Canadian Thanksgiving ~ What are you doing?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! So what are your plans for Canadian Thanksgiving?

We were invited to NJ to dh's brother, my inlaws are thinking about going too. It's really not in my heart to travel to NJ, so we decided to stay home. My inlaws are thinking the same way. So they will come to our house if they don't go to NJ. Either way, we'll have a nice turkey on Monday, Oct 14.

I must admit, I wish we had US Thanksgiving. I LOVE watching the Macy's parade! It's marks the beginning to Cmas season to me!

Chat soon! S

HI MIKE! We'll be thinking out ya' Have a great time!!!!!! S

On Saturday of the weekend, DH and I are planning to visit the Goderich area. I've never been, but hear it's a really pretty place. We keep thinking that we'd like to move in a few years, and who knows - maybe this will be the place.

Sunday is turkey day around here, not sure if we'll be at my house or my parents- either way we'll all be together.

On Monday we'll probably be sitting around groaning from all of the turkey we ate on Sunday:D

Working :( During the day anyway ... Its double time and a half, so I'll have some extra cash for my next Disney trip! The things we'll do to get to Disney... :rolleyes:

Lucky You, Mike!! Have a great time! :bounce:

I'm not really sure what we are going to do for Thanksgiving. It's really krept up on me. We quite often get together with my sister in Cambridge, if she is not doing something with her inlaws and my parents come down from Niagara Falls. Guess I'll give her a call. I'd love to go out to the coast, though (Boston area), for the long weekend!

We are having the whole family for a turkey supper with all the trimmings! Should be good as we still have my terminally ill dad with us and look forward to many more occasions with him!

God bless all of my fellow cdns here at this time for happiness and health!

We are doing nothing.DH is working both Sunday and Monday(you cant beat triple time,extra money for our Mickey fund)So the boys and I will just watch some football and veg(hmmm,wonder if the pizza place will be open,LOL);)

Well, just go the call...we won the in-laws! YIPPEE! I love them so much! Thanksgiving with the in-laws! S

Hey my hubby is working 12 hour day shift all the long weekend. Darn, I just checked the calender and he is working days xmas day also. We never seem to be able to celebrate the holiday on the holiday, but we will make the best.

Pooh-- We do a day trip to goderich every summer, it is a beautiful town and so is bayfield about 10 min away, ibayfield has some beautiful cottages and I think some shops (i have not been in the shops ). We like to go to culshaw's bakery in goderich and buy the dinner rolls shaped like top hats they are nice. As well as other goodies there.

In goderich drive over to the survey above the beach area, it is quite nice with beautiful homes.
We once picked up a pizza and sat on a bench above the beach area/dock area and watched the salt mining going on, eating our pizza pizza and drinking a hortons coffee. (just hubby and I, simple but nice).

Deb.

I've taken the Friday off work to go to Ball's Falls craft show. It's not so busy on Friday so plan on spending the day there. Not much on Sat. but Sunday will do dinner at the inlaws and Monday I will cook for us and my parents. I'm looking forward to a great long weekend. Have fun in Disney Mike.

DH is also working 12 hour day shifts Sat. and Sun. so we'll be having our Thanksgiving dinner on the Monday with my DS's and my best friend and her boys (my God sons). I'll do all the cooking but I love preparing a turkey dinner for my guys!;)

To you all...........Happy Thanksgiving! :wave:

I can smell the kitchen now! Turkey roasting in the oven, veggies and potatoes! YUM YUM! MIL is bring dessert, I'm guessing a pumpkin pie! S

I've taken the Friday off work to go to Ball's Falls craft show. It's not so busy on Friday so plan on spending the day there. Not much on Sat. but Sunday will do dinner at the inlaws and Monday I will cook for us and my parents. I'm looking forward to a great long weekend. Have fun in Disney Mike.

Thanks for the info Cottontail. I'm really looking forward to getting away for the day with just my hubby.:D

CdnDisneyNut, rcomputer, I hope you have great vacations!! Lucky you! :)

Sillyminny, how wonderful that your Dad will be with you, truly a time to give thanks. :) If you don't mind, I'd like to give you a (((( Hug ))))!

We will be having our Thanksgiving dinner here, on Monday. My sister is doing the ham, and I am doing the turkey. Unfortunately not all the family members will be able to attend. It seems to get more difficult every year to get everyone together!

Kim:)

I have to work both Saturday and Sunday, but Monday we'll go down to Len's parents'. His Dad can come home for the day as long as either Len or his DB is there, so he'll be glad to be home even for the day.

I have invited two families to join us for Thanksgiving dinner on Monday. It was supposed to be on Sunday so they wouldn't have to rush away to get kids bathed and ready for school the next day, but I scored 4 free tickets to a hockey game Sunday afternoon so I rescheduled. I have been very ill for almost a month, sinus infection that turned into pneumonia, so I hope I will be up to the challenge by Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter