Cancelled room refund

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I cancelled a room only room on 12/2 and still haven't gotten the refund. Should I be worried? Should I reach out to Disney? If I reach out to them, who exactly do I reach out to?

I wouldn't be. Odds are great it's your credit card that's holding up putting it back.
I've booked and cancelled many rooms over the past month *long story
Some were several weeks to get back, some days. It varied by card used.
If you cancelled, it will be refunded. If a billing cycle goes by and you haven't gotten it back, then check.

I’m not sure what the difference is in cancelling room only vs. package. I cancelled a package on Friday and I could see the refund on my credit card account on Monday!

Log in to your credit card account. If it's not at least listed as pending (they can stay pending for quite some time) I personally would call. I had 2 refunds processed, each within a week. It's been almost 3 weeks for you.

Log in to your credit card account. If it's not at least listed as pending (they can stay pending for quite some time) I personally would call. I had 2 refunds processed, each within a week. It's been almost 3 weeks for you.
I know 1 of the credit cards I use for many of my trips doesn't even show the refund transactions as pending. They just appear. What one credit card provider does really has little bearing on what another does.

Whenever I've had to cancel, it's always been credited to the CC on file within 2-3 days...until it wasn't. I called, and after some hunting around, the CM said she was puzzled, as she saw it waiting there to be processed, which, according to her, happens every 24 hours, at midnite. She put me on hold for a short time, came back, said it's been processed and lo and behold, 24 hours later, my CC reflected the credit. I'd be on the phone now, asking "what's up"!

Whenever I've had to cancel, it's always been credited to the CC on file within 2-3 days...until it wasn't. I called, and after some hunting around, the CM said she was puzzled, as she saw it waiting there to be processed, which, according to her, happens every 24 hours, at midnite. She put me on hold for a short time, came back, said it's been processed and lo and behold, 24 hours later, my CC reflected the credit. I'd be on the phone now, asking "what's up"!
I will say, if you use the same credit card each trip and this one is acting different, taking longer for instance, than any other, then yeah, I'd call.

When I cancelled my room only reservation just two months ago in October, they told me it could take anywhere for 2-6 weeks to see my refund. I saw it refunded in November.

When I cancelled my room only reservation just two months ago in October, they told me it could take anywhere for 2-6 weeks to see my refund. I saw it refunded in November.

WOW. I guess we've just been lucky. Now, honestly, we've only cancelled a room, not a package..maybe amount of refund causes the long delay? Of course up front, the CM always sez one or two billing statements...which makes no sense when they do admit that at midnight, refunds are processed...every day. I have Chase send me a text alert for every charge and I haven't hardly finished typing in the room reservation when the deposit on the room hits my card. They should refund your $$$ as quickly as they take it from you! Dream on....

WOW. I guess we've just been lucky. Now, honestly, we've only cancelled a room, not a package..maybe amount of refund causes the long delay? Of course up front, the CM always sez one or two billing statements...which makes no sense when they do admit that at midnight, refunds are processed...every day. I have Chase send me a text alert for every charge and I haven't hardly finished typing in the room reservation when the deposit on the room hits my card. They should refund your $$$ as quickly as they take it from you! Dream on....
Again, it's not Disney that delays it. They do send the refund back to the credit card company at midnight the day you request the refund. Then from there it's up to the credit card company as to how long it takes for it to show back up on your account. Chase is fast. Probably the fastest of all the credit cards I have. Others are much slower.

Again, it's not Disney that delays it. They do send the refund back to the credit card company at midnight the day you request the refund. Then from there it's up to the credit card company as to how long it takes for it to show back up on your account. Chase is fast. Probably the fastest of all the credit cards I have. Others are much slower.

Ok...good info...I didn't realize that about Chase. I guess because the one time it took forever, Disney admitted that the delay was on their end...i.e. refund sitting there waiting to be processed...I foolishly assumed everyone's delay was Disney's fault:)

Ok...good info...I didn't realize that about Chase. I guess because the one time it took forever, Disney admitted that the delay was on their end...i.e. refund sitting there waiting to be processed...I foolishly assumed everyone's delay was Disney's fault:)
Nope. And as to the amount, since you brought that up, a room only stay is just a single night deposit, so not much more than a package deposit, in most cases.

Yea, I used my Barclaycard - so it must have taken one billing cycle. Good to know Chase is fast! maybe I'll use my Chase next time!

the CM always sez one or two billing statements...which makes no sense when they do admit that at midnight, refunds are processed

Not Disney. Your credit card company. Vendor processes refund pretty much immediately. Credit can take several days to be applied back to your card. One-two billing cycles (statements) is dependent on the cardholders billing period crossing with the processing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter