Cancel mid April fight?

DisGuy101

Mouseketeer
We have a flight booked for mid April. Do you think Disney will open the parks, hotels etc., by then, or should I cancel?
I honestly can’t see them staying closed for that long unless things really take a turn for the worse.

Who else where is keeping their April trip?

Would you get a refund if you canceled your flight now? If not, you might want to wait to see whether the airline decides to cancel your flight itself (which is quite possible if things don't get better and most people are not traveling), in which case you should be entitled to a full cash refund.

I could cancel now and get a refund towards a future flight. I guess I could wait and see if Disney extends the closure into April, then cancel if they do. No penalty for waiting a bit.

We have a flight booked for mid April. Do you think Disney will open the parks, hotels etc., by then, or should I cancel?
I honestly can’t see them staying closed for that long unless things really take a turn for the worse.

Who else where is keeping their April trip?
We have a trip for end of April and definitely still holding out hope.

We have plans to arrive April 18th. We will wait to cancel until a) Disney parks still closed and/or b) our flight gets cancelled.

We have plans to arrive April 18th. We will wait to cancel until a) Disney parks still closed and/or b) our flight gets cancelled.
this is our plan as well.
I'm not overly hopeful that the trip will happen, but not ready to cancel yet.

My friend and I arrive Apr 27. Still holding out hope, have not cancelled anything yet.

Our trip is April 11-18. I have accepted it’s not gonna happen, but I will wait to cancel. It sounds like domestic travel restrictions might be coming. If they do, I would assume the airlines will have to issue refunds. If we have to take credits from SW, they would expire Oct 30. We have a trip for September, but the April trip was so expensive, we would still money left.

We were thinking of changing to May 9-15, but even that isn’t looking good.

Same here. Scheduled to arrive on the 18th and I'm waiting as long as possible. If they are open and flight is on I'm still going.

Y'all aren't going in April.

It’s looking like that will be the case. The CDC is recommending no public gatherings of more than 50 for the next 8 weeks. The safest thing for Disney to do would be to follow their lead. This is going to get a lot worse as more testing is done.

I’m still gonna wait until April 1 the get official word from Disney before canceling our hotel reservations and flights. We have another trip booked later in the summer. This was just a small snack before lunch. Still disappointed...

At this point I don’t think April trips or even May trips are happening if they are talking about this going for 8 weeks 🙁.

We have a trip booked for April 2nd. Hopefully optimistic, but makes me glad we have trip insurance for the flight.

At this point I don’t think April trips or even May trips are happening if they are talking about this going for 8 weeks 🙁.

May 10th would be the 8 week mark. With that new CDC recommendation I would be surprised if Disney opened before April 15th. May might be more realistic.

We have a trip booked for April 2nd. Hopefully optimistic, but makes me glad we have trip insurance for the flight.
Unfortunately, insurance doesn't cover for an epidemic or pandemic. I had an insured flight for next week and could not get a refund. I had to take a Delta credit. Quite honestly, I don't know if I will use the credit before it expires, which is one year from the date the ticket was purchased. Maybe if I ask nicely, Delta will let me extend it. We'll see.

Delta initially announced a 15% capacity reduction, then they increased to 40% and today they said it will be 70%. I think May is still likely. I think you have better odds at Vegas than on an April trip at this point.

unless you have cancel for any reason your insurance is worthless for this pandemic. Even credit card insurance won’t cover. Read all over the internet and you’ll see. Sorry but you’ll have to see what your airline offers as far as cancellation or credit. Same thing on all things trip insurance covers - pandemic or epidemic aren’t covered. We had insurance which of course didn’t cover. MSC cruises gave us until 12/2021 to cruise and Lufthansa until 12/2020 to fly. Fingers crossed for 11/2020.

good luck

SW lowered our May flights to $45 each way - kinda feels like they are expecting those flights not to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter