Cancel or go alone?

eeyoresmom, I spent 7 solo nights at BWI last May. I booked a standard, only to be surprised with a pixie dust upgrade to Club Level Deluxe. I literally laughed out loud as I explored the room meant for 6 and knew that it was all mine for the week. I had two Queen beds, a couch/foldout bed, an armchair, a desk, a coffee table, two freakin TVs . . . and the most amazing balcony right over the Boardwalk Bakery. So. Much. Space. It was fantastic and the best on property experience that I've ever had. I enjoyed every single ridiculous minute alone in that huge room and looked longingly at "my" balcony from the Friendship Boats on my two subsequent trips. :-)

Treat Yo Self!

I think you should go, and book yourself some spa time if you want, at least some massages or facials and mani-pedi. You can dine out at the fancier restaurants and catch up on some sleep. It gives you a chance to pay attention to yourself instead of the kids for once. Now that my kids are a little older, I would go without any hesitation, I'm mother of 5.

Definitely go alone. Sounds like you'd be more stressed trying to rent out the room or find a last minute travel companion.

There are lots of extras you could do that are much more affordable for one than for 6! I’d do some of those.

I still remember going for a race with my friend. We had plans for a couple of the parks. The day we went to MK, we figured we’d be done by dinner time. Instead, we were done by lunch time! And no one whined or complained. Best Disney trip ever!

There are lots of extras you could do that are much more affordable for one than for 6! I’d do some of those.

That reminds me-restaurants! Several times I've eaten solo at a particular restaurant and enjoyed it so much I've gone there with DH the next time we've gone together. It's much cheaper to try out new restaurants if only one person goes. Then if you don't like it, you haven't wasted as much money!

Your points would go into holding and might be difficult to book at 60 days, I would go alone. I’ve done it, it gives you a chance to relax and go at your own pace.

I have had to go to Orlando on business a few times and always arranged nights on my own at WDW. Company was paying to fly me to Florida after all ! Stayed at WL, CBR and POR this way. I would go and have a nice relaxing trip.

Go for it. I would sell my soul for a few days at WDW by myself, without having to worry about anyone else's needs, feel responsible for others' emotions and enjoyment of the trip, and do what I wanted to do when I wanted to to it.

Go for it. I would sell my soul for a few days at WDW by myself, without having to worry about anyone else's needs, feel responsible for others' emotions and enjoyment of the trip, and do what I wanted to do when I wanted to to it.

It really is awesome!

Another vote for going alone. I go to WDW at least twice a year, one time with my adult son and the other solo. I have been going with my son since he was just shy of 3, he just turned 37 so I love our trips together but I really love my solo trips. I always stay in deluxe resorts, usually the Epcot ones so go, enjoy.

WDW is a great place to converse with strangers. CMs, too.

Especially CMs. They love to converse with solos. So many CMs have spent time telling me ALL about their jobs (once I started up a conversation just by asking a "dream squad" CM-"So how did you get your job?"), I've been taken into "CMs only" areas a few times, and the most fun was the night the CMs at Spaceship Earth kept sending me around again to see how many Hidden Mickeys I could find, after giving me hints, when I told them I was looking for Hidden Mickeys.

Kids are all in their 20's. One DD will actually be there with her BF the week before and we would overlap by a day and a half. I would love if any of the other 3 could join me but it's too last minute for time off from work and other commitments.
Are you interested in a fifth kid? It just so happens that I can take time off from work in January and wouldn't mind spending a week with my new adoptive Mom at the Poly! ;)

Kidding, of course...I love my own mother to pieces and am therefore not available for adoption. In all seriousness, though, I would TOTALLY do the solo trip if I were you, OP! I bet it would be awesome to spend a whole week doing whatever the heck you want to do. No compromises (Don't love that restaurant? No problem! Want to ride IASW 23 times in a row? Go right ahead!), no one to make happy except for yourself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter