Cancelled June Now Oct question about reservation

PMart

DIS Veteran
I cancelled my June trip and decided to plan an Oct trip. My question is ,for October I booked a room only. Can I later change it to a package? We are Florida residents who will need tickets etc. I haven't thought about purchasing AP s for this year but maybe that will be the best way to go. Any advice or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Lynn

You don't have to make it a package, I honestly save more money by getting a room only discount and buying tickets separately. The only reason it ever works to have a package deal for me is if a discount comes out (like free dining) that has to have tickets with the room.

Totally agree - keep the room only as it is easier to cancel. You get charged to cancel a package!

You have up until 30 days before check in to cancel a package without penalties. I would advise to do a package so it’s easier to get refunds on tickets.

I am in a similar situation. I booked a room only for this May. I bought the tickets separately. I obviously cancelled my room reservation for May. I would like to book a package deal for November hoping for free dining but I already have the tickets. What options do i have?? Would disney refund my ticket money or apply it to my package for November???

Thanks

I am in a similar situation. I booked a room only for this May. I bought the tickets separately. I obviously cancelled my room reservation for May. I would like to book a package deal for November hoping for free dining but I already have the tickets. What options do i have?? Would disney refund my ticket money or apply it to my package for November???

Thanks
I would cross that bridge if/when it comes. There may not be a free dining offer in November for your dates.

You have up until 30 days before check in to cancel a package without penalties. I would advise to do a package so it’s easier to get refunds on tickets.
If you buy tickets direct through Disney it really is no harder to get a refund than it is with a package. I like the room only because you have until 5 days before the date of arrival to cancel, and you don't have to pay in full until you get there (although I always pay it a week or so before I go), and you can change it easily any time before that 5 day window.

If you buy tickets direct through Disney it really is no harder to get a refund than it is with a package. I like the room only because you have until 5 days before the date of arrival to cancel, and you don't have to pay in full until you get there (although I always pay it a week or so before I go), and you can change it easily any time before that 5 day window.

If I was going to do theme park tickets separately and things don't improve by than, how would I cancel?

If I was going to do theme park tickets separately and things don't improve by than, how would I cancel?
I don’t buy until closer to time. I am AP now, but when I do purchase tickets I don’t buy them a really long time off from the trip just in case something changes. Right now they are allowing people to change the dates on the tickets or out then towards a credit for a future trip. My husband has tickets for our July trip that I recently bought, and if we have to cancel or move the trip we’ll put them towards a future trip.

Thanks everyone for the input, I actually think I am going to purchase APs for the year, so the decision to do the room only was a good one. Now do I want to purchase MNSSHP tickets they are sorta steep this year

A room only booking is cheaper?
No. But there are often room only discounts offered, so that coupled with purchasing discounted tickets from a third party can make it cheaper.

I could be wrong, but its my understanding Disney is extending the ticket expirations dates or allowing people to use the credit value towards a future purchase. No refunds. But, if you have a package booked, that is fully refundable.

I feel like it is a common misconception that booking room only and tickets separately you more time to cancel. If you are going room only for ability to cancel 5 days before, then you would have to give up making fastpasses at the 60 day mark because tickets bought separately are not refundable so you’d have to wait to buy tickets until 5 days before. Package lets you cancel a room and tickets up to 30 days before without penalty, and less than 30 days with a cancellation fee.

Thanks
I also had room only for May with tickets purchased separately. I booked a package for August and I was able to get a refund for my May ticket because I am buying new tickets as part of a package. You should be able to do the same if you call to book the new package.

I feel like it is a common misconception that booking room only and tickets separately you more time to cancel. If you are going room only for ability to cancel 5 days before, then you would have to give up making fastpasses at the 60 day mark because tickets bought separately are not refundable so you’d have to wait to buy tickets until 5 days before. Package lets you cancel a room and tickets up to 30 days before without penalty, and less than 30 days with a cancellation fee.
Agree. But I think the benefit for the room only people is that they have the flexibility to move dates up to 5 days in advance, if they need that flexibility because of work/school obligations, medical situations, or whatever else. Its really just a matter of whether someone can commit 30 days in advance, or do they need more time just in case.

As I mentioned up-thread, the other benefit of room only would be buying discounted tickets from a third party, which would save money in addition to any room only promotion that may be offered.

I also had room only for May with tickets purchased separately. I booked a package for August and I was able to get a refund for my May ticket because I am buying new tickets as part of a package. You should be able to do the same if you call to book the new package.
That is great news. Thank you!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter