• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian resident tickets?

Thanks, I already purchased direct from Disney using the Canadian Discount. It worked out to be $30 less than UT. I'm just checking Universal vs UT for the Universal portion of our trip.
The UK sites have Universal tickets as well. When I did the math it was cheaper to get their 7 day tickets than a 4 day park to park for all 3 parks. So check there too. Even if it's more days than you'd like to use, could be a savings.

I wonder if that page was a typo when they first came out. I'm seeing prices $100 higher than that now. Am I missing something?

NVM I forgot about how wildly prices can fluctuate based on the date you're looking at.

Last edited:

Sharing my math on buying a ticket through a UK site vs the Canadian discount. We were planning to spend 5 days at the parks but I also looked up 7 days for a more direct comparison
UK ticket was $672 USD. 7 Days, park hopper, water park access

Now the tickets direct from Disney on their website:
(All prices USD and include tax)
5 days
7 days
Basic ticket
$541.49​
$579.95​
Water Parks
$601.13​
$639.59​
Park hopper
$618.71​
$656.63​
Park hopper + water parks
$635.21​
$673.67​

Now the UK ticket does come with the memory maker which costs $185USD via the Disney website.

For my groups use case it makes the most sense to buy basic tickets through Disney, and then have one person get the UK ticket so we have memory maker access for the group.

Sharing my math on buying a ticket through a UK site vs the Canadian discount. We were planning to spend 5 days at the parks but I also looked up 7 days for a more direct comparison
UK ticket was $672 USD. 7 Days, park hopper, water park access

Now the tickets direct from Disney on their website:
(All prices USD and include tax)
5 days
7 days
Basic ticket
$541.49​
$579.95​
Water Parks
$601.13​
$639.59​
Park hopper
$618.71​
$656.63​
Park hopper + water parks
$635.21​
$673.67​

Now the UK ticket does come with the memory maker which costs $185USD via the Disney website.

For my groups use case it makes the most sense to buy basic tickets through Disney, and then have one person get the UK ticket so we have memory maker access for the group.
Thanks for this. The UK deal really is only better if you are planning on getting hoppers, waterparks and memory maker. Many of us just want base tickets, so the Canadian Resident deal is way better.

Is there an end date on the sale of the Canadian resident tickets? I know the tickets themselves can be dated between Jan 11 and Sept 28 but I am wondering how long the sale will be on for purchasing? It's a substanial cash outlay and non refundable so ideally I would rather wait until after Jan 1 to buy. Super nervous about loosing out on the sale price though

Is there an end date on the sale of the Canadian resident tickets? I know the tickets themselves can be dated between Jan 11 and Sept 28 but I am wondering how long the sale will be on for purchasing? It's a substanial cash outlay and non refundable so ideally I would rather wait until after Jan 1 to buy. Super nervous about loosing out on the sale price though
I haven't seen anything about the direct sale having an end date, but Air Miles is running the same sale with an end date of March 15th. Can see the details here:
travel.airmiles(dot)ca/en/travel/partners/walt-disney-world-resort-in-florida.html

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything about the direct sale having an end date, but Air Miles is running the same sale with an end date of March 15th. Can see the details here:
travel.airmiles(dot)ca/en/travel/partners/walt-disney-world-resort-in-florida.html
That is good sleuthing there. Thanks!

I bought the Canadian resident tickets and had the previous tickets removed from my package and now I have this extra thing with my tickets in the app. Does this mean we get free mini golf? (I know DWWS is Disney’s Wide World of Sports, but I can’t imagine there’s any reason we’d want to go there.)

Attachments

• IMG_1318.jpeg
    IMG_1318.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 11
I bought the Canadian resident tickets and had the previous tickets removed from my package and now I have this extra thing with my tickets in the app. Does this mean we get free mini golf? (I know DWWS is Disney’s Wide World of Sports, but I can’t imagine there’s any reason we’d want to go there.)

Yes, you still have the free mini golf that comes with a WDW package (as part of the 'magical extras'). When my tickets were removed (bc I wanted the Canadian resident tickets), my room + ticket package became a ticketless package. Since it's still a package and not a room only booking, you still get the free mini golf. Yay! :)

I called about the Canadian discounted tickets and was told that I would have to delete the tickets I currently have (booked as a package with my hotel), buy the discounted tickets online, and then call back to have the new tickets added to my account. Is this correct?
If so, what happens if my package is already paid for (with gift cards)? Will my current tickets be refunded back to a gift card & my new tickets will need to be purchased before I get the gift card refund?
I honestly thought they could just add the discount on your existing tickets. Not sure why I thought it would be that easy lol.

Can anyone confirm if reservations are or are not needed for the Canadian Resident Tickets after Jan 9th?

Has anyone tried upgrading the Canadian Resident Ticket to an AP, and know if they'll apply the amount paid or the full value of the tickets towards the AP?
I would call and ask, but I doubt I'll get the correct answer...

Hi all,
I purchased the canadian tickets however the deliver option was 'Will Call' or UPS, so i selected Will call. Anyway I can add the tickets to the my disney app ahead of our trip to WDW? Or do I need to wait until we arrive and go to the will call window and retrieve the park passes? Guessing they do this to validate my canadian address? I much prefer having everything set up on the app before I get to Orlando.

I also did the "will call" option on my Canadian ticket. I've added into my app. I just need to go to ticket services and have them confirm my "residency status" before entering the gate. A few extra minutes before the park opens, I'll be good to go.

I also did the "will call" option on my Canadian ticket. I've added into my app. I just need to go to ticket services and have them confirm my "residency status" before entering the gate. A few extra minutes before the park opens, I'll be good to go.
Hi, how did you add them to the disney app? I was emailed a confirmation number after my ticket purchase, but when i try to use that as the ID number it gives me an error.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter