Canadian Disney Gift Cards

The Rexall in FCP concourse level (Adelaide side) is great for AM coupons, etc. All the cashiers seem as AM-happy as I am!
Ok, so for the Duck who lives out of town and only wanders (read gets hopelessly lost) thru the PATH on occasion, give me a bit more of a hint -- I think i've been in that Rexall, much bigger & brighter?? If I'm coming from Union it should be on my right when I'm heading towards the Bay? The one I have given up shopping in is right under 1 King West (hubby teaches across the street a couple of days a month and we stay there if i can snag a good rate!)

Ok, so for the Duck who lives out of town and only wanders (read gets hopelessly lost) thru the PATH on occasion, give me a bit more of a hint -- I think i've been in that Rexall, much bigger & brighter?? If I'm coming from Union it should be on my right when I'm heading towards the Bay? The one I have given up shopping in is right under 1 King West (hubby teaches across the street a couple of days a month and we stay there if i can snag a good rate!)

Ha ha, I totally get it. I know "my" part of the PATH well, but as soon as I stray to an unfamiliar part, I'm hopelessly lost. If you're coming from Union basically you just go straight north. Through RBC Tower, through TD Tower, and into 1st Canadian Place. Straight ahead through 1st Canadian place (so don't go right or left, go right through the elevator banks to the other side). It's right in front of you (near the exit to Adelaide street/the Duke of Wellington). Yes, bigger and brighter. BUT, make sure you have already loaded any coupons, or taken a picture. There is NO wireless or cell coverage in the store.

If you're coming from King West, could be easier to come outside, walk west on King to 1st Canadian Place, and come in on ground level, and go downstairs from there.

Ugh its killing me, another week of seeing Disney cards in more stores but another week with no deals for those gift cards.....

I was going to just charge everything while in FL to our credit card, but with the Canadian dollar tanking again and the foreign exchange fees on the mastercard, maybe I will buy good amount of Disney gift cards to balance that out?

I was going to just charge everything while in FL to our credit card, but with the Canadian dollar tanking again and the foreign exchange fees on the mastercard, maybe I will buy good amount of Disney gift cards to balance that out?

Yeah its getting ugly. I am glad that I have till August to pay the whole bill and till April/May for free dining so that I can book it. 8 people for that trip and with this dollar it's not going to be pretty but after not going this year I am suffering some serious withdrawal, cold sweats,.... shakes.... and I am pretty sure I have seen Mickey standing over me while when I wake up in the middle of the night to go pee :)

Last edited:

I found them at Shoppers in Erin Mills Town ctr. They were $50-$500. I put $200 on the card. I checked on the website when I got home, and there was $160 and change USD.

I just checked and that’s a good $6.75 USD more than my bank would give me if I moved $200 to my USD account today. Not bad!

I just checked and that’s a good $6.75 USD more than my bank would give me if I moved $200 to my USD account today. Not bad!

That's what I was going post too! On xe.com $200CDN = $156.17 and on RBC Calculator $200 = $152.46. Although, the rates will always fluctuate based on WHEN you cash it in at WDW.

Oh, and I found the gift cards at Walmart in Halifax today, only $25 though, no $50's.

That's what I was going post too! On xe.com $200CDN = $156.17 and on RBC Calculator $200 = $152.46. Although, the rates will always fluctuate based on WHEN you cash it in at WDW.

Oh, and I found the gift cards at Walmart in Halifax today, only $25 though, no $50's.
Is that how it works? I was on the Disney gift card site, and it said the value is $160. I don't think it will change.

Anyone see them in Mississauga, On?

Quandrea,

Not sure if you're in Southeast Mississauga but I bought one yesterday at Shopper's Drug Mart on Lakeshore (plaza had a Dollarama and McDonald's in it) west of Cawthra. Sorry I don't know the area well so I can't list the exact corner. But north side of Lakeshore.

Also found some in Rexall in Oakville but close to the Mississauga border. So I'm sure you will find one instantly at any Rexall or Shopper's. I haven't been in a listed store yet - Downtown Toronto to Brampton and in between - where they were not available.

And I smiled in one of my finds because you could visibly see that people were buying them. As there were only two left. Where most of the gift cards were fully stocked.

Is that how it works? I was on the Disney gift card site, and it said the value is $160. I don't think it will change.

It's value will be based on the previous business day's exchange rate --my understanding of the situation.

Great. Thank you. That is how I thought it would work.

Found them at my little Walmart in Greenwood, NS! If we got them there then everywhere will end up getting them!!

Bought enough to cover the cost of souvenirs for my upcoming trip!

Quandrea,

Not sure if you're in Southeast Mississauga but I bought one yesterday at Shopper's Drug Mart on Lakeshore (plaza had a Dollarama and McDonald's in it) west of Cawthra. Sorry I don't know the area well so I can't list the exact corner. But north side of Lakeshore.

Also found some in Rexall in Oakville but close to the Mississauga border. So I'm sure you will find one instantly at any Rexall or Shopper's. I haven't been in a listed store yet - Downtown Toronto to Brampton and in between - where they were not available.

And I smiled in one of my finds because you could visibly see that people were buying them. As there were only two left. Where most of the gift cards were fully stocked.

Great. Thank you. That is how I thought it would work.
Thanks! That's my Shoppers!

Thanks! That's my Shoppers!

Well I had to spin the rack and they were near the bottom.

And I think there were about three left in that one. $25-$500 ones. You should have seen me yesterday. I was out there to pick something up.

Played question after question ---

"We are in Mississauga, right?" "That's Cawthra right there, correct?"

Why are you asking?

Oh no reason. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

I try to save my crazy for these boards. Try. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter