Canceling to stay offsite, what happens to FP?

lilmrsellis

Wishing upon a star...
We're currently booked at AOA and our 60 day window is approaching. I'm assuming if I cancel to stay offsite before final payment I'll loose my FP reservations. Is this correct? We have a room only res. This makes logical sense, but not everything is always so logical with Disney, lol. TOA!

No effect on FP already made. They *could* disappear if they're no longer linked to a ticket, but even that isn't always the case.

If you cancel between day 60 and day 30, the FP will remain, but you won't be able to modify them until inside the 30 day window.

you have a room only?
do you have a ticket?
i thought you have to have a room AND a ticket to be able to reserve FPs.

you have a room only?
do you have a ticket?
i thought you have to have a room AND a ticket to be able to reserve FPs.

You are correct. You can have rooms every day of the year, but if you do not have a ticket, you can not reserve your FP.

We have Military Salute tickets. My husband has been dying to stay at Shades of Green and I'm trying to get us a reservation before final payment on AOA. I'm happy to hear nothing should change if I get one.

If you have a room only reservation what final payment are you talking about?

Every time I have had a room only no payment, other than the one night fee due at time of booking, is due until I arrive at the hotel. You can cancel 5 or 6 days before the arrival date without penalty, depending on if you booked online or by phone.

Just cancel the AoA res after you have passed the 30 day mark and your FP'S should remain.

We have Military Salute tickets. My husband has been dying to stay at Shades of Green and I'm trying to get us a reservation before final payment on AOA. I'm happy to hear nothing should change if I get one.

shades of green is nice....i assume it's still nice...
we stayed there years and years ago, when it was owned by disney...the rooms are enormous!!! (or they were then, presumably they still are :) )

I had a similar question with a winter 2018 trip. I currently have a room only and tickets, but might have to stay offsite with family. I have up until 5 days out to cancel my RO so I assume I can wait until a week before to pull the trigger and I won't affect my FP?

I had a similar question with a winter 2018 trip. I currently have a room only and tickets, but might have to stay offsite with family. I have up until 5 days out to cancel my RO so I assume I can wait until a week before to pull the trigger and I won't affect my FP?

Your RO reservation opens your window. Once you've grabbed your FPs, they will stay there regardless as long as you have ticket media linked to your MDE for the number of days you have FPs

After you've booked your FPs and as soon as you know you'll be staying offsite with family, cancel your room-only reservation to open it up for someone else. There's no reason to wait until 5 days before your check-in date because your FPs remain intact from the moment they've been booked.

After you've booked your FPs and as soon as you know you'll be staying offsite with family, cancel your room-only reservation to open it up for someone else. There's no reason to wait until 5 days before your check-in date because your FPs remain intact from the moment they've been booked.

Thank you! Hopefully will be a non-issue as I much prefer staying onsite, but will do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter