Can you upgrade a 3 day 3 parks ticket to a 2 park annual pass?

rosieposy

Earning My Ears
I'm looking at buying some tickets from Undercover Tourist for our upcoming June trip. Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade a 3 day 3 parks park to park ticket to a 2 park annual pass? I'm sure you can upgrade to a 3 park annual pass, but I think we'll probably only want the two park version. We'd like to try Volcano Bay once, but we're not really waterpark fans in general.

I haven't seen any one who has done this yet, but I would assume you can't if you have already used a VB entry. That's how it works at Disney.

This is so new that nobody has reported back with that information yet.

I'm looking at buying some tickets from Undercover Tourist for our upcoming June trip. Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade a 3 day 3 parks park to park ticket to a 2 park annual pass? I'm sure you can upgrade to a 3 park annual pass, but I think we'll probably only want the two park version. We'd like to try Volcano Bay once, but we're not really waterpark fans in general.
Yes, you can. Thanks to helpful tips from the others on here, I had this conversation two days ago at the RPR ticket counter. They explained all of my options. I purchased mine from UT, too.

Forgot to add ...

I have 5 day, three park, park hoppers. She told me to wait until the end of the day on day five (or the following morning at the hotel ticket counter if I forget) and they'll do the upgrade. If I don't wait until day 5, I'll lose my VB option once the upgrade is done.

Yes, you can. Thanks to helpful tips from the others on here, I had this conversation two days ago at the RPR ticket counter. They explained all of my options. I purchased mine from UT, too.

Forgot to add ...

I have 5 day, three park, park hoppers. She told me to wait until the end of the day on day five (or the following morning at the hotel ticket counter if I forget) and they'll do the upgrade. If I don't wait until day 5, I'll lose my VB option once the upgrade is done.

So you haven't actually done it yet? And they are telling you that you can use the VB entry but then upgrade to a non-VB AP?

While great if that works, I would be extremely nervous about that. I hope the same lady is there when you go to upgrade.

So you haven't actually done it yet? And they are telling you that you can use the VB entry but then upgrade to a non-VB AP?

While great if that works, I would be extremely nervous about that. I hope the same lady is there when you go to upgrade.
Right? I have 5 day/3 park to park tickets as well. If I can just upgrade to a 2 park annual pass that would be sweet. I'm not sure if we will go back to VB on our next trip but id rather pay to upgrade then than now.

That's what she said. She told me to be sure to get VB in first because once I do the upgrade, it'll be a 2 park to park pass.

Uni, in recent years, has tended to follow what WDW does. WDW bridged tickets to passes, and later Uni started doing that too (at some point after 2011 when they didn't bridge the cost). etc. (of course, now WDW has nearly ended bridging, so I'm not sure what will happen)

This hasn't been a "thing" for Uni before, because Wet and Wild wasn't "theirs", so it wasn't included under the AP at all. So now they'll either do something different and go their own way (where you would be able to go to a 2 park ticket even after using that VB entitlement) or they'll copy WDW (where if you use that waterpark entitlement, you now get a top of the line AP).

Please oh please report back once you've upgraded. And for right now, if you don't remember the TM's name, try to do so. Just in case. I *want* you to be able to upgrade like this...I'm just worried that the TM didn't actually know what she is talking about... And if it were me there now...I would make sure I have the full amount budgeted in case I had to get the 3 park.

Uni, in recent years, has tended to follow what WDW does. WDW bridged tickets to passes, and later Uni started doing that too (at some point after 2011 when they didn't bridge the cost). etc. (of course, now WDW has nearly ended bridging, so I'm not sure what will happen)

This hasn't been a "thing" for Uni before, because Wet and Wild wasn't "theirs", so it wasn't included under the AP at all. So now they'll either do something different and go their own way (where you would be able to go to a 2 park ticket even after using that VB entitlement) or they'll copy WDW (where if you use that waterpark entitlement, you now get a top of the line AP).

Please oh please report back once you've upgraded. And for right now, if you don't remember the TM's name, try to do so. Just in case. I *want* you to be able to upgrade like this...I'm just worried that the TM didn't actually know what she is talking about... And if it were me there now...I would make sure I have the full amount budgeted in case I had to get the 3 park.

We have to do the upgrade tomorrow so I'll be sure to report back afterwards.

I just successfully upgraded our 5 day, 3 park to park tickets to the least expensive seasonal pass for $29 plus tax/per person. We got the 3 park but we had the option of the 2 park downgrade. It would have been an even trade. The only caveat was that I would have had to go to guest services at the park to complete the transaction. The team member told me that she didn't have the access she needed from the hotel PC (she said she could start the transaction at the hotel, just not complete it). With the 3 park/$29 option, we were able to complete it at the resort.

So, since my daughter and I were just too tired to try VB this week, at least we can give it a go when we come back in September.

I just successfully upgraded our 5 day, 3 park to park tickets to the least expensive seasonal pass for $29 plus tax/per person. We got the 3 park but we had the option of the 2 park downgrade. It would have been an even trade. The only caveat was that I would have had to go to guest services at the park to complete the transaction. The team member told me that she didn't have the access she needed from the hotel PC (she said she could start the transaction at the hotel, just not complete it). With the 3 park/$29 option, we were able to complete it at the resort.

So, since my daughter and I were just too tired to try VB this week, at least we can give it a go when we come back in September.
Thanks so much for your update!! I've been following this thread today to see how things turned out! Hope you had an awesome day! We plan to do similar in July. I was going to buy 3 day 3 park tickets in case we wanted to try a morning or so at VB (not sure after all the reviews I'm reading). We are staying onsite on an AP rate and originally I planned to buy the APs before our trip, but economically we are better off buying tickets through UT and then upgrading those especially if we want to try VB once. I have two questions for you if you don't mind......first, did you stay on an AP rate at the resort? I've read several times that you don't have to show the annual pass at check-in, just have to show it before your last night in the resort when the final bill is tallied. Is that how you did it (if you stayed on an AP rate)? also, I think you mentioned that you had 5 day tickets.......so was today your 5th day and you used your 5th day in the parks before the upgrade or did you do the upgrade before going into the park on the 5th (last) day of your pre-purchased ticket? I hope those questions make sense. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing before I take the dive. It's 6 of us, so a big investment in tickets! Thanks so much for the information you've provided already and if you have anything else to add to my remaining questions.

You can show your ap at the hotel during your stay to hold the discounted ap rate

Do it the day before you check out as billings are processed after midnight
day prior of check out

Many upgrade the 5 day tickets on day 5
Those passes do not have black outs as some ap have

If you upgrade to lower ap and it is during the black out dates, you can't enter the park in select dates

Check out the website for ap blackout dates

Thanks so much for your update!! I've been following this thread today to see how things turned out! Hope you had an awesome day! We plan to do similar in July. I was going to buy 3 day 3 park tickets in case we wanted to try a morning or so at VB (not sure after all the reviews I'm reading). We are staying onsite on an AP rate and originally I planned to buy the APs before our trip, but economically we are better off buying tickets through UT and then upgrading those especially if we want to try VB once. I have two questions for you if you don't mind......first, did you stay on an AP rate at the resort? I've read several times that you don't have to show the annual pass at check-in, just have to show it before your last night in the resort when the final bill is tallied. Is that how you did it (if you stayed on an AP rate)? also, I think you mentioned that you had 5 day tickets.......so was today your 5th day and you used your 5th day in the parks before the upgrade or did you do the upgrade before going into the park on the 5th (last) day of your pre-purchased ticket? I hope those questions make sense. I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing before I take the dive. It's 6 of us, so a big investment in tickets! Thanks so much for the information you've provided already and if you have anything else to add to my remaining questions.

Good morning,
We didn't stay on an AP rate, so no help there.

We did the upgrade on day 4 of our 5 day tickets. The initial team member told me to wait until day 5 if we're going to use VB, because we were planning on dropping down to a 2 park-to park ticket.

Have a wonderful trip!

You can show your ap at the hotel during your stay to hold the discounted ap rate

day prior of check out

If you upgrade to lower ap and it is during the black out dates, you can't enter the park in select dates

Thanks. Only two of us will be back in the fall for HHN, so we checked the dates and we are good to go. It was much cheaper than buying new park tickets. Also, I read your HHN posts about being in the park before HHN, so hopefully this will allow us to get more done since we are going on a Friday/Saturday.

Too bad I didn't do this before I purchased my HHN tickets because I understand there's a discount.

day prior of check out

Thanks so much! I've looked over the website and am tinkering with the blackout dates and trying to decide which pass would be the best option for us to upgrade to. Our first use of our tickets for this trip will be July 1, so really all of July next year will be excluded from our passes anyway as they will expire at the end of June. I'm left with a few questions though still.....is July usually the only summertime month that is a blackout date for the seasonal pass or do they include June sometimes? (this might make a difference if they do as we would probably travel end of May/beginning of June)...........also, if we have 3 day tickets to start this trip with and first used them on July 1, then on the 2nd and then used them on the 3rd to get into volcano bay which would be our final day of admission on those tickets......would we still be able to upgrade them on that last valid day of our ticket AFTER using them to enter VB or is it something we need to do before we actually use them the last day (in which case I would need to buy 4 day tickets that aren't quite as good of a value through UT, but I'll buy 4 day tickets if I need to)? From what I can remember at Disney, we visited DL last September and added a 5th day to our 4 day tickets and were able to do this as long as we did it before the ticket office closed on that 4th day even if we had already validated our tickets that final day---just wondering if it's the same deal at UO. I just don't want to be stuck NOT being able to upgrade our tickets on the 3rd day of our 3 day tickets. (hope that's making sense).

also as far as our hotel stay......if we are there from July 1-4 (checking out on the 4th), as long as we show them our passes on the 3rd of July we are good to go for annual pass discount, correct? TIA!!

also as far as our hotel stay......if we are there from July 1-4 (checking out on the 4th), as long as we show them our passes on the 3rd of July we are good to go for annual pass discount, correct? TIA!!
Yes

If you booked your hotel room with aph code, show the ap in the 3rd and ap rate will Ben valid

Hotels employees are aware guests come in with the ap voucher and do the ap card while there during their stay

About blackouts, look at this years blackout calendar to check what dates and type of ap are involved

It will give you an idea of what 2018 might follow

If the lesser pass with blackout dates works for you this year, could you wait until the black out dates for next year are posted before scheduling vacation? We always book our May or June trip in early February, and so far, they have had at least through June posted by then.
If not, you could upgrade the passes next year, if you must travel during a blackout period...delay/spread out the extra cost :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter