Can you use TS credits for CS?

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
I am worried that we might be left with extra TS credits. Because we might not be able to get in restaurants, or be too full, or something like that.

So, can you use TS credits for CS?

(I know you could never use it the other way around, but thought this might work, since CS is cheaper then TS)

Thanks! :)

Okay, I have to ask - Why?!! There are so many wonderful restaurants to try out - just make your ADR's in advance! :)

I think it could be a great idea though. Swapping a TS for 2 CS or vice versa. We have too many TS meals, so I wish we could trade CS credits for TS!

Others have reported being able to (usually on the last day), but needed manager approval (but it was easy to get apparently).

It's just 1 TS credit for 1 CS credit though.

angel's momma said:
Others have reported being able to (usually on the last day), but needed manager approval (but it was easy to get apparently).

It's just 1 TS credit for 1 CS credit though.
I didn't think it was allowed, but while I was at the concierge desk making an ADR at the WL last summer, I heard a guest requesting to do just that with a CM. She was near the end of her vacation and I think she asked to change a couple of TS credits to CS credits...and they approved it.

That's interesting that they had the credits actually converted.

What I read, was that people just asked the CM at the register & they called over a manager to approve it.

The CM told me over the phone that I could NOT use dining plan Table Service Credits for a Counter Service meal.

This makes me a little jittery because I am worried about not being able to get reservations for the restaurants I want.

Is calling 4 months ahead of time too last minute for ressies?????

We are going to be booking our vacation this Friday for the free dining!!! woo hoo!!!

IS 4 months ahead too late....it depends, and probably not. If you are scheduling 12 people at CRT, it may well be too late. For 4 people at most other places, you'll probably get what you want.

We are travelling in May and I called yesterday and added some ADRs. No problem--got our first choice restaurant and within 30 minutes of our preferred time. I'd done the others about 45 days before travelling.

To plan, I list the restaurants DD wanted to use. I'd printed off the menus for most that I considered acceptable, then let her write "yes" or "no" on each one. She then chose from the "yes" to get the right number. I then made a sheet listing which parks had Extra Magic Hours for each of our days, and decide which restaurants will work with the parks we plan to visit.

Before I call, I make a list of my "preferred" requests, and off to the side in another color, I list some alternatives for that day. I've never had to go to my alternatives list, but at least I'm ready when I make the phone call.

All this planning is lovely. However, since DD is now a teen...the best laid plans are subject to change. She does like the evening EMH, so those usually stick for park choices.

bbump said:
The CM told me over the phone that I could NOT use dining plan Table Service Credits for a Counter Service meal.

That is the official policy - but some have been able to do it anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter