Canadian Buffoon's Semi-EPIC Vacation - 10/29 - Link to new TR!

What a lovely Dismeet day you had! And equally lovely of Elle to spend the time meeting some Dis-folks during her vacation.

But Elle and I had had our hearts
set on Dole Whip floats for months.

Naturally.

We got there five minutes late,
but didn't have any problems.

Awesome! I think this is pretty typical. I want to say you get a 5-minute grace period before your window, and 10-minute after? But don't quote me on those exact numbers.

Like any good DISer, I had done
a bit of research on how to
maximize points.
And like any good father,
I made sure to not tell Elle

what to aim for.

:rotfl: Good strategy. I do the same thing with Nathan. Though as of late I've been giving him some tips here and there. I totally get you about the actual aiming of the gun. I don't know why this is so tricky!

But it was windy so the vendor
said she couldn't hold them.
I was a bit surprised, since the
vendor doesn't let go of them
anyways

Hmmm. Interesting. :confused3 Maybe it's more out of concern for the guest's safety than it is for the loss of the balloons? A gust of wind taking the balloons could catch someone by surprise or something and have them knocked over and suing Disney for their injuries?

IMG_1890_zpsjlpf6exk.jpg

It made for an adorably awkward shot.

:rotfl: Love it! Adorably awkward, indeed.

IMG_1902_zpsupqykvb9.jpg

And I guess that's supposed
to be a hidden Mickey, but...
It just looks... vaguely terrifying.

AAAHHHRRRRGGGH! It's hideous!!!

Yep. Terrifying for sure.

If you haven't done the magic mirror
or seen The Wardrobe or Lumiere...
You're missing out.
It's 100% geared to kids, but
the effects are very well done.

Agreed!! I remember talking to a cast member once about how Lumiere, especially, was so lifelike and impressive that sometimes when they were getting the show ready before park open they'd be having entire conversations with Lumiere forgetting that he wasn't actually real. (Of course then this also shattered the magic for me a bit, since I, naturally, believed him to absolutely be real.)

Not quite sure if you're joking.
I actually would drive 22.5 hours straight.
I wouldn't necessarily love that, but...
The most I think I've done in a day

is about 15 hours or so?
Yes I was joking...sorry, should have put smiley.

Not quite sure if you're joking.
I actually would drive 22.5 hours straight.
I wouldn't necessarily love that, but...
The most I think I've done in a day

is about 15 hours or so?

I dunno about that.
@docsoliday1 want to chime in?
Definitely not impossible.
I've gotten double galactic hero 11 times. Only three of those did the ride stop. One of them in a spot where there was nothing to shoot, so in my reckoning, only two times.

What a lovely Dismeet day you had!
It ain't over yet! :)
And equally lovely of Elle to spend the time meeting some Dis-folks during her vacation.
I promised to keep it to
short meets and I mostly
managed to do that. :)
Naturally.
How could it be otherwise???
Awesome! I think this is pretty typical. I want to say you get a 5-minute grace period before your window, and 10-minute after? But don't quote me on those exact numbers.
I've heard 5 before
and 15 after.
I don't want to put

it to the test, thanks.
:rotfl: Good strategy. I do the same thing with Nathan. Though as of late I've been giving him some tips here and there. I totally get you about the actual aiming of the gun. I don't know why this is so tricky!
Wait... you've been helping him????
Hmmm. Interesting. :confused3 Maybe it's more out of concern for the guest's safety than it is for the loss of the balloons? A gust of wind taking the balloons could catch someone by surprise or something and have them knocked over and suing Disney for their injuries?
Oh!
Yes, you could very well be right!

:rotfl: Love it! Adorably awkward, indeed.
AAAHHHRRRRGGGH! It's hideous!!!

Yep. Terrifying for sure.
:scared:
Agreed!! I remember talking to a cast member once about how Lumiere, especially, was so lifelike and impressive that sometimes when they were getting the show ready before park open they'd be having entire conversations with Lumiere forgetting that he wasn't actually real. (Of course then this also shattered the magic for me a bit, since I, naturally, believed him to absolutely be real.)
Wait... what do you mean
"wasn't actually real"....

WHAT DO YOU MEAN??????

I've gotten double galactic hero 11 times. Only three of those did the ride stop. One of them in a spot where there was nothing to shoot, so in my reckoning, only two times.

Agreed that it's definitely doable. I definitely haven't done it 11 times, but I've done it a few times. Once I maxed out before we were actually even halfway through the 3rd room, when the ride hadn't stopped at all, and then I just took selfies and hung out and pestered Nathan a bunch to try to keep him from scoring points.

Nope.
Because I would do it.
And I've come close

to doing just that!
And there you have it. :)

Agreed that it's definitely doable. I definitely haven't done it 11 times, but I've done it a few times. Once I maxed out before we were actually even halfway through the 3rd room, when the ride hadn't stopped at all, and then I just took selfies and hung out and pestered Nathan a bunch to try to keep him from scoring points.
Umm... Meghan?
Doc's talking about riding
by himself...
And getting Galactic Hero...

on both guns... by himself.

Editing to add that the double galactic hero-ing, and the pestering Nathan were on two different ride throughs, in case that wasn't clear.

That said, I haven't even managed it on my one gun the last few trips through, so I'm not entirely sure how I ever did it. I'm pretty flabbergasted that Doc's done it so many times!! :worship:
Living here has its advantages.
Some times, I'll go to MK in the evening after work, ride Buzz and WEDway and then head home.
That said, not all guns and cars are created equal. Getting a bad gun or car can (and does) prevent getting it even once.

Nope.
Because I would do it.
And I've come close

to doing just that!
Well, the day trip comment was tongue in cheek, but I also know you drive long distances for ice cream or poker chips, so didn't think it was outside of the realm of possibility.

And there you have it. :)
I really wasn't sure if I should say something...I don't mean to brag, but it is one of my favorite things to do at MK and living locally, I've gotten a lot of practice. It's more a competition with myself now.

As I mentioned, getting a bad gun or a bad car can make a world of difference in score(s).

That said, I haven't even managed it on my one gun the last few trips through, so I'm not entirely sure how I ever did it. I'm pretty flabbergasted that Doc's done it so many times!! :worship:
I'm sure it was a defect
with the gun, not the shooter.

Some times, I'll go to MK in the evening after work, ride Buzz and WEDway and then head home.
Aaaaannnnddd..
thank you! for calling
it WEDway.

::yes::
That said, not all guns and cars are created equal. Getting a bad gun or car can (and does) prevent getting it even once.
Oh!
I hadn't thought of that!
Of course! Makes sense.
Well, the day trip comment was tongue in cheek, but I also know you drive long distances for ice cream or poker chips, so didn't think it was outside of the realm of possibility.
And yes... I've driven a bit
in my time.

Actually, my second visit to WDW
was with my (at the time) best friend.
We drove non-stop.
He drove during the day,
and I drove during the night.

He just passed away a few days ago. :(

I really wasn't sure if I should say something...I don't mean to brag, but it is one of my favorite things to do at MK and living locally, I've gotten a lot of practice. It's more a competition with myself now.

Of course you should comment.
I invited you to. :)

And I'd probably do the same. :)

Aaaaannnnddd..
thank you! for calling
it WEDway.
It will forever be WEDway (in honor of Walt if nothing else) for me.
Same as DTD will always be DTD.
I'm not adverse to change necessarily, but some things should just be left alone (cough Redhead) and change just for the sake of change isn't always good either.

And yes... I've driven a bit
in my time.

We drove non-stop.
He drove during the day,

I'll have to tell you about my FL to Vegas trip.

Having been through this very recently, I know there is nothing I can say, but I am truly sorry and if you need to talk, give me a shout. Prayers for you and his family.

Of course you should comment.
I invited you to. :)

And I'd probably do the same. :)
True, but I don't like to brag. I am kinda proud I've been able to do it...that's not the same as bragging, right? RIGHT???
Anyone? Bueller?

It will forever be WEDway (in honor of Walt if nothing else) for me.
Same as DTD will always be DTD.
I'm not adverse to change necessarily, but some things should just be left alone (cough Redhead) and change just for the sake of change isn't always good either.
Yes. Change just for the sake
of change isn't necessarily a good thing.

And some things (cough) should be left

well enough alone!
I'll have to tell you about my FL to Vegas trip.
Okay! Looking forward
to hearing that one.

Having been through this very recently, I know there is nothing I can say, but I am truly sorry and if you need to talk, give me a shout. Prayers for you and his family.
Mine doesn't compare.
I hadn't seen him in many,
many years.
True, but I don't like to brag. I am kinda proud I've been able to do it...that's not the same as bragging, right? RIGHT???
Anyone? Bueller?
:rolleyes1

I thought the same thing when I read this. I loved Ed Harris playing him. @pkondz was he wearing a vest like in the movie?
Unfortunately, I can't say for sure.
I didn't know it was going to happen,
so caught me off guard.
And by the time I gathered what
little wits I have... he was off screen.

But... I don't know if this is just
because I associate him that way
or if it was so, but...

I seem to think he was wearing one.

I'm sure it was a defect
with the gun, not the shooter.

You're far too kind.

We drove non-stop.
He drove during the day,

So very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how something like this can hurt, no matter how much time has passed since you've spent time with someone. Sending love and light to you, and to your friend's family. Nathan and I are hoping to drive straight through to WDW in a little over a week from now, and when we make our drive I'll be sure to take time to think of your friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter