Canadians - where are you?

Disney Addicted

DIS Veteran
I'm curious if there are any DISers out my way. While I have a couple of friends planning trips to Disney and have asked for my help - I do not know anyone out this way who really loves Disney. Always nice to know you are not alone. :lmao:

I'm in Bowmanville, Ontario. East of Toronto and Oshawa. Anyone else? :)

We're near you! Ashburn is the closest village - south of Uxbridge, north of Ajax...just off Lakeridge, neighbour to Dagmar Ski Hill and Hy-Hope Farms. :thumbsup2

You do find that you become the de-facto Disney expert among friends and at work! I can't tell you how many people I have given advice to...as recently as Friday when I was extolling the virtues of DCL to our Auditor who has a young son. If I can make another family's trip Magical then I am more than willing to help. WDW is out Laughing Place. This year we are doing a split stay and experiencing Universal Orlando for the first time. I find there is always something 'new' to try and having a trip in the pipeline that I can plan makes me happy. :lovestruc
So, nice to see you neighbour! :wave2:

I am in Bowmanville as well. I get complete strangers emailing me sometimes through friends asking for help. hahahaha I love it. Any Disney talk is good talk.

While I am in Toronto my Godparents used to own Ace Submarine on Hwy 115 just north of the 401. As a kid I would spend a fair bit of time there going to Orono, Jungle Cat World, Bowmanville zoo.

We're near you! Ashburn is the closest village - south of Uxbridge, north of Ajax...just off Lakeridge, neighbour to Dagmar Ski Hill and Hy-Hope Farms. :thumbsup2

You do find that you become the de-facto Disney expert among friends and at work! I can't tell you how many people I have given advice to...as recently as Friday when I was extolling the virtues of DCL to our Auditor who has a young son. If I can make another family's trip Magical then I am more than willing to help. WDW is out Laughing Place. This year we are doing a split stay and experiencing Universal Orlando for the first time. I find there is always something 'new' to try and having a trip in the pipeline that I can plan makes me happy. :lovestruc
So, nice to see you neighbour! :wave2:
Hey! I was just there last week! I was on the tower across from the top of the chair lift and overlooking the Hy-Hope Golf Course. Had I known, I would have waved at you from the top of the tower! ;)

I'm in London, about 2 hours from you. :thumbsup2

Hey! I was just there last week! I was on the tower across from the top of the chair lift and overlooking the Hy-Hope Golf Course. Had I known, I would have waved at you from the top of the tower! ;)

You mean the cell phone tower? If yes, then you would have driven right past our driveway - thats our road the tower is on!!! Small world! What does that tower do anyway?? It cant be internet because we had a heck of a time getting an internet provided. And our cell service still sucks so we;ve always wondered what the tower did!! :confused3

Nice to meet everyone! :wave2: :goodvibes

This year we are doing a split stay and experiencing Universal Orlando for the first time. I find there is always something 'new' to try and having a trip in the pipeline that I can plan makes me happy. :lovestruc

Nice! I can hardly wait until we do Universal Studios, but it looks like it will not be for a few years. Right now we do not have definate plans.

We currently have a Sept 2012 cruise booked. And since we will be flying to Florida, I would like to do 4-5 days at Disney before the cruise. :rolleyes1

But, there is all these delicious rumours about a Hawaiian cruise opening for October 2012. I will switch in a hearbeat! IF we end up on this cruise, then I want to fly out 4 days early and spend 3 days at Disneyland. After all, I cannot see us ever flying to LA again so it makes sense to see Disneyland on the same trip & airfare, right? ;)

And if we cruise, I promised hubby I would not talk about a trip anywhere anymore for at least 3 years, maybe 5. :rolleyes: But then it will be at least 2 weeks to do Universal Studios, Discovery Cove, SeaWorld, Aquatica. ;) Depending how long we (the kids & I) have to wait, that might extend into 3 weeks. :rotfl:

I am in Bowmanville as well. I get complete strangers emailing me sometimes through friends asking for help. hahahaha I love it. Any Disney talk is good talk.

Hi neighbour! I'm in the Waverly area. Maybe we will bump into each other one day.

This year we are doing a split stay and experiencing Universal Orlando for the first time. I find there is always something 'new' to try and having a trip in the pipeline that I can plan makes me happy. :lovestruc

When is your trip, DutchsMommy? And where are you staying while offsite in Orlando? Our last (and only other) Florida vacation was a Disney-only experience. Like you, we wanted to try something different on our next getaway....its a great big world out there and there's so much to choose from!! Plans for our upcoming trip include a day at Discovery Cove, two days at SeaWorld, and three days at Universal and Islands of Adventure. If your visit preceeds mine, I would be grateful for any tips and advice you would be willing to share!!! :goodvibes

You mean the cell phone tower? If yes, then you would have driven right past our driveway - thats our road the tower is on!!! Small world! What does that tower do anyway?? It cant be internet because we had a heck of a time getting an internet provided. And our cell service still sucks so we;ve always wondered what the tower did!! :confused3
Yes, it's for cellular. It's a Telus tower, Bell Mobiity went on it next and now Rogers (my client) also installed antennas. I was just inspecting the new Rogers installation on that thing. Expect to see crews on the tower shortly as they correct the deficiencies I found.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter