Can you update me on the current scoop with Special Diets Info?

Ok so help this GF newbie out....how do I make the Udi's less crusty? My kids like the flavor of the bagels and rolls but find everything way to crusty. I started baking a lot of my own, but while we are in Disney I'm obviously not baking my own stuff, I'd also like to be able to not bake so much at home ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hmmm... I'm not sure. To me, usually they feel pretty soft. Although my boys do like the crusts cut off the bread, that habit's a throwback to their Pepperidge Farm days, so I can't blame Udi's. LOL I do find that if I throw it in the micro to defrost, it does start to get hard around the edges not long after it cools (though it's really nice and soft when it's warm... but peanut butter on warm bread melts-yuck!) I don't know if this is a possible solution with the bagels, but it seems to me that the "crust" seems to separate really easily when spreading cream cheese on it (too easily for me), I wonder if a little gentle maneuvering could enable you to removed enough of the crust that it doesn't overwhelm the bagel for your kids?

Babyberger... Yowza! That's quite a list! It's definitely a whole different format than I've received in the past, but I'm very glad to know they're still producing something like this-even though we stay off property, it's great to see lots of the resorts on there too. I am really happy they're still doing this :) And thank you so much for posting it!!!

Happy to be able to post the GF list, although we know its always changing ;)

As far as the Udi's, thanks for the tips. I had tried a few different defrosting methods and the kids were just not thrilled. They are doing fine with roll-less hot dogs and are enjoying pancakes in the morning so I should just leave it alone. They like the bread and pizza crusts I have been making better than the Udi's anyway. I feel like I am always baking something ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter