Can you visit the resorts this summer?

jsanders82

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I've been reading all the different changes due to COVID but didn't see if it said that we couldn't resort hop / visit the hotels. We are staying offsite for one day and then heading to the beach. We wanted to go explore Ft. Wilderness as we have a RV camp site next June. Since we have never been to Ft Wilderness, just wanted to have a look around and make sure it is a good fit since we are in town.

Do you think we will have any issues looking around and riding the internal bus system to see everything?

Following. we have an August trip and we’re thinking about resort hopping/exploring.

I am finding conflicting information.

I wish Disney would give better information on their reopening. I know they are figuring it out as they go but it’s hard to plan with so much uncertainty.

We are there July 5 so hopefully this is clarified by the time we go.

I just wonder how they are going to be able to police this. Will they turn away non-registered guests at the gate to the resort parking lot? Will they scan MagicBands before you board any form of Disney transportation in DS? Will they police the walkway between the Poly and the TTC, DS and SSR, or between MK and BLT to keep day guests out? Will S/D guests be able to wander over to the Boardwalk for a drink or ice cream? It seems like Disney can easily put out a warning like "resort guests only" but it will be interesting to see how it is enforced.

I just wonder how they are going to be able to police this. Will they turn away non-registered guests at the gate to the resort parking lot? Will they scan MagicBands before you board any form of Disney transportation in DS? Will they police the walkway between the Poly and the TTC, DS and SSR, or between MK and BLT to keep day guests out? Will S/D guests be able to wander over to the Boardwalk for a drink or ice cream? It seems like Disney can easily put out a warning like "resort guests only" but it will be interesting to see how it is enforced.

I think they will definitely be looking at cars at the gate. They have already been doing that on all of our trips. I don't know about DS buses, but that's a good point and a good way to do it there. I think stuff that has doors opening onto the Boardwalk, not the hotel only, will be fair game. They could also close off several entrances and exits and check at the few that are open. They could also be stating the rule and not really have a way to enforce it. We will see more week after next hopefully.

I brought this up in another thread and got scolded lol. It's true though and I kind of feel like the only way this is feasible is if they treat the walkable resorts as their own campuses as far as guests staying at them, eg Crescent Lake resorts are one "bubble", Poly and GF as one "bubble", etc. How do you bar Poly guests from GF when they share a fitness center?

They would also need to limit mobile ordering because how do you prevent say someone from BC ordering from Boardwalk Bakery? Especially when they already said BC guests will be able to use the It pool at BWI since SAB will be closed? Whole thing will be a mess and hopefully we get some clarity on this soon. I could definitely see that affecting people's decision making. If I'm a BC guest and I'm stuck with the tragic counter in the gift shop as my only QS I would 100% cancel.

I just wonder how they are going to be able to police this.

What I wonder about is what happens if you get on a bus at the theme park going to one resort, but you're staying at another resort. In the Email above, it says you must be a guest at that resort or have an ADR IF YOU ARE A DAY GUEST. It doesn't specify that you can't visit another resort, if you're a Disney resort guest. Maybe that's what they mean, that no resort hopping, but the wording isn't right. Or perhaps they'll still let Disney resort guests resort hop. Kind of confusing.

To check out Fort Wilderness there are a number of YouTube videos to view. I enjoy them just to get my fort fix when stuck at home dreaming of being there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter