Canadian Buffoon's Exhausted Vacation - Update 09/01 - New TR link!

What was your favourite toy
when you were a kid?
I think mine was probably G.I. Joe.
I can rightly remember but I do know that my sister and I played with baby dolls that my Granny had bought us so when I was a small child that would the toy. We did play with my brothers dinky cars as well.
That poor kid's expression!
Her mom seems blissfully unaware
of the therapy bills that are
coming her way.
Oh wow that poor kid. I am sure that she wasn't going on that ride again without protesting.

Our server was Uncle Gary.
And he was a hoot!
He asked us if we knew why
boys and girls were different?

"Um... no?"
(I can think of a couple things,
but this is a family board, you know.)

Gary told us that "Girls' food tastes
better off someone else's plate."
Funny you should say that because it is true. My brother for a joke gift one year gave me an extendable spoon and fork since he says I try and steal his food. Funny man.

The first was the Key Lime Pie on a Stick,
available at Neighborhood Bakery.
I mean... it's Key Lime Pie! On a stick!
What's not to love????
If you really want a nice lime ice cream / sorbet on a stick covered in nice chocolate you should try Chapmans Ice cream bars. They have (in the summer) a sorbet bar called a Turtle Bar which is lime sorbet covered in chocolate. I don't know if it was a one and done treat but I have tried it and it is very limey.
chapmans turtle shell bars.jpg

I really like the Tiger Paw flavour which is orange sherbet 1/2 covered in chocolate. It reminds me of something I ate when I was young. They were called Jets and they were the exact same design.
I made the roughly minute walk and
returned it.
I walked out of the gift-shop and
without breaking stride, sashayed
out and into my waiting bus.
So this bonus money then paid for your Droid -right???? After all your troubles you should use that money for something better than a shirt.

I am still working on my contest answers but they will be sent over soon.

Attachments

• chapmans turtle shell bars.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I'm late to the TR party around here as usual!
But you're here now!
Hi, Kathy!
:welcome: to the TR! :)
Can't believe your WJ story..and the sad fact is they ARE usually the more pleasant of the options available to us Canadians...sigh....
Usually... looking at this as
more of an aberration.
I'll still pick them over ACA.
Also can't believe the response to your complaint...clearly didn't even read it the first time...that would actually be a funny comedy sketch...but I digress...
Hmmm...

"Dear WestJet.
I am writing to tell you of my extreme displeasure of having been placed in a situation where it was not possible to make a connection. While the flight itself was fine, the attendants were first rate (they even offered extra snacks, but I declined), and the entertainment enjoyable, I am not happy."
"Dear pkondz.
We're sorry to hear you didn't like the food. Bring your own next time."

"Dear WestJet.
I am not complaining about the food. Nor am I complaining about the attendants or the entertainment. I'm angry about missing my connection. The time between flights is too short and far from realistic."
"Dear pkondz.
We're sorry to hear you didn't like the entertainment. Download some Netflix. Or, have you heard of Disney+? Give it a try!"

"Dear WestJet.
Okay, look. I don't care about the food. I don't care about the entertainment. They were fine! The attendants were great! It's the connection! The connection, I tell you!!"
"Dear pkondz.
We're sorry you didn't connect with a flight attendant. However, they are not there for dating but provide an essential service on our aircraft. Might I suggest Tinder. Simply swipe left of right! Simple as can be."

"Dear WestJet.
Nevermind! Everything was great! Just forget it!"
"Dear pkondz.
We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your flight and thank you for flying WestJet."

<meanwhile in the WestJet customer service office... high fives are being exchanged.>

Always fun to read your TR's!
Thanks! Kathy! :)

I can rightly remember but I do know that my sister and I played with baby dolls that my Granny had bought us so when I was a small child that would the toy.
"Dolls" works. :)
We did play with my brothers dinky cars as well.
Oh, wow. I haven't heard that
term in a long time.
But I do remember it!
Oh wow that poor kid. I am sure that she wasn't going on that ride again without protesting.
Probably had to peel her hands
off the bars.

Funny you should say that because it is true. My brother for a joke gift one year gave me an extendable spoon and fork since he says I try and steal his food. Funny man.
:laughing:
I like your brother already.
If you really want a nice lime ice cream / sorbet on a stick covered in nice chocolate you should try Chapmans Ice cream bars. They have (in the summer) a sorbet bar called a Turtle Bar which is lime sorbet covered in chocolate. I don't know if it was a one and done treat but I have tried it and it is very limey.

I really like the Tiger Paw flavour which is orange sherbet 1/2 covered in chocolate. It reminds me of something I ate when I was young. They were called Jets and they were the exact same design.
Oh really! I'll have to look
for that next time I'm at Sobey's.

So this bonus money then paid for your Droid -right???? After all your troubles you should use that money for something better than a shirt.
I guess it did. :)
Still...

No. You're right.

I got a free droid!!!
I am still working on my contest answers but they will be sent over soon.
Got 'em! :)

So I took a spin on Alien Swirling Saucers.
Will I ride it again?
Nope. Probably not.
Yeah..... same here. I rode the first time I visited TSL-cute theming but really no reason for me to ride again. Ever.
That poor kid's expression
This is hysterical! She's my kind of mom lol
On the way, a young lady (teen?)
walked by in the opposite direction.
I didn't want to say anything, but...
at first it looked like she wasn't wearing
any pants and I was wondering just
how strong that drink had been.
:poop:
I've seen "things" like this in Disney. My boys like to,point them out :laughing:
You can only make one FP now at DHS.
Well... okay. You can make three... but
only one good one.
::yes:::rolleyes::sad2:

And I will tell you that one good one I make is pretty much always TOT because it IS the best ride in Disney! Excellent pictures BTW. I think your idea was great; I'm always rushing through the queue either because of FP or (on a good day) a short line and I'd love time to just look around.

No. I took her to Vegas.
I will not tell you what
happened there.
Not sure if I told you, but I lived in Vegas for 4 years. I was stationed at Nellis AFB. Hated it. 110 degrees in the shade and no shade. And the other thing (well one of many)...only two seasons. There was no fall or spring. It would be summer one day (blistering hot) and then winter. No transition, just like flipping a switch.

I'll send you one!
You pay for shipping...
COOL!!! Deal! Yes, shipping could be pricey, but not nearly as much as the car.

Do you have any idea...
I do....NOW.

Not before.

So disappointed. Still am.
Still want one.
:sad1:
:hug:

I had a set up (on a couple sheets
of plywood), but... I had the track
laid out and the switches all
working, but... I never had the time
to do much more than that.
So... it got packed up... and eventually
given away.

(This is 30 years ago, roughly.)
I did as well, before I went into the AF. I had carefully disassembled everything and packed it away. I have a lot of newer stuff I bought over the years, but still have some of the original pieces I had from the 70s.

So... not quite a major fan?
You could say that.

Huh.
I thought they might have a list
of approved words.
Or... how about AS2 followed by "H"?

As in... a misspelled Asshton Kutcher.
I think they simply have a filter that looks for the word followed (or delimited) by space. So, if that's correct, then it's even possible ass_ would work. On the other hand, it might be simply those three letters followed by any non-alphabetic character. So, ass8 would not work, but assp (snake with a lisp) would work.

Impressive skilz!
I get that a lot, but usually in reference to skilz most people don't like. :laughing:

Good. I now have a reason
to ride this with you.
::yes:: Would enjoy that. Would enjoy riding BLY as well...I would help you. Helped DW get galactic hero the other night. Her first time ever and she was pleased as punch because she got it before I did.

Put a tuque on it!
I have one of those. A beautiful, nice girl made it for me.

That's why I said to Google.
I had to!
As you know, I didn't. But....will you have to to find out the fastest ride in Disney World? It's not RNRC.

In addition to the VIP bus pass,
I also have the VIP Oga pass.
I was unaware such a thing existed...oh wait, yes, it's called an ADR. Since I've been there already, not sure I'll require one. It's similar to me as most of SWGE is...I've seen it and it's really well done and themed, but there's not much there to draw me back multiple times. Or maybe more concisely, nothing there is so great I say I can't wait to come back. We'll see when the new ride is finished.

She said she liked them
and the fact that they come
in a glass with a little built in

shelf to keep them separated
from the bottom bubbly area.
Interesting. I'm not sure such a type of glass existed, but maybe I'll have to give this a shot,.

It wore off after 2-3 days...
Exthuthe me mither thtorm trooper. I'm like jar jar when he got hith tongue thtuck. Can you tell me which way to firth order headquarterth?

Bit of a "Whaaa????" moment, no?
::yes:: I've seen some ridiculous outfits there, but I was exactly like "Whaaa???"

Actually... only some.
Some I don't care for at all.
I recall you like the ones when you and @Pluto0809 ganged up on me.

I do, but...
I think I was hitting the wall.
What did the wall do to you?

Actually, completely makes sense. Took you a lot longer than it would've me of course I doubt I would have been able to get up that early to begin with.

No, but that has happened to me.
If I were in the queue and saw someone with a camera and tripod, I would surmise they were on assignment somehow. Since people rarely let others go first vs. trying to do a "my daughter" trick, it would seem more likely the person was working vs. riding.

Oh! Okay!
So we do have those up here.
Right behind the snowblowers.
Glad we don't have THOSE here.

Her last name was Bobbitt,
if that means anything...
:eek:

She approves.
Now I can put groceries
away without swearing.
Didn't realize the swearing had to do with new body and legs (or lack thereof).

Nope. For that amount of money,
he can schedule his own baths!
Mean droid owner. :sad1:

You know... I'm not even really sure
if I got the credit at all.
I never did look for it.

But, no. I just returned it.
Dang. I was thinking you could have found one you liked or something else instead. Considering how much money Disney takes, any time I can get something free from them, I'm all over it.

Yeah..... same here. I rode the first time I visited TSL-cute theming but really no reason for me to ride again. Ever.
Definitely for the little kids.
Except they're too short to ride. :rolleyes:

This is hysterical! She's my kind of mom lol
I'm learning so much about you!
I've seen "things" like this in Disney. My boys like to,point them out :laughing:
I bet! :laughing:
And I will tell you that one good one I make is pretty much always TOT because it IS the best ride in Disney!
::yes::
In my top 5, for sure.
Excellent pictures BTW. I think your idea was great; I'm always rushing through the queue either because of FP or (on a good day) a short line and I'd love time to just look around.
Thanks!
And that's just why I did it. :)

Not sure if I told you, but I lived in Vegas for 4 years. I was stationed at Nellis AFB. Hated it. 110 degrees in the shade and no shade.
::yes:: That's when we were talking
about the heat and sweating.

And the other thing (well one of many)...only two seasons. There was no fall or spring. It would be summer one day (blistering hot) and then winter. No transition, just like flipping a switch.
Really? Huh. Had no idea.
COOL!!! Deal! Yes, shipping could be pricey, but not nearly as much as the car.
Okay! I'll go to the toy store
and get one and ship it.
That should only be about $50.
I did as well, before I went into the AF. I had carefully disassembled everything and packed it away. I have a lot of newer stuff I bought over the years, but still have some of the original pieces I had from the 70s.
Hmm... I wonder if those 70s pieces
(if in good condition still) would be
worth some money?
I think they simply have a filter that looks for the word followed (or delimited) by space. So, if that's correct, then it's even possible ass_ would work. On the other hand, it might be simply those three letters followed by any non-alphabetic character. So, ass8 would not work, but assp (snake with a lisp) would work.
Well, that settles that!
Okay, I rode ASS_

Um... that sounds bad.

I'll go back to AS2.
I get that a lot, but usually in reference to skilz most people don't like. :laughing:
::yes:: Would enjoy that. Would enjoy riding BLY as well...I would help you. Helped DW get galactic hero the other night. Her first time ever and she was pleased as punch because she got it before I did.
Good for her! :laughing:
I have one of those. A beautiful, nice girl made it for me.
;)
As you know, I didn't. But....will you have to to find out the fastest ride in Disney World? It's not RNRC.
I didn't have to, but...
I did anyways, to confirm it.
And... I actually doubt it does
go that fast.
When they post the "radar" speed,
I'm thinking it's just a number they

put up, not your actual speed.
I was unaware such a thing existed...oh wait, yes, it's called an ADR. Since I've been there already, not sure I'll require one. It's similar to me as most of SWGE is...I've seen it and it's really well done and themed, but there's not much there to draw me back multiple times. Or maybe more concisely, nothing there is so great I say I can't wait to come back. We'll see when the new ride is finished.
That new ride could be
a game changer.

Could be a dud.
Exthuthe me mither thtorm trooper. I'm like jar jar when he got hith tongue thtuck. Can you tell me which way to firth order headquarterth?
"Han shot first."

I would too, in this case.
::yes:: I've seen some ridiculous outfits there, but I was exactly like "Whaaa???"
So a few people have seen those...
I recall you like the ones when you and @Pluto0809 ganged up on me.
What did the wall do to you?
Stood up to me.
If I were in the queue and saw someone with a camera and tripod, I would surmise they were on assignment somehow. Since people rarely let others go first vs. trying to do a "my daughter" trick, it would seem more likely the person was working vs. riding.
Hmm... Even if dressed like a tourist?
Mean droid owner. :sad1:
::yes:: That's me.
Dang. I was thinking you could have found one you liked or something else instead. Considering how much money Disney takes, any time I can get something free from them, I'm all over it.
Well, as was pointed out,
I kinda got my droid for free. :)

Well, as was pointed out,
I kinda got my droid for free. :)
Ummm...$3,857,621 is free? and an additional $4,649.99?

I realize the exchange rate for CDN to USD isn't the greatest, but free? Send me a check for "free" made payable to "I'm gonna retire now".

I'll buy my own car now...no need to ship me one.

when you were a kid?
I LOVED Care Bears and Barbie dolls as a kid! The extra bedroom at my parents' house is still overrun with my Care Bears :)

Why can I write assured
but not AS2's real acronym?
At least I as2ume I can?
Or did y'all just see stars?)
Looks like you ASSembled all the best ways to test it out! But I saw them all. No stars!

:laughing: That poor kid's expression!
coming her way.
This picture is amazing!! But really, I feel bad for that Poor kid!

Soon (actually a bit too soon
since we were still snacking on
the appetizers) our mains arrived.
I feel like that happens every time I eat there! But it is surely one of our favorites.

I love this picture!! Definitely worth the time you spent popping in and out of line to take it. They were all terrific, but I really love this one! :rotfl2:

missjackiemcg: d: 0, b: 0, b: 10, c: 0,
Hey, I'm nothing if not consistent!!

so who won holochess?
Hi Kari!
*No. Kari didn't eat all the onion rings.
We shared and had a great time.
Sure, just blame it on Kari.
Actually I would eat them all. Proudly.
Then I'd promptly order you another round or onion rings.
Then eat half of those.
I ordered the onion rings,
because 50s' onion rings are among
the best I've ever had.
True!!
After lunch, and a quick hug,
we parted ways.
I always like seeing Kari,
however briefly, she's just
one of those people that are
so likeable.
Yes, she's a sweetheart.
Totally opposite from me.
I concur.
TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!
Just say the word Disney and this is my response.
And of course, considering the $3,857,621
I spent wasn't enough, I forked over another
$4,649.99 for a chip that lets it beep more.
I'm all about that beep.
That's cheap!
And if it doesn't beep what's the point?
I walked out of the Droid Depot poorer,
but dumber. So there's that.
But you were a happy poor dummy right? That's all that matters.
By this time, my energy stores were
starting to wane and I'd seen and done
everything I'd wanted to do at DHS.
I headed out to the bus stop and...
there wasn't a bus waiting for me.
Um, you had like 3 snacks full of sugar!
Flying solo sometimes reveals
things not before imagined.
Is it just me, or does it look
like I'll be having a space DISmeet
with @MeghanEmily in the future??
Haha yes!
IMG_2839_zpsavydpl7q.jpg

It may not look like much,
but this dip was packed with
flavour and nice chunks of
shrimp and scallops.
Deeelish!
This is one of my faves! Had it last week!

Okay, okay... you're never too big
or too old to play with toys.

The toys just get more expensive.

Truth.

when you were a kid?
I think mine was probably G.I. Joe.

Me too! My brothers and I set up a whole battle scene on my dad's model train table.

There are two major rides in TSL,
SDD and TSMM.
So of course I rode neither.

Remind me not to entrust you with any major decisions.

So I took a spin on Alien Swirling Saucers.
(Or AS2, or Alien SS, or LGM, or whatever
acronym you use so you don't
spell "donkey" and offend... no one.)

I find saying "Alien Swirling Saucers" in place of just saying the other word is a lot more fun.

I felt so bad for the little girl being measured. She fell just short and cried and cried.

:rotfl:

What can I say about AS2?
I walked onto it without a wait.
So that's a positive.
I had fun. Also a positive.
(Not a lot of fun, but I was
smiling, so it counts.)
Will I ride it again?

Nope. Probably not.

It was fun to ride with a 4-year-old boy. He had a great time. Not worth a long wait, though.

(Why can I write assured
but not AS2's real acronym?
At least I as2ume I can?
Or did y'all just see stars?)

Not since that anvil fell on my head.

Twenty-minute wait for SDD.
Not bad at all.

That's pretty fantastic!

And I definitely didn't want
to be by myself.
I mean... if you can't do this:

ha%20ha_zpsjo2v3j3n.gif

What's the point?

Well, that's a good point.

I exited TSL and somehow...
Grew back to my normal size.
Actually, I think Disney added
a few pounds.
I'm sure that was it.
Not my general debauchery
or complete lack of exercise.

Amazing how their machines can simulate the effect of all those Dole Whips.

:laughing: That poor kid's expression!
coming her way.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

A roving Stormtrooper patrol
stopped in front of a woman
who was so intent on what was
on her phone that she didn't
even see them approach until...
"What are you doing with that data-pad?"
One Stormtrooper intoned.
The woman looked up in surprise.
The Stormtrooper pointed at her
and said. "You've just gone from
curious to suspicious."
And walked away.

Love it. These are the things that make Disney, Disney.

We both liked our drinks, except the lip-numbing
foam on the Tauntaun was a bit disconcerting!

I think that would really bother me!

I didn't want to say anything, but...
at first it looked like she wasn't wearing
any pants and I was wondering just
how strong that drink had been.

:scared1:

Gary told us that "Girls' food tastes
better off someone else's plate."

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Funny because it's true.

I guess he assumed we were a couple.
While I was extremely flattered,
I'm sure Kari was mortified.

As well she should have been.

I ordered the onion rings,
because 50s' onion rings are among
the best I've ever had.

This is the correct choice.

I (of course!) ordered Aunt Liz's
Fried Chicken, because it's amazing.

Also the correct choice.

so likeable.

Totally opposite from me.

Well, you're the kind of guy who gives people pickle-flavored potato chips.

You can only make one FP now at DHS.
Well... okay. You can make three... but
only one good one.

The truth hurts!

So what can a guy do?

You can skip the ride. That's what
you can do.

Hey, that's exactly what I do!

You may be shaking your collective
heads at me for not riding what is
arguably one of the best rides
in Disney (depending on who's
doing the arguing.)

It can be one of the best rides/experiences at Disney and also one I am not interested in repeating at the same time.

Gawd, I love that theming...

::yes:: It looks amazing in black and white. Great photos!

That was kinda the theme for this
whole trip.
I'd been fairly recently and felt
zero need to RIDE ALL THE RIDES!!!!

I often wonder if I would feel that way too, if I had an AP and visited more than once every few years.

Indeed, I was quite happy to ride
none of the rides.

Ok, now we're beyond "outside the box" and have left the Circle of Sanity. Come back, pkondz! Come back!

Speaking of new things...
It was time to go spend silly amounts
of money on a souvenir that I normally
would have zero interest in.
I was off to build my very own droid.
And for the money they were asking
to do it, I could only assume that
this thing would fetch my slippers
and make me a Margarita too.
(FYI: It doesn't.)

For those prices, it should! So why did you build it if you normally would have zero interest in it? Because it was Star Wars?

I'm pretty sure if Disney announced
that they were going to introduce
a new experience, like...

"Coming in 2020... stick your hand
into a real Star Wars blast oven!
1st degree burns - $50
2nd degree burns - $100
3rd degree burns - $300
(With new and improved
permanent scarring!!!)
Feel the heat like a real Jedi!"

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

:rotfl2: "These are authentic scars, just like Kylo Ren!"

Gah! That guy has NO HEAD!!!! He must have stopped in there to build a replacement.

And of course, considering the $3,857,621
I spent wasn't enough, I forked over another
$4,649.99 for a chip that lets it beep more.
I'm all about that beep.

How could you not spend that?

I walked out of the Droid Depot poorer,
but dumber. So there's that.

As if that was even possible.

I mean... it's Key Lime Pie! On a stick!
What's not to love????

Sounds promising!

Don't let the blue colouring throw you.
If you look at it and your stomach turns...

Well, yes. Key Lime Pie should not have any "blue".

I don't mind white chocolate.
It's fine as a decorative feature
on a real chocolate treat.
But this thing was mostly
white chocolate with a bit of
Key Lime pie thrown in.
The white chocolate taste
was overwhelming.
I think it would've been okay
if they'd maybe not put it
in white chocolate... and maybe
thrown out the stick, too.
Which would make it... pie.

Blech.

Not a white chocolate fan. Sometimes simple is best, and key lime pie really doesn't need anything added to improve it.

mmmmmm…. sounds amazing, right?
Except... I got a bowl of this mess:

Sigh.

What. In. The. Heck.

I stamped my foot in frustration
and snapped my fingers and one
appeared two minutes later.
Two minutes! Can you believe it?
I mean... really!
Disney's starting to slip.
I shouldn't be kept waiting like this!
Inexcusable. :snooty:

I'd heard stories of their customer service slipping, and this just proves it!

I did think that maybe a nice
relaxing bath might be the
thing to recharge my batteries...
So I did.
And it's probably a reflection
of just how tired I was,
that I passed out not once,
but twice, while in there.

Well, as long as you kept your head above water.

I walked out of the gift-shop and
without breaking stride, sashayed
out and into my waiting bus.
It was waiting with the door open
and no one in line.
I presume they were making up
for their earlier miscue with the
atrocious two-minute wait.

That's more like it!

I arrived at Epcot sans-bag.
When you don't have a bag,
the usual long lines cease to exist.

That's the secret. The Dad Cargo Shorts help in this regard.

As I walked past SE, a man with
wife/girlfriend in tow was having
a heated argument with someone
on his phone.

I said I'm not interested in aluminum siding!

I zipped over to MS and
decided to try the new
green Earth orbit mission.
What the heck?
I got picked for Engineer... again????
What is it with me and Engineering today??

Just trying to help you see what a gift they are to the rest of society.

Not bad for a trip around the planet.
Except...
Okay... this is a pet peeve.
I'd never done this version before.
And... I was very bothered by the
use of the impossible trajectory.
The craft is supposed to orbit,
but it makes a 90 degree turn....
Sorry. Ballistics says that's not
possible.
Not at that speed.

Hmmm. So much for the realism of the ride.

I'm not sure why they couldn't just
do a normal orbit.
I'm disappointed, Disney.

And here I was just disappointed that I signed up for Mission: Space and didn't get to see, you know, space.

I followed that up with
Earth Eats' Impossible Burger.

So does that really taste like a real burger?

I headed out and paused
only long enough to take a
quick snap of one of my favourite
Epcot nighttime sights...

I do quite like that part.

At a leisurely pace, from
door to pour...

Sixty-two seconds.

There is value in putting
in a room request.

Not too shabby at all.

Can't believe I missed that one.

I LOVED Care Bears and Barbie dolls as a kid! The extra bedroom at my parents' house is still overrun with my Care Bears :)
:scared1:
Just how many Care Bears are there?????????
Looks like you ASSembled all the best ways to test it out! But I saw them all. No stars!
And @docsoliday1 tested it further. :)
This picture is amazing!! But really, I feel bad for that Poor kid!
I know!
One and done, perhaps?
I feel like that happens every time I eat there! But it is surely one of our favorites.
Can't stay away...
I wonder if I should ask them
to wait until the appies are done

before bringing out the mains?
I love this picture!! Definitely worth the time you spent popping in and out of line to take it. They were all terrific, but I really love this one! :rotfl2:
:goodvibes Thanks!
Hey, I'm nothing if not consistent!!

so who won holochess?
It was a draw.
Can't you tell???

Sure, just blame it on Kari.
Actually I would eat them all. Proudly.
Then I'd promptly order you another round or onion rings.
Then eat half of those.

Okay... deal!
Right??? Sooo good!
Yes, she's a sweetheart.
I concur.
I figured you would.
Just say the word Disney and this is my response.
:laughing: I KNEW IT!!!
That's cheap!
And if it doesn't beep what's the point?
It did beep.
Now it beeps like a rebel...

But you were a happy poor dummy right? That's all that matters.
Well... yes.
Um, you had like 3 snacks full of sugar!
Which should illustrate just
how tired I really was.

Haha yes!
So glad others think so too!
This is one of my faves! Had it last week!
Sooo yummy!

Since I made an appearance in this trip report, I figured I better pop in, sort out the fact from the fantasy :scratchin

while Kari tried the Carbon Freeze.
(Powerade® Lemon Lime and Wild Strawberry
with Blueberry and Green Apple Popping Pearls)

We both liked our drinks, except the lip-numbing
foam on the Tauntaun was a bit disconcerting!

Of the drinks I tried over the course of the trip (all non-alcoholic), this was my favorite. I did eat every single apple popping pearl.

And yes, that numbing foam was a very weird sensation

Safety note... wearing flesh-coloured
tights may result in whiplash... in others.

So true!! It stopped me mid-sentence...my brain was trying to reconcile the highly unlikely scenario of a half naked person walking towards me in Galaxy's Edge with the shocking visual in front of me.

Kari's not even close to being
a Beast.
She can be Beauty, too.

I cannot be held responsible for those rough west wing kind of days...:crutches:

I guess he assumed we were a couple.
While I was extremely flattered,
I'm sure Kari was mortified.

I made it up to her though, by letting
her eat food off my plate.

No time for mortification when delicious food is on the line...no matter whose plate it is on. In fact, the table over was lucky their plates were just out of my reach.

It might be the Fried Herb
and Garlic Cheese.

Yes! Love this stuff...

Kari tried some of my rings
and I think she agreed with me.

They were delicious and yes...

Kari had the pot roast
(which she graciously allowed me
a small taste, since she had eaten
almost all my onion rings*) and
it was quite good!

I did eat of most of them...:rolleyes1

so likeable.

That's very sweet...always a pleasant time getting into mischief with you too 🤗
(I hope customs didn't hassle you too much carrying all that extra cash home--got to maintain my image)

Me too! My brothers and I set up a whole battle scene on my dad's model train table.
Awesome.
What was your favourite outfit?
I had a SCUBA outfit that was so cool.

Real rubber wetsuit!
Remind me not to entrust you with any major decisions.
Do not entrust me with any major decisions.
Private decisions are fine.
Captain decisions, sure.
Colonel decisions, absolutely.

But major? No way.
I find saying "Alien Swirling Saucers" in place of just saying the other word is a lot more fun.
Now try it with a lithp.
It was fun to ride with a 4-year-old boy. He had a great time. Not worth a long wait, though.
Just what I was telling Jenny, earlier.
Fun for the littles.

Not since that anvil fell on my head.
coyote.gif
That's pretty fantastic!
Not bad, right???
Amazing how their machines can simulate the effect of all those Dole Whips.
Yeah. Simulated. That's it.
Love it. These are the things that make Disney, Disney.
I really got a kick out of that. :)
I think that would really bother me!
Actually kinda liked it.
It was different and kinda fun.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Funny because it's true.

:duck:
As well she should have been.
Yep. I'm a jerk. This is known.
This is the correct choice.
Also the correct choice.
Of course they are.
I may be a fool, but I know
tasty food when I eat it!
Well, you're the kind of guy who gives people pickle-flavored potato chips.
See? Total jerk.
The truth hurts!
Oh, it hurts all right.
Really? One FP???

Hey, that's exactly what I do!
:rolleyes:
It can be one of the best rides/experiences at Disney and also one I am not interested in repeating at the same time.
But the theming is top notch. ::yes::
::yes:: It looks amazing in black and white. Great photos!
Thanks! :)
I often wonder if I would feel that way too, if I had an AP and visited more than once every few years.
I'd just visited a few months earlier.
Rode all the rides.
This time... it was...
"I'm gonna relax... and not stand

in line for anything."
Ok, now we're beyond "outside the box" and have left the Circle of Sanity. Come back, pkondz! Come back!
Wha??? What happened?
For those prices, it should! So why did you build it if you normally would have zero interest in it? Because it was Star Wars?
It was for the building experience.
Wanted to see what it was.
Try new things, right?
It wouldn't have mattered if it was
Star Wars, Star Trek or A Star is Born.

Okay. Not that last one.
:rotfl2: "These are authentic scars, just like Kylo Ren!"
Perfect! Sign me up!
Gah! That guy has NO HEAD!!!! He must have stopped in there to build a replacement.
Good grief no!
Then he'd be out of a job as the
first part of MNSSHP's parade!
How could you not spend that?
Right? Practically a steal!
As if that was even possible.
Nope. On a dumbness scale
of 1-10, I'm a potato.

Well, yes. Key Lime Pie should not have any "blue".
Correct.
I hoped, but... No.

Not a white chocolate fan. Sometimes simple is best, and key lime pie really doesn't need anything added to improve it.
Also correct.
Why mess with perfection?
"Perhaps if we add some tomato

sauce to the Key Lime Pie?"
I'd heard stories of their customer service slipping, and this just proves it!
Two minutes!!!!!!
Well, as long as you kept your head above water.
Like I've ever done that!
That's the secret. The Dad Cargo Shorts help in this regard.
I was carrying more on me than
most people can carry in bag...
But that's okay!
I said I'm not interested in aluminum siding!
Believe it or not, that's what I had
thought about too!

Just trying to help you see what a gift they are to the rest of society.
You spelled "scourge" wrong.
But I shouldn't be surprised.

Hmmm. So much for the realism of the ride.
And that's just it.
I thought to myself:
"Earth orbit! Cool! So much
more realistic than a flight
to Mars with curiously unplotted
asteroids, questionably long sleep
and faulty landing procedures..."

And then... that 90 degree turn...
And here I was just disappointed that I signed up for Mission: Space and didn't get to see, you know, space.
See above.
I was much more pumped at a
possible "reality" based experience...
So does that really taste like a real burger?
hmmm.... kinda.
I mean it does in the sense of the
condiments and the bun, etc.
It tastes good as a food item.
But taste like a burger... the "meat"?

No. Not really.
Not too shabby at all.
It literally is the closest room
to the main hall.

Can't believe I missed that one.
Neither could I! :laughing:

Since I made an appearance in this trip report, I figured I better pop in,
Kari! You're here! Hi!
:welcome: to the TR!

sort out the fact from the fantasy :scratchin
No idea what you're talking about.
Everything I said is absolute Gospel.

Of the drinks I tried over the course of the trip (all non-alcoholic), this was my favorite. I did eat every single apple popping pearl.
I thought you liked it. :)

And yes, that numbing foam was a very weird sensation
Because...
Girls' drinks tastes better
out of someone else's glass.
So true!! It stopped me mid-sentence...my brain was trying to reconcile the highly unlikely scenario of a half naked person walking towards me in Galaxy's Edge with the shocking visual in front of me.
Okay... I was struggling with what
to say/do....
"So... pkondz... just why were you staring

at that girl, exactly? Hmmm????"

:blush:
I cannot be held responsible for those rough west wing kind of days...:crutches:
No time for mortification when delicious food is on the line...no matter whose plate it is on. In fact, the table over was lucky their plates were just out of my reach.
:lmao:
I noticed you casting yearning
glances over there a few times.

Yes! Love this stuff...
Confirmed!
They were delicious and yes...
I did eat of most of them...:rolleyes1
Did you? I really don't know.
I know I had enough. :)

That's very sweet...always a pleasant time getting into mischief with you too 🤗
So nice seeing you again. :)
(I hope customs didn't hassle you too much carrying all that extra cash home--got to maintain my image)
That comes later...
But it is nice that they give
you computer time from pris… uhh…

You don't even know what I've been through with this installment. I initially missed the first part and by the time I wet back and read it, all the quotes were out of order so I decided to go back and read it properly so I went back quoted again but then my computer crashed. Now I'm on a wonky version of my Mac thanks to my Time Machine that was backed up in April 2016. Let's see if this works!

The toys just get more expensive.

car_zpsttr1tuh0.jpg

All those crazy hours you work are really paying off! :P

when you were a kid?

Barbie, of course. Specifically Barbie's Airplane. I remember being so happy to get that :love:

By 8:37am (yes, I checked...)
I got in line at SDD.

DSC08025_zpseyhxdpev.jpg

DSC07966b_zpsccrxxygh.jpg

While I waited, I texted Kari
a few more times, and by
8:57am (Yes. I checked the
time again. Stop asking!)

I always know the time from the time stamp on my pictures. I think it's helpful as a memory jogger and some people like specifics. Were people complaining?

Also, SDD :worship::love:

As I passed One Man's Dream,
(I really should've popped in, actually)

Yes, you should have.

That poor kid's expression!
coming her way.

:rotfl:

This is hilarious! That poor girl!

A roving Stormtrooper patrol
stopped in front of a woman
who was so intent on what was
on her phone that she didn't
even see them approach until...
"What are you doing with that data-pad?"
One Stormtrooper intoned.
The woman looked up in surprise.
The Stormtrooper pointed at her
and said. "You've just gone from
curious to suspicious."
And walked away.

I've not been to SWGE or seen these guys, but it sounds kind of fun. I've seen where some people don't enjoy them but t doesn't sound like they stand there for an hour carrying on a conversation.

I took a shot of Beauty & the Beast,
since we were in Disney.

IMG_2810_zpsechrufme.jpg

Aw, very nice picture :goodvibes

Kari had the pot roast
(which she graciously allowed me
a small taste, since she had eaten
almost all my onion rings*) and
it was quite good!

*No. Kari didn't eat all the onion rings.
We shared and had a great time.

IMG_2812_zpspqp8wyhl.jpg

I (of course!) ordered Aunt Liz's
Fried Chicken, because it's amazing.
I let Kari have a bite and she agreed
it was good, too.

IMG_2813_zpsmc8qpv7x.jpg

I've never eaten here but that looks pretty good. Maybe I'll make an ADR for the family in July. Nicholas could eat fried chicken all day ::yes::

You can skip the ride. That's what
you can do.

since I took the time to
shoot it, you're gonna look at em'!
Whether you want to or not!
(Unless you scroll... I can't stop that...)

They are amazing and gorgeous photos :worship:

That was kinda the theme for this
whole trip.
I'd been fairly recently and felt
zero need to RIDE ALL THE RIDES!!!!
Indeed, I was quite happy to ride
none of the rides.
Of course I did ride here and there,
but... it wasn't the purpose of the trip.
Taking it all in, and doing new things, was.

That sounds perfect. Think back and compare that to your first trip. I kind of love what these trips have tuned into the more I go.

Speaking of new things...
It was time to go spend silly amounts
of money on a souvenir that I normally
would have zero interest in.
I was off to build my very own droid.
And for the money they were asking
to do it, I could only assume that
this thing would fetch my slippers
and make me a Margarita too.
(FYI: It doesn't.)

My DS would love to do this but I already told him he's going to pay for it if he really wants to. Now he's rethinking it, but if I was shelling out the dough they think nothing of it :sad2:

Anaheim Produce's Frozen Lemonade.
It was... just okay.
I'd had it last trip and loved it.
But... I think my taste buds were
so overwhelmed with white chocolate
and sickeningly sweet apple crisp...
That I really should have just ordered
a water, and even that might've tasted
sweet.

Sounds like a really bad run of snacks, and yet, they all seemed so promising :sad1:

I presume they were making up
for their earlier miscue with the
atrocious two-minute wait.

Ha! They'd better! I'm sure they remembered who they were dealing with!

Not long afterwards, I put him out
of my mind as I ordered a Blended Burger
from Flavors From Fire.

IMG_2825_zpsyioaiq26.jpg
Active Eat's Loaded Mac n Cheese.

IMG_2826_zpskc4jurco.jpg

Wow! A bit on the spicy side,

Two of my favorite things from last year 😋

Spaceship Earth!
Might be my last chance
to thank the Phoenicians.

ANother reason I'm so happy I planned this last minute December trip!

Flying solo sometimes reveals
things not before imagined.
Is it just me, or does it look
like I'll be having a space DISmeet
with @MeghanEmily in the future??

It does!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter