• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you Upgrade to an AP using 2 different trips?

KMWoolley

Proud Canuck; DisDad #863
Looking for some confirmation from a site expert.
I have a 7-day trip planned with my daugthers (7-day passes bought and paid for). I have also added Memory Maker for that trip.
I have since added a weekend trip for the wife and I in November (2-day passes and MVMCP), also bought and paid for.

Can I take my tickets and upgrade to an AP? Will I be credited for the MM, since it is included in an AP?

If so, by my math, it's going to cost me $266 to upgrade. Free Memory Maker for the Nov trip essentially makes that $98.
Pretty sure I can reach food and Merch discounts at the parks to offset the rest. Then any other trips are covered.

Last edited:
You will be credited for Memory Maker. You can not combine tickets for an upgrade.

So the trip in November could then have my tickets cancelled and refunded?
If they are stand-alone tickets, they are "officially" non-refundable.
(But, it never hurts to "ask nicely" for what you would like.)

Even if you cannot get your Nov. tickets refunded, you can save them
and use their value toward future tickets or APs. That will be true, even if those tickets
are allowed to "expire," unused.

If it is a package couldn't you change it to room only and get a refund for the tickets that way? Are you staying onsite? Did you do your room and tickets through Disney? If you ordered through an authorized seller you would have to read their refund policy.
If I am wrong I hope someone corrects me.

:cool1: :thumbsup2 UPDATE

After a couple emails since I can't ever get the "Chat" to have a live Operator anymore, I got some clarification, and it's good news.

I was able to remove the 2-day tickets for myself and 'the wife" in November and rebook as a room only. Once I have the refund in hand, I will rebook the 2-day tix for her only.
The Memory Maker add-on for the Aug trip is being refunded and as long as I upgrade to AP at the first park, I will get the MM included from Day 1 of the trip (and Nov, and...)

So, I will be trying Disney as an AP holder for the first time in Aug, should hit my break even point sometime in Nov (thanks to buying Christmas gifts), and she will likely target another trip next year since my park tickets will be already covered.

Phone time was than 25 mins, even with navigating to a Cast Member

:dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter