• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancelling ADRS!!! (Can we start a thread)?

MrsMud

<font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t
NO, I'm not really, but I thought maybe we could start a thread here for people to post when they are about to cancel an ADR. At certain times of the year (Free Dining, anyone?), it's very difficult to get an ADR at certain restaurants if you don't book it FAR in advance.
I know I myself have changed my itinerary (and ADRs) several times, but never thought to post it here beforehand. Then when I cancelled my Hoop Dee Doo ADR and was unable to get another one for a night that would work, I thought, "SOMEONE was lucky enough to get the one I cancelled". Maybe if there is a thread devoted to it, those who are cancelling can spread some pixie dust, and some lucky DISers can receive it! What do you think?

About 2 hours ago (2:00 on 7-18) I cancelled

Table for 5 50's Prime Time in MGM for Friday September 1st at 11:20
I was only able to fit in BBBoutique at the same time this day so I had to call off lunch :thumbsup2
Oh if it makes a difference I had it booked as 5 people but 4 chairs and a high chair not sure of they use tables for 4 or 5 when they book it like that

just subscribing this is a great thread. I'm looking for dates in sept 18-24
Mama Melrose and Liberty Tree character..

I wonder if we can change the name on the ressie? For instance, Goofytraci wants Mama Melrose? If I had Mama melrose, could I call Disney and change the name and send her the confirmation number? Of course this wouldn't for the credit card guarantees, but any harm otherwise?

GREAT idea. I started so many threads asking if people had cancelled for our June trip, this thread would be VERY helpful!

Lesley

Just cancelled Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic pkg for 6 on 8/20 at 5:20 and Ohana for 5:45 for 6 on 8/21 if anyone is interested. :)

I am going to be cancelling a lunch at CRT on Nov 11 at 2:00. Let me know if anyone would like this, and I will try to time my cancellation to when you can call to reserve!

Okay, off topic but I am a bit confuzzled. This morning I made ressies for HDDR and the CM I talked to said that the tickets were completely non-refundable. So how are you cancelling ADRs for it?

I will be cancelling ADR @ 6:10 on 10/24, MNSSHP night, for Tony's as soon as I can come up with something to replace it.

Just wondering:
If I have an ADR that I want to cancel (one that did not require a credit card hold), could I just give my ressie number to someone else and allow them to claim the current ADR at the reserved time/restaurant? That would make it easier for someone else on the boards to be able to utilize the ressie??

I just canceled (all parties of 4):
9/9 Boma- 6:00
9/10: FDP at Mama Melrose's- 4:50
9/11: CRT- 5:10
9/12: Whispering Canyon- 5:00
9/13 Chefs de France- 5:00
9/14 Le Cellier - 5:00

Hope this can help anyone in time

golden1 said:
Okay, off topic but I am a bit confuzzled. This morning I made ressies for HDDR and the CM I talked to said that the tickets were completely non-refundable. So how are you cancelling ADRs for it?

You were told incorrect information. As long as you cancel up to 48 hours in advance, you will receive a full refund. Since I am on the dining plan, I was not required to pay in advance. They did take my CC # and if I do not show to the meal or cancel in time, then they will charge my CC.

This is a great idea! I am looking for Teppenyaki on 8/25 around 7:15 pm for a party of 4. If you are thinking of canceling, please send me a PM. I would appreciate it as my 2 DD's really want to try this place. Thanks :thumbsup2 !

Hi - Great thread!

I am looking for...Liberty Tree Tavern or the Crystal Palace for Friday, 9/29 hoping for around 5PM.

I would then have available Planet Hollywood at 5:30PM.

There are 4 in our party.

Thank you!

I just cancelled ADRs for Crystal Palace for 9/29 for 5 people (4+ a high chair). It was earlier then the time you were looking for though. It was for 3:50.

I just canceled two ADRs, both for a party of 5

9/30: 4:40 pm @ 1900 Park Fare: Cinderella Gala
10/6: 12:55pm @ 50s Prime Time

So happy I was able to schedule the 1900 Park Fare for a different day (10/6) :)

Hope someone can use the 9/30 ADR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter