Cancellation? And advice

pugbug

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this isn’t the correct forum.

I have a room and ticket package booked for the end of May. We’re staying at the Rivera, and I’m beyond excited! However, we just found out that I’m pregnant and, assuming everything goes well, I’ll still be in my first trimester during our trip.

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is after April 30? My final payment is due then too, but I don’t know if I’ll know whether I can go then or not. I’m worried I’ll be too sick (I’m 4 weeks and already a little nauseated/tired). Would I be able to move my trip after the final payment to later in the summer?

Do I even want to go at all while pregnant?

If anyone has advice, please let me know!

I can't give you any advice on whether to travel while pregnant. That is something between you, your SO and/or doctor to decide. But the following would apply to cancellation and/or modifying to another date:

You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 30 days in advance. Cancellations made 29 days to 2 days prior to arrival have a cancellation fee of $200 per package, but if reservations are cancelled 1 day prior to arrival or later, the full package price is non-refundable.

After you’ve made final payment, any changes, are subject to a $50 change fee and a $15 processing fee. Technically this is due whether the final cost is lower or higher, but if you’re changing to a higher-priced package, they will generally waive the change fees.

Sorry if this isn’t the correct forum.

I have a room and ticket package booked for the end of May. We’re staying at the Rivera, and I’m beyond excited! However, we just found out that I’m pregnant and, assuming everything goes well, I’ll still be in my first trimester during our trip.

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is after April 30? My final payment is due then too, but I don’t know if I’ll know whether I can go then or not. I’m worried I’ll be too sick (I’m 4 weeks and already a little nauseated/tired). Would I be able to move my trip after the final payment to later in the summer?

Do I even want to go at all while pregnant?

If anyone has advice, please let me know!

PPs advice is good. My rule of thumb, once you are in that 30 days prior to check-in period is to modify the reservation instead of canceling it so I don't lose $200.

Personally, I would not want to go later in a pregnancy in the middle of the summer when it's going to be super hot outside, but that's a personal choice. I would consult with your doctor as to the best time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter