Canceled Trip due to medical emergency - is any pixie dust available to re-book same?

Wow I could have written this! I was nine weeks pregnant this time last year and had a miscarriage. We also canceled our WDW trip and rebooked. So happy to see you were able to rebook. Losing a pregnancy is such a unique grief. Having a WDW trip to look forward to helped me through some dark days <3 Hopefully it does the same for you!

So sorry that you went through this as well. You said it well with a "unique grief."

GOT IT BACK...

Thanks for the happy thoughts and all the pixie dust.

Third times a charm.
Very sorry for your loss. I understand as I too had a mis in between our now healthy two adult DS. Have over 8 years between our sons and it is a blessing as they are very close. I hope that you enjoy can use this trip as an opportunity to heal. Very glad for you that you persisted and a kind CM showed compassion!
:rose:

I was sent a private message about calling the "bounce back" line directly. So, I figured it can't hurt, right?

I called and told the CM (this was my third attempt) my story of why I had cancelled our reservation and why I was requesting it back. The CM put me on hold while she contacted Guest Services. At this point, Guest Services has denied me twice already. I was on hold 8 - 10 minutes. The CM came back on the phone and said that she's still communicating with Guest Services and that it will only be a few more minutes.

The CM then takes me off hold and asks two questions.

Was there anything in particular that we were celebrating?

I replied with "nothing more than celebrating family time together in our happy place."

Her second question was how excited would I be if she and the Guest Services agent had found some 'extra special pixie dust' and now my original trip was re-instated?

I replied with "giddy as a school girl."

The CM then told me that she herself has dealt with losing a child from mis-carriage and just so happens the Guest Services agent had as well. (I can't promise that the CM or myself didn't get a little teary eyed at that moment).

Again, thank you all for the encouragement, insight, prayers, happy thoughts and kind words.

I wish I could help. I’m in a similar position. We have a July trip planned. It is a bounce back package. My final payment, and final cancellation date, is rapidly approaching. My mother is terminally ill with cancer. I have no idea if she will be alive at the end of July. If so, I would need to stay home. If she is no longer with us, my daughter and I feel we would like to keep our vacation. Life has been very difficult for us all since my mother’s diagnosis last month. A vacation is much needed, and Disney is our “happy place.” I have no idea what to do. I have called to see if I can switch to room-only, but that option isn’t available. I guess I will just keep it, and pay it using a credit card that offers vacation insurance. I’ve never had to use the vacation insurance offered by my credit card, but I’ve read the terms carefully, and my situation definitely meets the criteria.

I’m sorry for the miscarriage you and your wife experienced. I hope you can figure out a solution to your dilemma.

Thank you. I will pray for you and your family through this difficult time. I lost my dad a few years ago and it was very tough.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :(

I am so happy to hear though that Disney was able to rebook using your previous offer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter