Canadian Travellers Support Group

Just checked when we made our deposit it was $1.15 We've been making bi-weekly payments hoping to dollar cost average the US$.

Currently we are being dinged $1.33. We've got several thousand to go.

Booked September 2014 for our 20th anniversary Christmas 2015 WDW trip and am feeling the pinch. Thank goodness for free dining! We just returned from Universal Satudios and those citywalk dinners were costly. Our three teens are ruining everything!! (Jokingly)

Our first trip Canadian $ at par and favorable exchange rate on our following trips so I guess it's payback time! These memories are priceless and it's how we choose to spend our vacation so no regrets

I hate to say it but I don't see Canadian offers coming any time soon. They offer them to fill up the ship, but occupancy seems high right now. I hope they come but I'm not convinced.

Booked September 2014 for our 20th anniversary Christmas 2015 WDW trip and am feeling the pinch. Thank goodness for free dining! We just returned from Universal Satudios and those citywalk dinners were costly. Our three teens are ruining everything!! (Jokingly)

Our first trip Canadian $ at par and favorable exchange rate on our following trips so I guess it's payback time! These memories are priceless and it's how we choose to spend our vacation so no regrets

Happy Anniversary! It's our 20th as well this year. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time :)

We just downgraded our room. It stung to do so, but we saved over a thousand dollars. We were paid in full so I'm going to use the credit to pay for all our gratuities and any extras we rack up. It depresses me, the dollar. We have a five day excursion to Disneyland planned for October and if we weren't doing airmiles for the tickets and cheap hotel we would for sure not be going.

I have to say that we are re-thinking our excursion plans... Unless we both get raises this year I don't see how we can afford all that we had in mind...

The dollar is going back up! :yay:

Probably a little early and a little optimistic but I'll take all the hope I can get!!:cutie:

Well, we booked for Alaska 2016 while on our repo cruise on The Wonder last week. Even with the onboard booking bonuses it's a *scary* amount of money :crazy2: please oh please CDN $ rebound and go up!! She said naively.....:sail:

Yup not happy with the exchange rate. Really makes DCL more expensive for us with the 1.30 on their dollar. Imagine if the US cruisers had to pay those fair lol. We too are going to look at RCL next year to pay in Canadian funds. It is a bit cheaper and no exchange rate.

I hope the trend continues (after the inevitable post-election increase) - heading to Europe next year and it would be nice to pay less over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter