Canadian Cancellation Insurance-Best place to buy???

honeybeesmom

Mouseketeer
Hello, we just booked our cruise and I was wondering where the best place to buy trip cancellation from in Canada? Anyone with any suggestions,I would appreciate your feedback. Thank so much!:upsidedow

We usually just purchase from CAA (I believe it's through Aetna) and get trip cancellation, trip interruption, and medical. DH can purchase similar insurance (except for cancel-for-any-reason) through both his Amex and Visa and we found it to be relatively similar cost. We've only purchased cancel for any reason this time because we're going to Italy with friends and I wasn't entirely sure if they were going to be able to commit and we had to purchase non-refundable first class flight tickets on short notice before the price went up (which it did the next day by nearly double). Normally we don't do cancel for any reason but it didn't cost much extra this time.

Now that Costco in Canada sells trip insurance, we've found them significantly cheaper than CAA with better coverage, by about 1/3-1/2. Had to make a medical claim once and it was super easy and I had my money back in a flash!

Aby

I used Blue Cross for trip cancellation insurance for my 2015 TA. I have medical from work but had no idea Blue Cross sold other kinds. I remember it was cheaper than CAA.

We used World Nomads. It was very reasonably priced compared to all the others I found. We were only looking for trip cancellation and interruption as we have medical coverage, but had to get a package with medical.

We use Desjardines for medical but know they always offer trip insurance as well as one of the options as well.

We just signed up with CoverMe (Manulife). Their annual multi-trip pricing is about the same as we were quoted for a single trip by other providers, so hopefully this will be a good choice. We also get coverage through credit cards, but I like to make payments with different cards for US travel depending on the exchange rate (I have a US Visa that I use if the CDN$ is really sucky), and I like the flexibility of not having to put deposits and payments all on one card.

Like others said, check your credit card. Ours is RBC avion and you get insurance for any travel booked on that card. Plus my work benefits carry insurance with them too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter