Can you use transportation without park tickets?

jhines

Earning My Ears
We are arriving around 6:00 pm and staying at the Dolphin. We plan to get LOS passes the following morning as the Disney desk closes at 5:30 (we were told). We were hoping to ride the monorail and such so my DH and DGD can get an idea of what WDW is all about and see the place without actually going into a park. Neither have ever been. Are we going to be able to do this? :confused:

Well, I could write a nice long post about this (I'm a lawyer, they pay us to write long stuff about stuff that doesn't need to be long! :D

Having said that, the answer is actually quite short.

Yes.

At no time in, well, say the last 3 years, have I seen a bus, monorail or _____ (fill in the blank with some other modicum of WDW transportation that strikes your fancy) driver request to see a ticket or other thing allowing you to use the transportation.

Have a great time riding the rails! (er, rail.) :pinkbounc

Regards,

Joe Hurley

going 11/9 to 18!!!!

While they state that transportation is a benefit of resort and/or ticket holding guests, I have never been asked for my ticket or resort ID. You should have no trouble.

You must either either have a multi-day ticket or be a resort guest to use WDW transportation.

Since you will have already checked in, you will have your resort ID and will be allowed to use WDW transportation.

When my best friend and I went for a day trip, we had to show our park ticket in order to get on the monorail or the ferry. There were people looking for it. But since you will have already checked in, your resort ID should be fine.

We have only been asked twice since 1990. Both times were in early February 2000. Go figure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter