in the basket?

So...has anyone used a scooter like this?

Does anyone own a scooter like this?

Do you like the scooter?

What do you like and dislike about the scooter?

I really would like to know how well it works on hilly streets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a link to what the scooter looks like: http://www.pridemobility.com/products/Scooter/Revo/revo.html

Sincerely, Ray.

I don't have any info for you, just wanted to say, way to go.
:banana:

Ray I looked at the info and have a couple of comments.

My ECV is a Ranger Solo, which is the same model rented out by Walkers. The rear section is 39 pounds, while on the Revo the rear section is 48. That extra nine pounds could make a difference it getting it in and out of the trunk.

I also saw the weight limit shown in the brochure; I don't recall, but I thought in an earlier post you commented about your weight and it might be above the limit for the Revo. When I bought a second ECV for Judy its weight limit was about 50 pounds less than I weigh, and sometimes I woud drive it and realized it was definitely straining.

As far as the HP hang tag, it does not hurt to have it. Use it only when it is necessary. I know when I first got mine my doctor asked me what took me so long to ask. If you are driving to one of the parks with an ECV it is a neceesity to park up front, the ECV can't get on a tram and regular parking can be a veery long way out.

Mike

I have no information on the REvo but I can say that I have been quite satisfied with both my Pride scooter (model no longer made) and my Jazzy 1103. In the 10 years I have been using Pride products I have only needed 2 repairs and one of them was becuse some jerk ran smack into the Jazzy and broke my retractable controller arm. I replaced it with a regular arm. The other was a part that needed replacement. Other than that I have only needed to replace batteries.

I have a Pride Go-Go which I love-slightly smaller than the Revo. I would strongly reccomend that you go to a store that handles scooters and try several before deciding on one. They are all a little different and you will find one that "fits" you. Most dealers will negotiate price and try to match others. Once it is shipped to you, you are at the mercy of the seller. Having a local dealer is a great advantage.
Juliab

SueM in MN said:
I don't have any info for you, just wanted to say, way to go.
:banana:

Thanks, Sue. I wouldn't have gotten this far without all the great information in your sticky at the top of this board.

Sincerely, Ray

Cheshire Figment said:
Ray I looked at the info and have a couple of comments.

My ECV is a Ranger Solo, which is the same model rented out by Walkers. The rear section is 39 pounds, while on the Revo the rear section is 48. That extra nine pounds could make a difference it getting it in and out of the trunk.

Hey, thanks for the reponse and information Mike. I'm pretty strong when lifting things. But my right leg won't keep up with my left leg. And now my heart won't seem to keep up either. But your information about the weight is something that I should seriously consider.

Cheshire Figment said:
I also saw the weight limit shown in the brochure; I don't recall, but I thought in an earlier post you commented about your weight and it might be above the limit for the Revo. When I bought a second ECV for Judy its weight limit was about 50 pounds less than I weigh, and sometimes I woud drive it and realized it was definitely straining.

You're absolutely right. I weigh more than the 300-lb. weight limit. My goal is to lose more weight and get below the 300-lbs. and beyond. The price on this new scooter is almost half off and I can't resist a bargain. But I must seriously consider getting a more heavy duty scooter.

Cheshire Figment said:
As far as the HP hang tag, it does not hurt to have it. Use it only when it is necessary. I know when I first got mine my doctor asked me what took me so long to ask. If you are driving to one of the parks with an ECV it is a neceesity to park up front, the ECV can't get on a tram and regular parking can be a veery long way out.

Mike

I was thinking the same thing about MK and anytime that I stayed at a lodging outside of Walt Disney World and when I would not be using the WDW resort buses.

Thank you for the great critique Mike. I really appreciate it.

Sincerely, Ray

Talking Hands said:
I have no information on the REvo but I can say that I have been quite satisfied with both my Pride scooter (model no longer made) and my Jazzy 1103. In the 10 years I have been using Pride products I have only needed 2 repairs and one of them was becuse some jerk ran smack into the Jazzy and broke my retractable controller arm. I replaced it with a regular arm. The other was a part that needed replacement. Other than that I have only needed to replace batteries.

Thank you, TalkingHands. It is good to know that Pride is of good quality. That's a shame that someone ran into you like that.

Sincerely, Ray

juliab said:
I have a Pride Go-Go which I love-slightly smaller than the Revo. I would strongly reccomend that you go to a store that handles scooters and try several before deciding on one. They are all a little different and you will find one that "fits" you. Most dealers will negotiate price and try to match others. Once it is shipped to you, you are at the mercy of the seller. Having a local dealer is a great advantage.
Juliab

Thank you Juliab. That is a very good idea. It has been a little difficult finding a Pride business with my zipcode. Some of the businesses listed by Pride are out of date and either gone out of business or are not selling Pride products anymore.

But I will do this.

Sincerely, Ray

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter