Canada Port Post Cruise Testing Options:

The rapid tests I currently have booked at the airport are $64 US per person. I forget what they were in Canadian.

I just got back from Vancouver yesterday and these were the options we were given. I did the eMed. It was super easy. We used Abbott home rapid antigen tests.
So you did the proctored test? Could you use a phone? Did you use port WIFI? Trying to figure put the when and where! Thanks!!

Hoping people report back after their cruise for those of us sailing later in summer. Does Disney test in Vancouver, like in Port Canaveral, before you get on ship.

Does Disney test in Vancouver, like in Port Canaveral, before you get on ship.
Yes, there will be testing before boarding. The Hawaii to Vancouver cruise arrives back on Monday, so we should start getting a lot of updates then.

That agent did not give you the correct info. I have the test booked for the Wonder sailing returning on 5/30. Booked through DCL Safe Passage and the antigen is $78.35 per person. I wish it was $43!
Wow-he was way off! I wonder if it varies by location and he was reading from another port?

So you did the proctored test? Could you use a phone? Did you use port WIFI? Trying to figure put the when and where! Thanks!!
I did the proctored test - I booked my cruise when Celebrity was doing complementary testing, so I got the test for free. I did use my phone, and it was just fine. I didn't do it at the terminal, but there are many, many public WiFi options in Vancouver, including at YVR, and I think my 5G would have worked too.

This is great! I ordered a telemedicine kit from United Airlines. Did you complete yours onboard after you docked or while you were still at sea? Thanks for sharing!
I did mine after disembarking at a public WiFi spot in Vancouver. They handed out the tests as you left the ship. Celebrity's free WiFi is definitely not usable for the online video, but it was very easy to find a spot to do it. YVR has free WiFi too.

I'm starting to second guess my plan to use the DCL testing. I saw someone say they weren't enforcing appointment time just first come first serve. I'm worried we will get stuck in line and be crunched to get to the airport for our 1:30 flight. Might cancel those appointments and order the emed tests. AHHH I hate having to make decisions with so many unknowns!!

I'm starting to second guess my plan to use the DCL testing. I saw someone say they weren't enforcing appointment time just first come first serve. I'm worried we will get stuck in line and be crunched to get to the airport for our 1:30 flight. Might cancel those appointments and order the emed tests. AHHH I hate having to make decisions with so many unknowns!!
I’m going with emed and hoping I can figure out the app. 😂

I’m going with emed and hoping I can figure out the app. 😂
I'm just picturing us and our three kids set up on a sidewalk by a wifi spot somewhere in Vancouver holding our phones and taking these tests 🤣 It's going to be an adventure!

I did the proctored test - I booked my cruise when Celebrity was doing complementary testing, so I got the test for free. I did use my phone, and it was just fine. I didn't do it at the terminal, but there are many, many public WiFi options in Vancouver, including at YVR, and I think my 5G would have worked too.
Do you know if when you do the test can you do a whole family on one call or do you need to do a separate call for each test?

Added clearer picture.
We are sailing Celebrity out of Vancouver in late July - which test did you select? The on-board seems easiest, but are they kicking you off the ship before you can do the test?

This is for PreCruise -- If you wait and use Disney's embarkation testing, you will have to pay for it if 5 or older. You can get the proctored self tests and do them from home or the hotel, and upload to Safe Passage. There will be a lot less people using DCL now, except for under 5's.

This is for PreCruise -- If you wait and use Disney's embarkation testing, you will have to pay for it if 5 or older. You can get the proctored self tests and do them from home or the hotel, and upload to Safe Passage. There will be a lot less people using DCL now, except for under 5's.
I'm so confused. I thought Disney required everyone to get tested by Disney right before getting on the boat and that you did it yourself only for under 5 and those are PCR. We do our own now to get on the boat?

I'm so confused. I thought Disney required everyone to get tested by Disney right before getting on the boat and that you did it yourself only for under 5 and those are PCR. We do our own now to get on the boat?
Disney just updated the Know Before You Go page on the DCL website regarding the new testing requirements for cruises starting June 7th for all US and Canadian departures.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us-checklist/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter