• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

canceling your Memorial Weekend trip

Memph1s

DIS Veteran
Anyone going to have to cancel their Memorial Weekend trip. We are going to be off for this holiday now and of course FW is booked solid at this late date. I am a vulture and would love to take advantage of your misfortune. Really I hope you won the lottery and are upgrading to a wonderful resort. I just want your campsite.:jester:

We lucked out last year and got booked on July 3rd for the 3rd through 6th. But I am not holding my breath for that kind of luck again.

I know this may be sacreligious BUT..if you can't get in, I'd definately recommend Tropical Palms. It's right behind old town and 5 minutes from the parks. The place was big, and clean...only downfall was they said they had cable tv, BUT it was only like 15-20 channels...

We may have to settle for TP. Its an OK place and we do like Old Town. I don't think our luck is with us for this holiday. The DW called at 530PM and there was nothing. Our neighbors across the street called at 5:50 and got a site. But we will keep trying. [RANT ON] I just get tired of telling them we have called a trillion times and we are in their system and they don't need our name and info. They prompt you to give them all the info through the touch tone to save you time and then they still ask you all the info to confirm the info was entered correctly. So, I asked exactly how does having me enter all the info on my dime save me anything when you just ask for it anyway. Well we just want to be sure the info is correct. [RANT OFF]

From what I've heard, cancellations are put back in the system at 7 a.m. ET, so be sure you call right then daily for the best chance of getting a cancellation.

Our motorhome hasn't washed away and we've so far dodged all hail, lightning, wind damage and tornados, so I don't think you'll be getting our site!

Glad you escaped the really bad weather. I still have family in Memphis, Nashville, and in the Pickwick Dam area and they all just got some nasty storms as well but no damage. I did try again this morning at 7 but we will keep trying. Thank goodness for free in state calls on the cell phone.

Hey Memph1s, I hear you...
I put in all those darn numbers, confirm they are correct, then they ask me all my info again....If they weren't so freakin friendly, I'd scream..BUT when you are just calling to see if there are cancellations, it's the worst...
FWIW, our friends told us that cancellations are actually put back into the system between 10 and 11 am...plus, between now and next tuesday people can cancel w/o penalty, so keep trying...

Keep trying, I would call every morning at 7:00 & 10:00 People still have a chance to cancel without penalty....
Pixie Dust coming your way ... Just believe.

Good luck... We will be there 9 - 17 hope to see you there.

Hang in there. Persistance is the key to getting a cancellation. Keep calling and remember there is a 5day cancellation policy so about a week beforehand be very diligent.

you could pull your rig next to my cabin!...WE COULD SHARE...LOL...will be there fri/sat/sun...i would keep calling...we have gotten many rooms ect & fw when a few hours before there was nothing available.....i know fw is tough but you never know!...good luck

Well, its not looking to good for getting a last minute site. We were there this past weekend for a short trip and they still had the 1700 loop closed and it does not look like its going to open soon. (although you can never be sure) When we left Sunday we noticed that there was only one camper in our loop (1300). We got a call from some friends who were still there Sunday night and they said the 1200 + 1300 loops had been closed. So with it being a holiday and having 3 loops closed to boot I don't hold out much hope of getting a site.

We found out on this last trip that our A/C has stopped working anyway and I don't thing we can get it fixed in time for this weekend anyway. Plus, The flies were a pain too. Our friends ended up leaving Monday because Disney would not let them burn bug torches and the flies were driving them and their dog crazy. They only stayed 2 days and they had booked 2 weeks.

Well, I guess I won't fax requesting the 1700 loop:(

And more talk about those dang flies--I'd hoped they might be moving on. Oh, well, it's still better than being at home working!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter