Canada Cruise in October?

tigger334

Mouseketeer
Has anyone taken a Canadian cruise in October? We are thinking of doing it next year, but just wonder how cold it was. Also this is a Halloween cruise what is that like, it would be just 2 adults no kids.

TIA!

I haven’t, but we booked that cruise. I’m a Floridian but I do like cold so I’m hoping for a little chill. ❄⛄

We did and it was fine. Actually warm in NYC on departure, but the rest was jeans and hoodie weather. St. John was great weather, but don't expect beaches & sun. Would definitely do it again.

We did the Halloween on the High Seas to Canada on the Magic in 2017 and loved it! We wore pants and light jackets the whole time. It was too chilly for us to swim, but there were a few brave souls in the pools midday. One afternoon there was trick or treating and a dance party for the kids in the atrium lobby. Some adults go all out and dress in comstume too. The ship was tastefully decorated with autumn and non-scary Halloween decorations. Sailing through the NYC Harbor and seeing the Statue of Liberty was a real treat.
FWIW, we have also done Halloween on the High Seas to the Bahamas/Castaway Key on the Dream. It was a very different experience. We loved Castaway Key. But overall, we preferred the Canadian cruise and the smaller, more intimate feel of the Magic.

We have done this twice. The first one left on 10/02 for five nights and was surprisingly warm and sunny. I really regretted not bringing shorts. Kids were swimming in the pools on sea days. The second one left on 10/08 and was 12 nights. This one was what I anticipated the first time. It was definitely on the chilly side and I was very glad to have a couple of hoodies to throw on over long sleeved t's and even a jacket on top of that at times.

Honestly, I think the advice for the Summer Alaskan trips holds true for Canada in October. Layers. Lots of layers. It could be in the 70's and sunny (that was our first trip) or in the 50's and somewhat rainy (second trip).

I'm not a sun worshiper, and live in PA so cold weather doesn't bother me. We loved the weather on both trips, even the second one. The leaves were changing colors and the nip in air was invigorating. I'm probably (definitely?? :P ) in the minority on here, but I'd take a cool Canadian Fall cruise over a hot, steamy Caribbean one any day!! But I'm weird like that!

You never know. One year we died of heat. Was the worse they ever had. Next time it poured so hard you couldnt see the dock and the last time was beautiful weather. I would say none of them were cold.

Has anyone taken a Canadian cruise in October? We are thinking of doing it next year, but just wonder how cold it was. Also this is a Halloween cruise what is that like, it would be just 2 adults no kids.

TIA!

Depends when and where you are going... Early October can be still comfortable, end of October will be a bit colder. Expect colder weather whenever you are sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter