Can you upgrade a past trip's tickets to an AP?

thadlo

Earning My Ears
Help solve an argument! Some family members are claiming they can use the daily tickets from part of a 2021 package and now apply them to an AP. I say no way. Help me win this fight!

You can upgrade if the tickets are current, if they are expired 2021 tickets you cannot. If the ticket is still valid yes, but Disney hasn’t sold no expire tickets in a while.

Help solve an argument! Some family members are claiming they can use the daily tickets from part of a 2021 package and now apply them to an AP. I say no way. Help me win this fight!
If they have a time machine, sure. Go back to the last day of that trip, upgrade to the AP, then return to today.
Otherwise, nope.

If anyone knows: I read online that IF one has the Fla resident tickets set for specific days ( then that visit was canceled) ..
There’s No refund, no transfer
BUT the Full amount paid for the Fully Unused tickets will be Credit towards New Tickets.
What I’m not seeing is.. is there an Expiration to Buy/use the new tickets?
Tho I have been Unable ( repeatably) to change the Tix to New/later dates online… what precludes one to move the tickets to say, late 2022… and then use them into ‘23 at a later date?
OR… is it best to let the Feb set dates actually Expire and then just use the full credit when a new visit is booked?

tix purchased Online, Disney site. 4 day Fla resident Tix
Took screenshots of Tix on acct, cc charge, and have the original cards sent via mail ( as the third party site was Unable to verify residency and Disney was unable to help… so I’ll be wasting time waiting on a line to prove residency)
TIA..
unable to get thru chat …

Some family members are claiming they can use the daily tickets from part of a 2021 package and now apply them to an AP.
If for some reason they did not use the tickets from the 2021 package, then yes those can be used as a credit towards an AP (once available). However, if the tickets were used even just 1 day, they likely have expired -- unless they were for year-end and still valid for another day or so. If used and expired, the tickets no longer have any value towards upgrade or otherwise.

tix purchased Online, Disney site. 4 day Fla resident Tix
If they are just "regular" 4-day tickets bought with a FL resident discount, you should be able to change the date. Sometimes that can be done online through MDE but not always so you may need to call to change the dates, and pay any additional if your new dates cost more.

If they were special tickets like the Discover Disney 4-day or something, those usually have a set window and must be used within that time frame. If completely unused, the credit can be applied to new tickets (which may not be the same type of discounted ticket); but if only partially used within the designated timeframe it will hold no value past the expiration.

So basically -- a fully-unused ticket will have value as a credit towards new tickets. Those new tickets may or may not cost more, especially if you had a discounted ticket but that discount is no longer offered (or not offered for the new dates). You will probably need to call to make any change.

If they are just "regular" 4-day tickets bought with a FL resident discount, you should be able to change the date. Sometimes that can be done online through MDE but not always so you may need to call to change the dates, and pay any additional if your new dates cost more.

If they were special tickets like the Discover Disney 4-day or something, those usually have a set window and must be used within that time frame. If completely unused, the credit can be applied to new tickets (which may not be the same type of discounted ticket); but if only partially used within the designated timeframe it will hold no value past the expiration.

So basically -- a fully-unused ticket will have value as a credit towards new tickets. Those new tickets may or may not cost more, especially if you had a discounted ticket but that discount is no longer offered (or not offered for the new dates). You will probably need to call to make any change.
I think they were the discover 4 day tickets but since they were unable to confirm my Fla residency (?!) they are just the certificates sent in the mail. There is no wording indicating an End or expiration date that I can see Except for the dates that I set up on MDE, which I cannot seem to change.
as long as I get to put the full value towards some future tickets, I’m ok with it.
Ill need to call as the Tix were to start This Sunday.
thx!!

If the tickets are unused then the cost of those tickets can be credited to the purchase of future tickets.

To be clear, Disney will not refund these in full or part. But the full cost of unused tickets can be used to purchase additional tickets of equal or greater value.

We also have unused tickets from 2021 we want to apply to our upcoming tickets. We were told directly from Disney that this is possible. My question is, can this o Lu be accomplished by calling? I’ve tried to call twice and the wait times were 2 and 3 hours respectively.

We also have unused tickets from 2021 we want to apply to our upcoming tickets. We were told directly from Disney that this is possible. My question is, can this o Lu be accomplished by calling? I’ve tried to call twice and the wait times were 2 and 3 hours respectively.
No this has never been possible to do on the phone in the past. I’ve done it in person many times. Was always told must be done in person

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter