Cancelled Ressie-Credit to CC-Receipt?

Emy'sMom

Mouseketeer
I cancelled a room-only ressie with CRO and was told they issued a credit to my credit card. I need to get a receipt from CRO that shows they actually issued the credit. I have the yellow confirmation slip that has "Cancelled" on it and the amount of the refund but I need an actual receipt.

It's been about 10 days since I cancelled my ressie and I know the standard blurb about 'the credit can take 2 billing cycles to hit your statement' but I need a receipt for my credit card company (problems, problems, problems - loooong story).

Has anyone ever requested a receipt and gotten one? CRO could fax it to me. Anyone ever received a receipt that way?

Thanks!
Debbie

In all my dealings with CRO and cancelations, I've never received a receipt for anything, deposits or refunds. I get the confirmations, but never an actual credit card receipt. I don't think they even print them out, since everything is in the computer system.

Can you check your credit card records online? I've had Disney credit back my card on our last 2 trips (codes came out and I had to remake reservations) and both times the credit showed up on my card within a week (couple of days actually). I would just check online every day until it showed up. ~:D~

I was wondering the same thing ... We canceled our order for PH passes a day after we placed it, and we were told that the paperwork would be put in for the cancellation and we should expect a credit within two billing cycles. It's been just about a week and a half, and we haven't received a credit or any kind or a canceled confirmation from WDW. Should we be worried or optimistic? We'll be missing that $500 if it doesn't come back soon!

Since I booked the Fairy Tale Package, I too have to cancel a CRO room only ressie. I'm going to ask them about that too!
angel.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Originally posted by SuzyQue
Can you check your credit card records online?

Ditto. We can check activity online of all our credit cards. (We even pay them that way)

we haven't received a credit or any kind or a canceled confirmation from WDW.
Both times we had our card credited, I don't believe we ever received any paper work from Disney on it, just showed up on our credit card bill. ~:D~

SuzyQue - Yep, I can check my credit card statement online. I've been checking it everyday since May 7th. :rolleyes: Still no credit as of today - 11 days after I cancelled the ressie.

What's bothering me is - I had to have 2 separate credit cards credited: one was the Disney Visa and the credit was posted to my account the next day; the other credit card (the one that I've had lots of trouble with and will be closing after this credit is posted) still has no record of the credit. :mad:

The rep at the "problem" credit card company said I need to send them a receipt from CRO showing that the credit was processed - the rep said that a merchant can say they are issuing a credit but they actually have up to 30 days to actually process it (thus the "2 billing cycles" statement that merchants make??)

But it doesn't make sense that the Disney Visa credit would be processed right away but for some reason CRO wouldn't process the credit to the other credit card at the same time. :confused:

I did get a cancellation notice from CRO and it has a line on the bottom that shows the total refund but doesn't show any proof the credits were actually processed.

What a pain in the pa-tootie!

Debbie

Sounds like the problem is with your "pain in the pa-tootie" :p credit card company. You're right, why would Disney credit your Visa and hold off on the other. I'd talk to Disney again and just nicely explain your problem, I'm sure they can help somehow. Good Luck!! ~:D~

OK, I finally got my money back. :D

Here's what happened -
I called CRO again today to follow-up on the missing credit to my credit card. The CM I spoke with ("Flower") told me that Disney didn't credit my credit card but sent me a check instead. She didn't know why it was handled this way. Fine by me - I just want my refund.

And of course when I got home from work today the check was in my mailbox! Now I just have to turn around a write a check to my "pain in the pa-tootie" :p credit card and close the account!

Debbie

(I got my "Day 1 Charter Member" Disney cardholder pin today too.....oh, and my Disney Adventures magazine - fun Disney mail day!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter