Canadian Buffoon European Vacation - 30/03 - Endings and Silver Linings

Oh Lord. The best is some American news outlets are totally killing the patois. He is something.

Really? I haven't seen that.

oop wrong name

Good to see that some things never change.

Wow, you're a regular Henny Dangerfield. Funny man, you are. No, the port holes are no danger to me:
I'm too big, can't fit.
It took the "Jaws of Life" to free me last cruise. (still paying off Carnival on that one.)

I knew what you meant, but I thought, "How many of the younger readers are going to figure out 'Henny Dangerfield' without Googling it?"

Geez.
Copy and paste it into Google and it automatically fills in the answer... even before it starts searching!

As for the porthole....
I don't think Carnival does the transatlantics...
and even if they do, pick another cruise line.

Unless...
Oh.

Yeah. I guess they would share your name with other curse lines.

and yes. I did that on purpose.

No, not gonna lie and say I've been following all alobng, but I do hope to catch up.Smidgy tells me that you are still on top of your game, as I knew you's be, but did you really have to put in, "I put my foot on the accelerator and it became depressed."?

The truth?
You want the truth?
Fine!

It's been a long time since I'd heard from you.

And frankly... I miss hearing/reading from you.

And even though I've been meaning to call, there's been so much turmoil up here that I haven't had a chance to do anything.
But...

If there was one way to get you back out of hiding.

I figured a really bad pun would do it.

Jiminny Crickets, and they said I made bad puns!

Jiminy Cricket makes bad puns?
I never knew.
(He said as he gleefully rubbed his legs together.)

Yes, if you have a sec, sorry for not checking in, I'm trying to getout of my POOR ME funk. 3 fingers on my now bad hand aren't really working right, and the eyes arent' getting better, but I SHALL persever, or at least perspire, gettingt good at that.

I won't ask, here.
But I'm gonna want details when I (finally) get a chance to call you!

And you know how much I hate to make tkypos.
typos.

I nkow.
know.

(Funny thing is... I typed 'nkow' and the autocorrect on this 'puter fixed it immediately.
I had to work to type it in wrong!)

Just for the record, I did make a couple of New Years Resolutions! They are:

I will not fall down the up stairs anymore.
I will not fall in the icy driveway anymore. 3times and counting, (don't ask)
:sad2:
I will not fall at the MaGIc Kingdom and give myself a concussion anymore.
I will not fall down at the Indy Stunt Show anymore when I am selected.
I will not fall UP the stairs again at the Indy Stunt Show
( see trip report))

Hey, khow about I just say " I will not fall" anymore?

Good plan.
If only we believed you could keep your resolutions!

Ponzi,,, and all the rest of you,,,,,,,, LYMI,,,, keep up the good work.

RESUME!

Thanks dude.
Start feeling better and drop in when you can, K?

Very entertaining!! I haven't read the whole thread, but I've read all your chapters. Love your humor and pictures. Can't wait for the next chapter, so make it quick, will ya?

Thanks!
And when I saw your screen name, I thought, "And thanks for not proselytising!"

As for the next chapter... My jailors insist that I only post one every ten days or so.
My last TR had chapters every fifteen minutes and some people (you know who you are) couldn't keep up.
Good news, though. Just a few more days to go!
Or bad news, I suppose, depending on your point of view.

I will not fall in the icy driveway anymore. 3times and counting, (don't ask)
I will not fall at the MaGIc Kingdom and give myself a concussion anymore.
I will not fall down at the Indy Stunt Show anymore when I am selected.
!

Oh NO!

Here's to your resolutions going well!

Very entertaining!! I haven't read the whole thread, but I've read all your chapters. Love your humor and pictures. Can't wait for the next chapter, so make it quick, will ya?

I know, eh? It's great. I'm always impatient for more.

Really? I haven't seen that.

[/B][/COLOR]

Well you wouldn't unless some Jamaican is swearing at you on a regular basis, are they? :goodvibes

And it was funny to watch the news outlets try to decipher what was coming out of his mouth anyway - why bother - it's not like it makes any sense at times. :rotfl:

My guess is that there are some Jamaican journalists up here that had the professional joy of deciphering, cause it was bang on.

And the only reason this white woman can translate is that I used to work with newly arrived West Indian students, the majority who were absolutely respectful - and hilarious. But of course a few would sneak some choice dialect in, try I mean.

Who knew all these years later, even with Jamaican friends, that the person I would be hearing it from again would be my mayor. My white upper class - insert wink and sigh - mayor. ;)

Okay, I must get back to Venice. :thumbsup2

I feel the need! The need for...

The train itself was more like what you'd see in the movies.
A narrow passageway on the left (as you face the rear of the train)
and compartments with doors on the right.
Each compartment had six seats, three facing across from the other three.

I'm smiling. It's funny what people appreciate when we write. I was transfixed on this short explanation. Interesting. :scratchin :goodvibes:goodvibes

We went to the dining car

I guess the more dramatic line would have been:

We went to the dining car, hungry and never were we seen again. By anyone. :rotfl2: ;)

But then we all know you reappeared in Venice and here, so that doesn't work. Drat.

EDIT ALERT! Drat on the line not working. Not on you reappearing. Laughing.

'When' turned out to be 2:45pm.

Oh no. :rotfl2: I followed instructions and did remember the time.

I'm still not sure how it's possible for dining on a train to take longer than the actual train ride.

:lmao:

Rolling hills and everywhere you looked were rows and rows of vines with grapes growing, waiting to be turned into wine.

Wow. Said in a transfixed manner. You're so lucky. Truly. So lucky to have had this trip. What a lovely memory for your family. :thumbsup2

In the next shot, while the buildings in the foreground are ugly, I loved the houses nestled into the hillside.

Sighing. Nice.

There are several ways to get around in Venice.
The cheapest, and one of the most fun, is to simply walk

The absolute joys of a city.

Sighing. :goodvibes AGAIN. :rotfl::lmao: Sorry. :lmao: ;)

The clerk says, "Just say it."

Love it. :rotfl2: Only because it wasn't me on the receiving end. :rotfl: (and by the way, this part was expressed perfectly - well done. )

Feeling a little perplexed and properly chastened I gather up our little group and we head out for our first look at historic Venice.

It does not disappoint.

OMG!!!! It certainly doesn't. :sad: The crying is because I'm so insanely jealous. Just beautiful. Just BEAUTIFUL. (

Sighing. Loudly.) :rotfl:

And by "we", I mean "I".

Nice to see you're surrounded by smart women! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

We strolled around for a bit, checking out all the little shops.
There are two main things that people want to buy when in Venice.
In no particular order;
One is glass, the other Carnival masks.
They're everywhere!

We were too tired to do any shopping, so we decided we'd had enough for one day and headed back to the hotel.

Next up. Getting our feet wet in Venice!
(that one was just for you, LisaV.)

Can't wait! What a holiday. :goodvibes And I just looked back and I deleted your most beautiful shot, the canal. I'm going back to grab it!!

Oh the masks made me smile. I have a friend who has a lot of those masks, a ton, and all these years it never occurred to me that it was because of his heritage, Italian. Not once. I don't know if that says anything about me. :rotfl:

Fantastic update. Seriously.

Thanks!
And when I saw your screen name, I thought, "And thanks for not proselytising!"

As for the next chapter... My jailors insist that I only post one every ten days or so.
My last TR had chapters every fifteen minutes and some people (you know who you are) couldn't keep up.
Good news, though. Just a few more days to go!
Or bad news, I suppose, depending on your point of view.

LOL, not a religious name. Oddly enough, it's more of a gamer name. But I can proselytize you to the gaming universe. Wanna come?

I feel the need! The need for...

Why all of a sudden do I have the image of Tom Cruise and Anthony Edwards in my head?

So. Just another glorious morning in Paradise.

Yeah yeah, rub it in…

Massive breakfast.
Eat too much.
Cart my bloated self back to the room.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

I thought Ruby and Elle rolled you back to the room last time? Obviously you are eating less each morning if you can now cart yourself back.

Oh, and wine and whine.

What? No cheese?

We were leaving our wonderful hosts in Wallgau today and making our way down to Venice.

So sad…

Sorry, Kay. No sleeping in today.

Ah…Now I see where the whine came in…and the wine.

When we went down for breakfast, we thanked our hostess and presented her with a bottle of wine.

My, aren’t we a winey bunch today?!

She was quite surprised... and pleased.

She really was amazingly friendly and courteous.
The perfect hostess.

Reminder, when the Ponzi clan visits, be friendly and courteous and you will get wine!

Be unfriendly and rude, and someone will whine.

Got it!

As we left the dining room for the last time... I cried a little.

Oh, how I'll miss that breakfast spread!

If there was ever a reason for a man to cry, that would be it…

Nice wheels!

Parking in that spot was always fun.
The car's onboard radar would trill and turn red as it got closer and closer to the bushes at the front of the parking spot.
I think it turned red 'cause it was embarrassed to be seen in a country setting and not in some expensive, big-city, hi-rise parking garage.

I can hear the internal debate the car was going through now:

“Oh man…I hope no one notices me. I can’t believe I’ve stooped so low as to be willing to be seen in public in such a green and lush area. I should be reveling in the smog and surrounded by buildings made out of glass, but noooooo…I had to spread my fender and see what else this great big world had to offer…now look at me…Oh the horror!”

It would go something like this.
"Okay, you're parking now? Fine. All clear."
"Uh, no big deal, but there's something up ahead over there."
"Heh. Heh. You're getting a little close, aren't you? Not to worry, still plenty of room."
"Getting a little tight around here, big fella."
"Umm... You do know that there's something there, right?"
"Better back off now."
"You're too close! Pull up! Pull up!"
"Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!"

A leaf gently kisses the front bumper.

Are you sure that was the car and not Ruby or perhaps me, screaming from all the way in the states?

Did I mention that the area is fairly scenic?
Ruby snapped a few more shots as we made our way to the autobahn.

Breathtaking. Really gorgeous pics. Great job Ruby!

There is one slight difference between an Autobahn and most other freeways in the world.

There's no speed limit.

Hmmm…Man, in fancy sports car, with no speed limit…This can’t be good.

Oh, when there's construction, or poor weather, etc. the speed is reduced... but otherwise?

So instead of “As fast as you dare,” it’s, “As fast as your car can handle in the rain?”

There is an advisory speed limit of 130 kmh (81 mph), but it's not a mandated limit.

HAHA! I like that. We would recommend you only go this speed, but totally up to you!

There are reasonably affordable cars that have the power to travel at high rates of speed,
but the large automakers (especially German ones) electronically limit the cars to 250 kmh (155 mph).

Only? What fun is that?!

You might think that this would translate into a higher amount of serious accidents...
But Germany has one of the lowest rates of fatalities in the World (on Highways at least, I don't know about other roads).

You know…when people are allowed to do things, like go fast in this instance, it seems the compelling need to “see what you can get away with” goes away, and people tend to be more cautious.

Why? I have a theory about that.

Well, Why don’t you tell us about it Ponzi?

The first thing I noticed is that cars on the autobahn are being driven with much more skill than I've seen anywhere else.

Well, when you are going over 150 mph that tends to be something you should be skilled at.

You don't see cars traveling at slow speeds in the left hand lane.

Now that is just unheard of…

It seems that everybody uses signals

You mean those flashy lights that indicate you are going to be pulling into another lane or turning? Is that what those whatumacalits are?

and are aware of what's going on around them.
They have to. When things move that much faster, you have to be aware of what's going on and what you're doing.

Get outta here…Now you’re just making stuff up.

When I was a kid, too young to drive, I always used to say that some day, I would buy a Porsche and drive a hundred miles an hour on the German autobahn.
As I got older, the little kid in me never quite went away.
The dream morphed with the times and one hundred miles an hour became two hundred kilometers an hour (125 mph).

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that this may be every young boy’s fantasy…although, I’m pretty sure in said fantasy there would be a Barbie-esque looking girl in the passenger seat along with him as he goes 125 mph.

Still wanted the Porsche, though.
Still do.

Most guys do. My cousin is one of those. Just a few years ago he was able to purchase that dream…Personally, I wouldn't let that thing out of the garage if I had one. Too afraid it would get scratched or dinged or worse…

The last time I drove on the autobahn was in 1994.
My mom was in the back seat.
I got it up to about 150 kmh (95 mph) before she got too nervous and I had to slow down.
That and I was doing it in a station wagon.

I can picture almost any car in my head except for a mini van or a station wagon going 95 mph on the autobahn. That just doesn’t seem right to me, or plausible for that matter. Wonder if Mythbusters can do something on that.

The car picks up speed.

I’m sure you had nothing to do to assist the car picking up speed…

The car approaches 150 kmh (95mph), no biggie. Been here before.

This car has a mind of it’s own…Kinda creepy.

I edge it up to 160... then 170. (105 mph! The toddler in me rejoices.)

Ah…Now we get to the truth. Past 95 mph, after its done all the hard work, you come in for the kill.

180 (110 mph)

The suspense is killing me!

190 (120 mph)

This is around the time I would be holding onto anything in the car trying desperately not to say, Eeek!

A car is in front of me going a snail like 120 kmh (75 mph).

What’s he thinking? This is the autobahn…75 is for the states!

I slow down.

Good call.

He sees me coming, finishes passing an even slower vehicle and merges back to the right.

Now you definitely know your not in Kansas anymore. Most people stay in the left lane just to piss you off.

I resume my quest.

Persistence usually pays off.

I ask Ruby to take a picture for me:

Better than you taking the pic. I mean, going at that rate of speed and then having to work a camera too. I know you're good but that’s overdoing it. Good call on asking Ruby.

Um…Congratulations?! Oh Mylanta! That’s just nuts.

I do not do a fist pump or spin the wheel in celebration.

I’m proud of you. Again. Good thinking. Taking your hand off the wheel or jerking it in any shape or form now could have been detrimental.

I did smile.

See, now what we needed was the whole picture of you and the speedometer together with that huge ear to ear Cheshire grin I’m sure you had.

That bucket feels just a little lighter, now.

I’m afraid to know what else is on that list…But I’m sure if we stick around the Dis long enough, there will be a TR regarding each one as they are ticked off.

A few things to note on the above picture.
There's a little red light on the speedometer at 170.
I have no idea what it means. Possibly it's a "What on earth are you doing???" light.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s a “DANGER WILL ROBINSON!” light…but I could be wrong. I don’t know much about cars. However, if it was followed by this Then I may have been right.

Also, just to the right of the speedometer are two red lines.
I believe they're symbolic of the car reaching (imaginary) arms to heaven while simultaneously chanting hosannas... or... "Oh Gawd! Oh Gawd! Oh Gawd! We're all gonna die!!!!"

Maybe this is where the above pictured reference came in…although your story sounds plausible too.

One more thing, before we get to Munich and have to <sigh> slow down.

Shortly after that picture was taken?
I got it up to 220kmh. (137 freaking miles per hour! On a highway!)

I have no desire to top that...
at least not on a highway.

That’s what the speedways are for.

<pkondz's mother breathes a sigh of relief>

Along with his wife and daughters.

Arriving in Munich, I drop off the kids and the old bag
and Ruby and the new bags (what?:confused3)

Nice save…

I am tempted to get back on the autobahn, but only slightly.
That bucket has not grown heavier in the past hour.

An hour later, Ruby and the girls are still waiting at the train station wondering where on earth Ponzi disappeared to.

The GPS is telling me that in order to go two blocks east...
I first have to drive six blocks south,
one block east,
seven blocks north,
one block east
and one block south.

Sounds logical to me.

Stupid car. What does it know?
Oddly enough, the fact that I'd trusted it implicitly for the last four days does not cross my mind.

Of course not. You just beat your old record on the autobahn, and now have been reverted into a steaming mug of testosterone. "I will not stop and ask for directions, I know where I’m going."

I can't make a U-turn on this busy street, so I'll go up to the corner, turn right and be on my way.

six blocks later… you are now probably going the exact same way the car was telling you to go.

Except there's a train station on the right and I can only turn left.
No problem, a couple of lefts is as good as a couple of rights, right?

Haven’t you hear the old saying, “two wrongs do not make a right?”

I turn left at the corner, uh... the next street is a one way.
No problem, I'll turn left at the next one.
I do.
And run straight into a gated building with armed guards patrolling out front.

Bet you wish you listened to the car now. You’d have been there already.

Whoopsie!

You know. I have a really hard time hearing you say this. Of course I have a really hard time hearing any grown man say this.

Left turn.
Left turn onto the one way.
Left turn again...
Pass the boys with guns. (Resist the urge to wave.)
Pass another one way.
Pass a street with no turns allowed.
Pass another one way.
Turn left.

You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out…You put your left foot in, and you shake it all about.

See? Easy!
Six blocks south, just like the GPS said.
I knew I could count on it!

Eventually, I get close to the car rental return... and I'm not too sure where I should turn.
I turn down an alley... and it turns out to be the wrong one for the garage, but the right one for the gas station.

Hmm…Sounds oddly like our own situation when we returned our car. You’ll read about that later in our TR.

Around noon, Kay mentioned that she was getting hungry
(she's not a big breakfast eater).

Really? I would have never guessed. Of course that could have been because she sleeps through breakfast…Ah…I remember when I used to be able to do that.

I wasn't quite sure if we were supposed to wait, or go up and order.
After half an hour, I decided that I'd better go and ask.

I was told, "I can come to you."

At this point I would have said…Well I’m here, and you're here. Why don’t I just give you my order here.

'When' turned out to be 2:45pm.

Wow. I would have been livid.

At least we had a window to look out of as we waited.

If I thought the scenery was beautiful in Germany, it was spectacular in Austria.

At least you had something to take your mind off the non-present food.

I did take a few pictures while we waited, but mostly I just looked.
(In my defence, I kept thinking, "She's gotta be coming by any second now, right?")

I won’t hold it against you this time, I mean, food is a big deal and I can see the distraction.

That’s gotta be a painting right? That is way too green to be real.

Fifteen minutes after we'd placed our order, the waitress came by to tell us that we were approaching a station
and while we were stopped, the kitchen would have no power...
so they couldn't make my soup for twenty minutes.
"We're going to be stopped for twenty minutes?"
Most of the stops had been five to ten minutes in duration.
"No." She replied. "The train is stopped for ten minutes, then the soup takes ten minutes to make."

Does that mean that the sandwich and salad cannot be made either?

At 3:45pm (well after having left the last stop) our waitress walks by our table with what looked like my salad.
She neither looked at us nor paused as she walked by.

Just because it looks like your salad, and acts like your salad, and probably is screaming out, “I’m Ponzi’s Salad!” does not make it your salad.

I couldn't catch her eye as she hurried by so I watched my salad disappear.

This would have been a good time to say, “Excuse me?! Over here…The incredibly hungry people in front of you...how about handing that salad over here.”

Five minutes later, she brought the soup and salad and we were able to eat.

You have a lot more patience than I do!

There were only about a dozen tables in the dining car.
And they were all numbered.
How hard exactly would it be to write down the table number after you've taken an order?

Apparently. Very hard.

It seems it’s even harder to ask the other half dozen guests sitting in the dining area if the salad or sandwiches are theirs instead of assuming that if it isn’t for the ones way in the back, then a ghost must have ordered them.

From the time we first set out to eat until the time we finally did... almost four hours had gone by.
Although to be fair, it only took two and a half hours from the time we found a table and sat down...
For a soup, salad and sandwich.
:sad2:

Nothing is fair in food and war…

I'm still not sure how it's possible for dining on a train to take longer than the actual train ride.

Now here’s the real question…How was the food?

After crossing the Alps and entering northern Italy, the countryside began to look very different.

Rolling hills and everywhere you looked were rows and rows of vines with grapes growing, waiting to be turned into wine.

In the next shot, while the buildings in the foreground are ugly, I loved the houses nestled into the hillside.

Beautiful shots. Honestly they are breathtaking.

Is it just me or does the houses nestled into the hillside picture remind you of The Hobbit a little?

There are several ways to get around in Venice.
The cheapest, and one of the most fun, is to simply walk.
Venice is actually a group of islands connected by waterways, narrow streets and bridges.
While we technically could have walked to our hotel, in reality it would've been difficult.

We’ve done the walk/haul suitcases bit with you before. I am sort of hoping you get a little reprieve this time around.

You can take a water taxi to the dock nearest your hotel, but it's expensive.

Well of course it is. Anything worth doing, is worth doing expensively.

Gondola?
Very romantic.
Very unpractical.
Possibly impossible, with all our suitcases.
It would take a long time for our gondolier to pole us to our destination.

I have a mental image of the gondolier making it a point to whack you with that pole on every opportunity if you made them haul you and your luggage.

I parked the girls in some shade and got in line at the kiosk.

I realize that you probably drive your girls crazy from time to time…but parking them too?!

On the train, I had tried to memorize a few phrases in Italian,
but the one that I made sure to learn was, "parla inglese?".
(Speak english?)

Good one to know. I believe there are 3 key phrases you should always know when visiting a foreign country.

1) Do you speak English?
2) Where are the bathrooms?
3) Another beer please?!

I march confidently up to the ticket booth and ask, "parla inglese"?

"No."

Oh.... Prac.

I need a seventy two hour pass.
I had learned some numbers, but my mind goes absolutely blank.

So I start to fumble and mumble and try to figure out how I'm going to ask for a seventy two hour pass.
Seven is... is... uh...
I show him seven fingers.
Two, that's, umm... duo? due?
I need four, okay. Four. Quattro. I remembered that one.

You sound like me trying to talk to someone in Spanish around here.

The clerk says, "Just say it."

I was waiting for that. If he can understand English, I’m pretty sure he could speak it as well. Especially in a place like that, with as many tourists that go through.

It does not disappoint.

Gorgeous!

This vaporetto terminates at the biggest tourist draw in Venice; Piazza San Marco (St. Mark's Square).
We won't be going that far tonight, but we will be getting off at another major tourist draw; the Rialto Bridge.

You know, I just finished listening to the audio version of Inferno by Dan Brown and seeing all these particular places in your TR just draws me in.

I’m with T-Man, this does look extremely familiar to me.

The bridge was originally built out of wood in 1255.
It was the first bridge to cross the Grand Canal (there are still only four bridges).
The bridge collapsed in 1444 and again in 1524.
The current stone bridge was completed in 1591.
The bridge is lined on both sides of the central walkway with shops.
I think I have a picture of the inside of it. If I do, I'll post it in a later chapter.

I have to say, while it’s a beautiful bridge and definitely a huge attraction, knowing full well that it has collapsed not once but twice…would definitely have me a little standoffish about walking on it, especially with as many people around it.

Does it count if I say that I have been to the Venitian Hotel in Vegas and it looks similar to this?

No…

Worth a shot. The closest I will ever get.

[/B]At Rialto stop ask for the street Salizzada San Lio , and we are half way on the right hand-side,
you will see a tunnel with written above an indication for Hotel Canaletto.

I love directions that tell you the first thing you have to do is ask for directions. :laughing:

It’s like them telling you, “We have no clue where you are coming from, and no we really don’t care. Just stop and ask how to get to this street and from there we can direct you.”

Using some very detailed maps that I downloaded in conjunction with the directions from the hotel and Google maps,
I managed to figure out how to get there on my own.

Again, total man, The directions tell you to stop and ask for directions and you don’t read or heed the directions.

From the vaporetto stop, head towards the Rialto Bridge and turn right.
Head east on Salita Pio X until you reach Campo San Bartolomeo.
Turn left and take the third tunnel on the right.
Follow the alley until you cross the Rio de la Fava canal and reach Salisada San Lio.
From there, follow the hotel's directions.

You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out, you put your right foot in, and you shake it all about…

We did have one spot that was a bit of a pain.
The bridge crossing the canal was steps, not ramps,
so we had to carry all the suitcases up and over the bridge.

And by "we", I mean "I".

It’s inevitable, and as much as we would love to see that for one time on this trip, you didn’t have to lug the luggage around stairs, we are actually stirring with anticipation, knowing full well that it’s going to happen and waiting until it comes up.

I was SO looking forward to never having to lift the suitcase from hell ever again.

Just think of it this way, once you get home, you can look forward to that possibility.

That is a great view.

Here's our room.
(Note evil suitcase of death in bottom left of both photos. How does it do that?
Notice in second picture how it's sporting a Disney tag in an attempt to look innocent.
But we know better, don't we?)

You have really lucked out with the rooms you got this trip. They definitely have been really nice. Even with sharing a room, it doesn’t seem too cramped.

If you're looking for modern accomodations with ultra high end furnishings...
You're probably in the wrong city.
When people ask me what I thought of Venice,
I usually use the phrase, "Elegant decay".
Hopefully, in the next chapter, I'll be able to explain what I mean by that.

I like that phrase. I can’t wait to hear the explanation, however, I think I have a good description in my head.

I was too tired to take note of what everyone ate, but I recall that everything was quite good.

What?! You didn’t take pictures of everyone’s plate after they had already eaten half of it? Don’t they teach you that in TR 101 class?

We were too tired to do any shopping, so we decided we'd had enough for one day and headed back to the hotel.

No food pics, no shopping…I think you are failing class for today…

Next up. Getting our feet wet in Venice!
(that one was just for you, LisaV.)

Sounds exciting!!!! Can’t wait.

LOL, not a religious name. Oddly enough, it's more of a gamer name. But I can proselytize you to the gaming universe. Wanna come?

You can do what?
Is that legal? But more importantly,,,,, will I like it? Sounds like there are proselytize and conselytize involved. Ok, I'll shut up now. Nice to meet kyou Sprietsy. By the way, Ponzi can also be found making a fool out of himself over on Thumper Man's trip report on Disneyland,,, so if you like him her, you'll just adore him over by dere.
No, not him, her; him here. Him, is not a Her. He, is not a Her. He, is Him, well, he was till they took his man-card away by saying he bought his daughters "Toesies". This is his word for Sandals, or "Flip Flops"

Um ,,,, what was the question again?

I have been clicking back and forth, and to be honest,, I wasn't even sure whko's post I was reading, or even which report it was for awhile. But you and Heather made for great reading, no bout a doubt it.

Those pics of the seaside resort look just like Portofino Bay at Universal Orlando,,,, been there a few times,,,, but only as interlopers using their pools,,,and yes, they encourage you to do so. Boy, wish I coule remember what it was I wanted to comment on,,,,,,,they say the mind is the second thing to go as you grow older,,,,,can't remember the first thing though.

Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
I ask Ruby to take a picture for me:

OH, ok, it'd kinda coming bnack to me.
I was just going to say something derogatory about what you just did: Had your wife take the picture just because you were goiong about 110 mph!
I mean, C'Mon!

Around here, everybody on their way to work has a cig in one hand, the radio on, a cup of McDonnies coffee in the other, with an Egg McMuffin sitting between their legs.

The fun really starts when their cell phone goes off too.

You wus.

See? Aren't yu glad I'm back? And no, my attitude adjustment didn't quite work; I need a refitting.

But, Oh boy, from what I['ve seen of your pics,,, WOW, the scenery is incredible,,,,,,, thanks a lot, now Lady Di really wants to go to Germany. ok,,,, c'ya. Hmm, maybe I can get Smidgy and Marita together to go to Germany.
ANd then I can go to someplace with some real culture;

like the go kart tracks at the Dells!

C'ya again.
I promise not to be so annoying until the next time I post.

I know, eh? It's great. I'm always impatient for more.

Me too!

Oh, wait...
That means I've gotta write, right?

Well you wouldn't unless some Jamaican is swearing at you on a regular basis, are they?

People swear at me all the time!

Well... Ruby does. Does that count?

And it was funny to watch the news outlets try to decipher what was coming out of his mouth anyway - why bother - it's not like it makes any sense at times. :rotfl:

My guess is that there are some Jamaican journalists up here that had the professional joy of deciphering, cause it was bang on.

And the only reason this white woman can translate is that I used to work with newly arrived West Indian students, the majority who were absolutely respectful - and hilarious. But of course a few would sneak some choice dialect in, try I mean.

Who knew all these years later, even with Jamaican friends, that the person I would be hearing it from again would be my mayor. My white upper class - insert wink and sigh - mayor.

Hah! Caught you!
Everyone knows that it's impossible, and possibly illegal and/or immoral, to say Jamaica mon or Jamaican mon without the 'mon', mon.

Kidding aside, that's pretty interesting.
Even if it does remind me of that scene from Airplane.

I'm smiling. It's funny what people appreciate when we write. I was transfixed on this short explanation. Interesting.

And yet, I had no idea it would have that kind of impact.
Glad you liked it, though!

I guess the more dramatic line would have been:

We went to the dining car, hungry and never were we seen again. By anyone.

Considering the amount of time we were there,
if I'd asked for anything else, it probably would've happened like that.

But then we all know you reappeared in Venice and here, so that doesn't work. Drat.

Hey!

EDIT ALERT! Drat on the line not working. Not on you reappearing. Laughing.

I was a little worried, there, for a second.

Still a tad concerned.

Wow. Said in a transfixed manner. You're so lucky. Truly. So lucky to have had this trip. What a lovely memory for your family.

That was the idea.
I hope years down the road, the girls will look back on this trip the same way I look back on the trip my parents took me on.

The absolute joys of a city.

Sighing. :goodvibes AGAIN. :rotfl::lmao: Sorry. :lmao: ;)

Actually, I will have more to say on this subject in the next chapter.

Heh. Now you've gotta go back and see just what it was you were talking about, right?

Love it. :rotfl2: Only because it wasn't me on the receiving end. :rotfl:

I could'a strangled the guy.
I think I would've gotten away with it too.

Justifiable homicide.

OMG!!!! It certainly doesn't. :sad: The crying is because I'm so insanely jealous. Just beautiful. Just BEAUTIFUL.

I made Lisa cry!
Heartless, I am! Heartless!

Love that song.

Nice to see you're surrounded by smart women!

And they're cursed with close proximity to a dumb guy.

And I just looked back and I deleted your most beautiful shot, the canal.

What???? I spent hours... Days... Weeks! on that picture.
And you just go and cavalierly toss it aside?????

Oh the masks made me smile. I have a friend who has a lot of those masks, a ton, and all these years it never occurred to me that it was because of his heritage, Italian. Not once. I don't know if that says anything about me. :rotfl:

It does.
Lots.

(Well, okay. I wasn't aware of the connection to Venice either, before I started my research....
But I don't have any Italian friends!

I can say that for a fact, because I don't have any friends)

Fantastic update. Seriously.

Thanks, Lisa! :)

Here it is! HERE IT IS! :goodvibes :thumbsup2 Wow, my goodness - how lovely.

Nice shot. Lovely memories.

Well, okay.
I'll let you off the hook for now.

Yes.

But...

Last December, I bought Assassin's Creed - Black Flag and Batman Gotham Origins.... and they're both still in the original shrink wrap packaging...

I seriously have no time.
Thank goodness I have a job where I can catch up on DISing during my break!

Besides, I still haven't called Nebo and that's a priority, right now.

Why all of a sudden do I have the image of Tom Cruise and Anthony Edwards in my head?

Because you have (had?) an incredibly intense crush for them?

Yeah yeah, rub it in…

I did!
Glad it worked.

I thought Ruby and Elle rolled you back to the room last time? Obviously you are eating less each morning if you can now cart yourself back.

Nope. I was speaking in the third person.

Ruby still had to roll me.
I was way too full to wheel myself!

What? No cheese?

Yes.
Cheese.
And yogurt.
And cold cuts.
And bread.
And cereals.
And.... did you not read that chapter?!?!?

I know!
I want that breakfast.

Now.

Ah…Now I see where the whine came in…and the wine.

Well, actually.
The whine was me, having to leave that breakfast... forever :sad:

I am immune to Kay whining about having to get up.

My, aren’t we a winey bunch today?!

Yes, nothing but grapes.

Gripes.

Reminder, when the Ponzi clan visits, be friendly and courteous and you will get wine!

Or whine....

Trust me, you DO NOT want whine!

If there was ever a reason for a man to cry, that would be it…

I'm so glad someone understands...

Hi. My name is pkondz and I'm addicted to that particular breakfast in Bavaria.

<Hi pkondz!>

Nice wheels!

The rest of the car was pretty sweet, too!

I can hear the internal debate the car was going through now:

“Oh man…I hope no one notices me. I can’t believe I’ve stooped so low as to be willing to be seen in public in such a green and lush area. I should be reveling in the smog and surrounded by buildings made out of glass, but noooooo…I had to spread my fender and see what else this great big world had to offer…now look at me…Oh the horror!”

Yup.
That's pretty much it.

Although to be fair, the car should have known that it was going to experience the backwoods as soon as I got behind the wheel.

Are you sure that was the car and not Ruby or perhaps me, screaming from all the way in the states?

So that was you!
And here we just thought the place was haunted.

huh.

Hmmm…Man, in fancy sports car, with no speed limit…This can’t be good.

Au contraire.

It was good.

Sooooo good.

So instead of “As fast as you dare,” it’s, “As fast as your car can handle in the rain?”

Germany is not a particularly litigious country. :rolleyes1:

HAHA! I like that. We would recommend you only go this speed, but totally up to you!

See previous.

Only? What fun is that?!

I know! Give me speeds greater than 250kmh or give me death!

Wait... one would probably follow the other, right?

You know…when people are allowed to do things, like go fast in this instance, it seems the compelling need to “see what you can get away with” goes away, and people tend to be more cautious.

I'll buy that.

Well, Why don’t you tell us about it Ponzi?

Nah. You know me. Very closed mouth.

Well, when you are going over 150 mph that tends to be something you should be skilled at.

And yet...

There was me. Driving that fast.

Me: "Wow! These drivers really know what they're doing!"
Every single German I passed that day: "What is this dummkopf doing?"

Now that is just unheard of…

Probably my second biggest pet peeve (driving peeve, at any rate).

You mean those flashy lights that indicate you are going to be pulling into another lane or turning? Is that what those whatumacalits are?

You laugh....
But it seems that the vast majority of Winnipegers have NO FREAKING IDEA how to use them.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that this may be every young boy’s fantasy…although, I’m pretty sure in said fantasy there would be a Barbie-esque looking girl in the passenger seat along with him as he goes 125 mph.

I will not have to go out on a limb to say that every young boy's fantasy does involve a Barbie-esque looking girl...

But it doesn't have anything to do with cars.

Most guys do. My cousin is one of those. Just a few years ago he was able to purchase that dream…Personally, I wouldn't let that thing out of the garage if I had one. Too afraid it would get scratched or dinged or worse…

I know that I will (probably... short of winning a lottery) never own one.
I can't see myself buying a car that I can only drive half the year.

Ah, well.
A guy can dream.

I can picture almost any car in my head except for a mini van or a station wagon going 95 mph on the autobahn. That just doesn’t seem right to me, or plausible for that matter. Wonder if Mythbusters can do something on that.

They don't have to.
It's been done.
With five adults in the car.

I’m sure you had nothing to do to assist the car picking up speed…

Nope. It's as if the car wanted to go that fast.

This car has a mind of it’s own…Kinda creepy.

Christine.

Ah…Now we get to the truth. Past 95 mph, after its done all the hard work, you come in for the kill.

I had to.
It started saying a bunch of silly things like, "Maybe we should slow down."

Silly car.

The suspense is killing me!

Me too! I wonder what's gonna happen?

This is around the time I would be holding onto anything in the car trying desperately not to say, Eeek!

Or possibly, "Dumbwife! Dumbwife!"????

Man.

That would so make my day.

quotes020510.jpg

Now you definitely know your not in Kansas anymore. Most people stay in the left lane just to piss you off.

Ugh.
Remind me not to click my heels together.

Better than you taking the pic. I mean, going at that rate of speed and then having to work a camera too. I know you're good but that’s overdoing it. Good call on asking Ruby.

Uh, huh.
Did you see what Nebo wrote about this?

Um…Congratulations?! Oh Mylanta! That’s just nuts.

And yet... soooooo awesome.

See, now what we needed was the whole picture of you and the speedometer together with that huge ear to ear Cheshire grin I’m sure you had.

So.... What you're saying is... at 250mph, you want me to turn my head, take my eyes off the road... for a picture...

I never knew you had such a cruel streak, Heather.

I’m afraid to know what else is on that list…But I’m sure if we stick around the Dis long enough, there will be a TR regarding each one as they are ticked off.

If I'm lucky... I'll never finish that list.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s a “DANGER WILL ROBINSON!” light…but I could be wrong. I don’t know much about cars. However, if it was followed by this Then I may have been right.

Apparently.... you were right. :laughing:

:lmao: Love that smiley!

Along with his wife and daughters.

Nah.
The wife is just, "Meh. Whatever. Just don't kill us all, okay?"
And the kids are too busy with their iPods to even realize just how fast that really was.

An hour later, Ruby and the girls are still waiting at the train station wondering where on earth Ponzi disappeared to.

Simple.
I drove 60 miles out... and back.

Of course not. You just beat your old record on the autobahn, and now have been reverted into a steaming mug of testosterone. "I will not stop and ask for directions, I know where I’m going."

Ya got that right, baby!

six blocks later… you are now probably going the exact same way the car was telling you to go.

Yup.

Haven’t you hear the old saying, “two wrongs do not make a right?”

No.
That's wrong.
So wrong.
Right?

Bet you wish you listened to the car now. You’d have been there already.

Hey! Who's side are you on, anyway?

You know. I have a really hard time hearing you say this. Of course I have a really hard time hearing any grown man say this.

How about, "Whoopsie doodle"?

Hmm…Sounds oddly like our own situation when we returned our car. You’ll read about that later in our TR.

Speaking of....
I hope to get to yours tomorrow.
But I wanted to get my shout-outs in first.

So looking forward to reading the latest update!

Really? I would have never guessed. Of course that could have been because she sleeps through breakfast…Ah…I remember when I used to be able to do that.

Heck. I remember when I used to be able to sleep!

At this point I would have said…Well I’m here, and you're here. Why don’t I just give you my order here.

I really got the impression that I was supposed to sit and be waited on.

Although it appears that she may have not gotten that memo.

Wow. I would have been livid.

I was a tad perturbed.

That’s gotta be a painting right? That is way too green to be real.

Nope. I mentioned this earlier.
I bump up the saturation by maybe 10%, but that's more to overcome the camera's limitations.

It really was that green.

Does that mean that the sandwich and salad cannot be made either?

No kidding... but at this point, I just couldn't believe it anymore.
Plus, I don't think she knew at that point that I had ordered anything else.

Just because it looks like your salad, and acts like your salad, and probably is screaming out, “I’m Ponzi’s Salad!” does not make it your salad.

That's okay. I don't think I could eat food that was calling my name.

This would have been a good time to say, “Excuse me?! Over here…The incredibly hungry people in front of you...how about handing that salad over here.”

I didn't go into all the details.
Depending on your point of view, it's either better or worse.

The car is divided down the middle by the walkway.
There are tables on either side.
On the left side, the tables are small and can only accomodate two people.
On the other side, they're larger and seat four.
We were at a two top, and were either the first or second closest to the kitchen.
The waitress would walk past us and then about halfway down the car,
she would start asking the people on the left if the food was theirs.
When she got to the end, she'd ask the people on the right and work her way back up to the kitchen.
But about one table from ours or at the table right across from ours, she'd stop asking.
It was really bizarre. She'd never ask us.

So better... she at least asked people.
or worse... she never asked us!

You have a lot more patience than I do!

I mentioned this to Lisa, I think.
I developed a morbid fascination to see just how long this would happen.
Kind of like, "Okay... still no food. Just how much longer can it possibly take?"

It seems it’s even harder to ask the other half dozen guests sitting in the dining area if the salad or sandwiches are theirs instead of assuming that if it isn’t for the ones way in the back, then a ghost must have ordered them.

I gotta admit... I was really impressed at just how incompetent this girl really was!
She was amazing in her ineptitude!

Now here’s the real question…How was the food?

Not bad... but that might be because we hadn't eaten in several years.

Is it just me or does the houses nestled into the hillside picture remind you of The Hobbit a little?

Dunno. Never seen it.
I refuse to wait for three... count 'em three movies about a short book.

We’ve done the walk/haul suitcases bit with you before. I am sort of hoping you get a little reprieve this time around.

Aw. Heather's looking out for me!

I have a mental image of the gondolier making it a point to whack you with that pole on every opportunity if you made them haul you and your luggage.

:lmao: Yeah, that'd probably happen.
But... can you imagine?
"How was your first ride on a gondola?"
"Oh, awesome... I had four suitcases piled on me... it was just great. Really."

I realize that you probably drive your girls crazy from time to time…but parking them too?!

Oh, sure.
But getting them to reverse is next to impossible.

Good one to know. I believe there are 3 key phrases you should always know when visiting a foreign country.

1) Do you speak English?
2) Where are the bathrooms?
3) Another beer please?!

That's a good list.

I was waiting for that. If he can understand English, I’m pretty sure he could speak it as well. Especially in a place like that, with as many tourists that go through.

He really gave me the impression that he couldn't speak English.
Usually, when you ask, you get, "A little" back, or something.
Nope. Not this guy.
Just, "No".

You know, I just finished listening to the audio version of Inferno by Dan Brown and seeing all these particular places in your TR just draws me in.

Ah! Then the next chapter should be even better!

I’m with T-Man, this does look extremely familiar to me.

Probably from your mental image from Inferno.

Or you and Mike are psychotic, like me.

I have to say, while it’s a beautiful bridge and definitely a huge attraction, knowing full well that it has collapsed not once but twice…would definitely have me a little standoffish about walking on it, especially with as many people around it.

If you were there, you probably wouldn't have had any worries.
The first two were made of wood, this one is stone....
And it's huge. It would take a lot to knock it down.

Does it count if I say that I have been to the Venitian Hotel in Vegas and it looks similar to this?

No…

Worth a shot. The closest I will ever get.

No.
I've been there too.... Not even close.

It’s like them telling you, “We have no clue where you are coming from, and no we really don’t care. Just stop and ask how to get to this street and from there we can direct you.”

Yeah. That's pretty much it.

Again, total man, The directions tell you to stop and ask for directions and you don’t read or heed the directions.

But I did!

I stopped and asked Google.

Doesn't that count?

It’s inevitable, and as much as we would love to see that for one time on this trip, you didn’t have to lug the luggage around stairs, we are actually stirring with anticipation, knowing full well that it’s going to happen and waiting until it comes up.

Hmmm..... interesting.
But I'm not going to get ahead of myself, here.

Just think of it this way, once you get home, you can look forward to that possibility.

Again... hmmmmmm...

That is a great view.

Isn't it? I could hardly believe I was seeing it.

You have really lucked out with the rooms you got this trip. They definitely have been really nice. Even with sharing a room, it doesn’t seem too cramped.

It wasn't bad at all.
This was the only place that I had concerns about, since the TA had booked it.
I think she did a good job.

I like that phrase. I can’t wait to hear the explanation, however, I think I have a good description in my head.

It's pretty self-explantory, I think.
But I'll cover it in more detail next time.

What?! You didn’t take pictures of everyone’s plate after they had already eaten half of it? Don’t they teach you that in TR 101 class?

I know. I've failed miserably.
I won't fault you if you decide to stop reading.

No food pics, no shopping…I think you are failing class for today…

Sorry.

Sounds exciting!!!! Can’t wait.

So you will keep reading, then?

You can do what?
Is that legal? But more importantly,,,,, will I like it? Sounds like there are proselytize and conselytize involved. Ok, I'll shut up now. Nice to meet kyou Sprietsy. By the way, Ponzi can also be found making a fool out of himself over on Thumper Man's trip report on Disneyland,,, so if you like him her, you'll just adore him over by dere.
No, not him, her; him here. Him, is not a Her. He, is not a Her. He, is Him, well, he was till they took his man-card away by saying he bought his daughters "Toesies". This is his word for Sandals, or "Flip Flops"

Um ,,,, what was the question again?

And this, Sprietsy, is Nebo at his most normal.

I have been clicking back and forth, and to be honest,, I wasn't even sure whko's post I was reading, or even which report it was for awhile. But you and Heather made for great reading, no bout a doubt it.

Glad you're enjoying it so far!

Those pics of the seaside resort look just like Portofino Bay at Universal Orlando

Seaside resort? Which pics do you mean?

Boy, wish I coule remember what it was I wanted to comment on,,,,,,,they say the mind is the second thing to go as you grow older,,,,,can't remember the first thing though.

The first thing, what?

I was just going to say something derogatory about what you just did: Had your wife take the picture just because you were goiong about 110 mph!
I mean, C'Mon!

Did I mention she took the pic because I had one hand on the wheel and the other one was out the door, slapping cows as I zoomed by?

Around here, everybody on their way to work has a cig in one hand, the radio on, a cup of McDonnies coffee in the other, with an Egg McMuffin sitting between their legs.

Egg McMuffin between their legs?
I woulda thought Smidgy called it "Little Steven"... but whatever.

You wus.

See? Aren't yu glad I'm back? And no, my attitude adjustment didn't quite work; I need a refitting.

Nope. If there's no insult, there's no fun.
Besides, you couldn't possibly hope to match me in trading insults.

But, Oh boy, from what I['ve seen of your pics,,, WOW, the scenery is incredible,,,,,,, thanks a lot, now Lady Di really wants to go to Germany. ok,,,, c'ya. Hmm, maybe I can get Smidgy and Marita together to go to Germany.

They'd probably like that, actually.

ANd then I can go to someplace with some real culture;

like the go kart tracks at the Dells!

If you go... I will definitely meet you there for a race... or several.

C'ya again.
I promise not to be so annoying until the next time I post.

[/COLOR]

Remember, a promise is a promise.

COLOR="Blue"]Actually, I will have more to say on this subject in the next chapter.

Is it the Bridge of Sighs, is it? :wave2: If it is, I totally have a moment of synchronicity to share with you all.

I knew nothing of such a bridge while I was writing on Friday, when I replied. Nothing.

Heck I don't even know tons about it now - two days later, except that it exists in Venice.

Even if that wasn't what you were getting at, it is a good story. Or I'm a very strange girl, one of the two. :rotfl: Don't choose in your head yet, okay? :lmao:

Okay, here is my work in progress -

EDIT:

I did synopsis on figuring out who is who with everyone and your friendship but then I realized that some of you might not like a six degrees of separation about your friendship out there so I edited. But I'm getting there - I think, trying to connect the dots.

I did synopsis on figuring out who is who with everyone and your friendship but then I realized that some of you might not like a six degrees of separation about your friendship out there so I edited. But I'm getting there - I think, trying to connect the dots.

I was hoping for six degrees of Kevin Bacon. ;) Anyway, put it out there and see what they say. Should be fun!:scratchin

Is it the Bridge of Sighs, is it? :wave2: If it is, I totally have a moment of synchronicity to share with you all.

I knew nothing of such a bridge while I was writing on Friday, when I replied. Nothing.

Heck I don't even know tons about it now - two days later, except that it exists in Venice.

Even if that wasn't what you were getting at, it is a good story. Or I'm a very strange girl, one of the two. :rotfl: Don't choose in your head yet, okay? :lmao:

Actually, while the Bridge of Sighs will be in the next chapter, I was referring to walking in the City.

Oh, you'll see... in a few days.

As for "a very strange girl"...
Nah.... Doesn't everyone hear voices through their dryer vent??

Okay, here is my work in progress -

EDIT:

Hmmm.... well it must've been a very short synopsis if you were cataloging my friends.

pkondz... forever alone.

Oh, that just sounds a little too self-deprecating, doesn't it?

And why does deprecating almost never appear without self?
And yet defecating is normally done by one's self only but you don't see 'self-defecating'.

Oh, poop. Now we're into potty humour again.

I was hoping for six degrees of Kevin Bacon. ;) Anyway, put it out there and see what they say. Should be fun!:scratchin

I was just hoping for bacon... but I a: didn't have time to make any; and even if I did, b: there isn't any in the house; and even if there was, c: I'm at work now.

It was fun but I've lost my early morning bravado. Thank you mmeb144.

Actually, while the Bridge of Sighs will be in the next chapter, I was referring to walking in the City.

]Hmmm.... well it must've been a very short synopsis if you were cataloging my friends.

pkondz... forever alone.]I was just hoping for bacon... but I a: didn't have time to make any; and even if I did, b: there isn't any in the house; and even if there was, c: I'm at work now.

No, it wasn't cataloging. What an awful word. :rotfl2:

It was just my attempt to see if I could place everyone/anyone - keep everyone straight. It was totally brilliant a la Thumper_____ Man's Wife must be Thumper Man's wife. :rotfl2: ;) See, breathtakingly brilliant. :goodvibes And Nebo's name might be Steven. :rotfl:

Okay, Bridge of Sighs.

So I finished up your chapter and noticed that I was sighing all over the place, and commented.

Later I found myself on a train and I was looking out at the lake and it was truly beautiful. I live about a seven minute walk so :confused3 - don't quite know why I was taking it in with such emotion. But I was. I was looking out at the fierce nature of it coming in and thinking "wow it's such an awful day - cold, windy but look at the lake - it translates so very differently - it turns it into beauty".

But hey it's not Venice.

My head goes it's not Venice.

So I pick up a book that I was reading. Settle in and turn to where I left off.

And on that page the author talks about going where one wants to go and can go, your dreams - backyard, your city, this or that place blah blah.

And then she says something to the effect *you know what if you don't really have a place, take mine - Venice*.

Huh?

Seriously?

Eyes widen.

So she starts to describe St. Mark's Square and the feelings of being there. The canals and the gondolas.

Short but goes onto say Bridge of Sighs. Really concentrates on it. And I just stared. Is it really a place or is she referring the effect of Venice's beauty? (I use no technology when I'm on the road ;)) Of course it is, she capitalized it.

And of course, I sighed.

Anyway, it was a lovely moment. With no great meaning other than synchronicity. Which to me, when that happens makes a hard day seem very magical.

oh my gosh what amazing pics ponzie. I am finally getting caught up here I havegot to be a better disser from here on. I cracked up reading Nebo's new years resolution list sounded an awful lot like lance's except for slipping on the ice we have dirt out here in the so cal desert and he hasn't keeled over at Disneyworld or Disneyland (yet) I should be sewing for our school Disney day this week/ I thought I had the perfect shirt picked out but after visiting Thumpermans tr thinking I should come up with something else:)
glad to see/read everyone again. welcome back nebo good to see ya again

No, it wasn't cataloging. What an awful word. :rotfl2:

Oh, sorry.
How 'bout "racial profiling"?
Better?

:rolleyes:

It was just my attempt to see if I could place everyone/anyone - keep everyone straight. It was totally brilliant a la Thumper_____ Man's Wife must be Thumper Man's wife. :rotfl2: ;) See, breathtakingly brilliant. :goodvibes And Nebo's name might be Steven. :rotfl:

I can neither confirm nor deny the veracity of the previous statements.

Okay, Bridge of Sighs...

But hey it's not Venice.

My head goes it's not Venice.

So I pick up a book that I was reading. Settle in and turn to where I left off.

And on that page the author talks about going where one wants to go and can go, your dreams - backyard, your city, this or that place blah blah.

And then she says something to the effect *you know what if you don't really have a place, take mine - Venice*.

Cue Twilight Zone theme
Di di di di, di di di di, di di di di.

So she starts to describe St. Mark's Square and the feelings of being there. The canals and the gondolas.

I wonder how that would feel...

Short but goes onto say Bridge of Sighs. Really concentrates on it. And I just stared. Is it really a place or is she referring the effect of Venice's beauty? (I use no technology when I'm on the road ;)) Of course it is, she capitalized it.

And of course, I sighed.

You may not like the truth, when I'll get to it in a chapter (or two).

Anyway, it was a lovely moment. With no great meaning other than synchronicity. Which to me, when that happens makes a hard day seem very magical.

What can I say? I'm a magical kind of guy.
At least I'm pretty sure the DDs think that.

How else could the recycling that they always leave on the counter mysteriously find its way to the bin?

oh my gosh what amazing pics ponzie.

Thanks Betsey! :goodvibes

I am finally getting caught up here I havegot to be a better disser from here on.

Ummm.... well.... you were a little busy, what with going to Disney and all.

I cracked up reading Nebo's new years resolution list sounded an awful lot like lance's except for slipping on the ice we have dirt out here in the so cal desert and he hasn't keeled over at Disneyworld or Disneyland (yet)

Dirt?
You have dirt?

I haven't seen dirt since early October.

I'm betting you never thought someone would be jealous of you having dirt.

And if you mention grass.... I seriously don't know what would happen.

Ha. Ha. Ha. Of course that's not possible this time of year.
Everyone in North America has snow! Nobody has grass now!

:rotfl:

Grass!!!!

I crack myself up.

I'm cracking up.

Cabin fever.

We've had snow 11 of the last 12 days..........................

I should be sewing for our school Disney day this week/ I thought I had the perfect shirt picked out but after visiting Thumpermans tr thinking I should come up with something else

Oh?
I wonder why?

glad to see/read everyone again. welcome back nebo good to see ya again

And welcome back to you too!
I'm hoping to get over to your TR later today.

Can't wait for the update. Seriously. Is it close? Maybe it's the crappy, extreme weather but this wait just seems endless.

I'll be starting it tonite on my midnight shift.
I'm hoping to get the photos done before then, but... :confused3
Doubtful that it'll be up by tomorrow morning.
I haven't decided whether I'll put out a really big chapter or break it into two.
(probably the latter... just like I broke up our long Paris day.)

We did a lot that first full day in Venice!

I'll be starting it tonite on my midnight shift.
I'm hoping to get the photos done before then, but... :confused3
Doubtful that it'll be up by tomorrow morning.
I haven't decided whether I'll put out a really big chapter or break it into two.
(probably the latter... just like I broke up our long Paris day.)

We did a lot that first full day in Venice!

Yeah! :worship:

Two, two, two - I want two. Okay, I'll calm down. :goodvibes

I'll have to check myself in somewhere when this finishes. :sad2: :stir: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter