• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

canceling question

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I think I am going to cancel our late May trip DH got a kidney transplant last month and although the worst period for being immunosuppressed is 3 months, I don't feel comfortable going to WDW this year 5 months out. Yeah I'll miss the 50th stuff, but this is more important.
I have an August use year and have to bank by March 31 I used mostly 21 points and a few 22. If I cancel now (more than 60 days out) can I just bank them into 22 (expire 23)? I've not canceled points before.

You borrowed those 22 points to book in your 21 use year. They cannot be re-banked and will need to be used by the end of this July. Your 21 points can be banked.

As noted, the usual rule is that points which have been borrowed from a use year cannot be put back into their original use year.

However, you might want to call MS to do the cancellation and see if they might make an exception (not required) to allow the borrowed points to be put back into their original use year. Explain the recent medical issue and that the reason you need to cancel is because of concern, particularly with Covid still around, of the now higher risk your husband could have if he went this soon after the transplant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter