• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancel DME but still use RAC

LuckyAshley

Earning My Ears
Please let me know if you think this will not work. Plan to possibly use Disney Magical Express and Resort Airline Check-in for a Southwest flight back home. Wait to see what time our bus is and decide then if we want to use DME or Uber. Let front desk know we won't be on bus if we decide we do not want to leave that early? And still check our bags with RAC?

Will it cause any issues to sign up for DME and then possibly not use it?

No but if you know you aren't using the DME bus on the way home please take a minute and cancel when you decide! Twice now I have been on a bus that stopped at a resort to pick up passengers, waited 10/15 minutes for no shows.

You can book one way if you like, or book r/t and cancel if you change your mind and as pp said it has nothing to do with RAC.

You can use RAC even if you're taking a camel back to MCO! Doesn't matter how you're getting there. The only stipulation is that you're staying at that resort and you're flying on a participating airline.
But, as others have noted, please let them know you won't be taking DME back. You could be the only guests being picked up, so the bus will sit there, waiting for you, if you don't let them know.

You can use RAC even if you're taking a camel back to MCO! Doesn't matter how you're getting there. The only stipulation is that you're staying at that resort and you're flying on a participating airline.
But, as others have noted, please let them know you won't be taking DME back. You could be the only guests being picked up, so the bus will sit there, waiting for you, if you don't let them know.
And very important, you have 3 hours before your flight departs

Please let me know if you think this will not work. Plan to possibly use Disney Magical Express and Resort Airline Check-in for a Southwest flight back home. Wait to see what time our bus is and decide then if we want to use DME or Uber. Let front desk know we won't be on bus if we decide we do not want to leave that early? And still check our bags with RAC?
You can figure out your bus time for yourself already.
It will be at least 3 hours before your flight departs. If not 15 min before that. It's not going to be less.
If you don't want that much time, don't schedule the return trip at all. We never do. We set up ME for arrival only, never departure. We always use Uber back to the airport.
We drop our bags with RAC after we check out, leave our carry on bag with bell services if we plan to leave from the resort or take them to the park and leave in the locker if we plan to leave from the park (Epcot is the only park we do on our last day and they have large coin operated luggage lockers outside the park)

I will give one piece of advice that many won't think of going on (but do on arrival). Pack enough in your carry on for a night without your checked bags. Most think when going home, oh, I don't need to bother doing that like I do when I fly down, I'll have whatever I need at home if the luggage gets delayed or worse, lost. Well, what about if your flight gets delayed or in our case, cancelled, and you end up stuck in Orlando another night? And you've sent your bags on with RAC that morning. You are then left with nada. Yeah, that has happened to us. We had zilch but the clothes on our backs. Thankfully, Disney sells everything we needed for a night and we even managed to find clothes that worked for us to wear to head straight to work the next morning. But after that we have always kept an emergency toiletry kit in our carry on bag (along with makeup kit for me) and a change of clothes. We always take the last flight out when going home so if it is cancelled, we are left in Orlando till the next AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter