Candle Light Processional and wheelchairs...

Charleyann

<font color=purple>Someone spilled the beans<br><f
Does anyone know where the wheelchair seating is for Candlelight Processional?

We are doing the CP package with dining at The Garden Grill with my DS. My son also has vision problems and needs closer seating. Is this possible with the CP?

Also, how is The Garden Grill?

Thanks

Charleyann

Can you son be transferred to a bench? If he can there will be no problem at all. If not then the closest wheelchair seating is at the back of the first section where the CP package people are seated.

Thank you for your reply! I am, glad the seating isn't at the far back. When we did fantasmic last Nov. we were seated at the very top and very back of the theatre. DS has a hard time seeing. Hoping this year we can get down closer!

Thanks

Charleyann

When we were there in December, people that couldn't transfer were seated in a special section at the very front. There was a seperate line for people in WC's and ECV's, at the CP Pkg area and they were seated first. It was very well coordinated. Even if he can transfer, it would probably be better for him to stay in his chair. They will allow him a HC slot and you can sit next to him on the bench, he should be able to see even better. HTH

Suzanne princess:

Actually since he can transfer it would be better for him to have a seat on one of the benches closer to the front. This will save one of the wheelchair slots for someone who can't transfer and will allow him to be closer to the stage. Sometimes the w/c seating will be full and then those who cannot transfer must sit in the back...sometimes there aren't many guests who need them but since you never know, if you don't need one it's best not to take that space. There will be a sign language interpreter at each show, standing on the right side of the stage ( as you face it) who is amazing to watch also. Since you are doing the dinner package those guests are seated first but you still would want to enter that queue line early since sometimes even that line is pretty long or at least approach a CM beforehand to let them know of your son's visual impairment and your need to sit up front. If you have a GAC noting the need to be seated at the front of theaters, etc. due to a visual impairment that should also be honored at the CP. Oh, and BTW, the Garden Grill is alot of fun! ---Kathy

I can't wait to do this. My son is very excited to be staying onsite for the first time.

We have never tried The Garden Grill. I chose that as it is character meal. Are any of the other restaurants with the CP that have character meals?

Thanks again

Charleyann:santa:

we were recently at a show at the epcot theatre area that houses the candlelight procession. For that show they had some central w/c seats in the lower section near the stage.

After being seated I overheard the "supervisor" yelling at the cm who seated us. She said that was for w/cs only! He said (referring to my husband) isn't he in a w/c! She said NO! He asked her if he should move us but she agian yelled no--
He asked her what he was in since not an ECV either.
She yelled I don't know what that is! Not a disney moment!

DH has a power chair with extra postioning rather than a standard chair!

Other negative moments were the constant pointing and stares by children at Disney. I find them ruder than anywhere else in our travels but DH says it is only because more children there so I notice it more. DH has been using a chiar for 25 years and the last two as an amputee. Kids constanly stare point and make comments about his lack of legs and most parents due nothing about their rudeness!

Only other problem we encounted was two broken bus lifts (didn't help they were on the same day).

Even with the above commments we had a wonderful time at Disney !

Linda

Charleyann- the Garden Grill is the only character dinner that you can get with the CP. My children have always enjoyed the type of food served and esp. all the character interaction. I'm not sure if you've been to WDW during the holidays before but if not, you're in for a real treat. The atmosphere and decorations alone are worth it besides all the special events. I hope you have a great trip- sounds like you're planning for it!---Kathy

Charleyann- the Garden Grill is the only character dinner that you can get with the CP. My children have always enjoyed the type of food served and esp. all the character interaction. I'm not sure if you've been to WDW during the holidays before but if not, you're in for a real treat. The atmosphere and decorations alone are worth it besides all the special events. I hope you have a great trip- sounds like you're planning for it!---Kathy

We have been to Disney World after Christmas (Dec 29) but not over Christmas and not before and not onsite!

I can't wait to experience Christmas at Disney. I think I am more excited then my Little Guy!

With my son's GAC last time, we were stamped green and alternate entrance. I should have memntioned DS vision problem caused by JRA. He found it difficult to see from the back of theatres. I will surely mention this to guest relations when we get our next GAC....

Disney is so accommodating and makes visiting so much fun and surreal! It takes away illness and replaces it with magic and a sprinkling of pixee dust:wizard:
Being able to spent 18 days at Disney is, er um....there are no words to describe....

Thanks again

Charleyann

Actually since he can transfer it would be better for him to have a seat on one of the benches closer to the front. This will save one of the wheelchair slots for someone who can't transfer and will allow him to be closer to the stage. Sometimes the w/c seating will be full and then those who cannot transfer must sit in the back...sometimes there aren't many guests who need them but since you never know, if you don't need one it's best not to take that space. There will be a sign language interpreter at each show, standing on the right side of the stage ( as you face it) who is amazing to watch also. Since you are doing the dinner package those guests are seated first but you still would want to enter that queue line early since sometimes even that line is pretty long or at least approach a CM beforehand to let them know of your son's visual impairment and your need to sit up front. If you have a GAC noting the need to be seated at the front of theaters, etc. due to a visual impairment that should also be honored at the CP. Oh, and BTW, the Garden Grill is alot of fun! ---Kathy

Actually they won't let you sit that close if you transfer out of the chair. DM and I were using ECV's and could park them at the top and walk to the front and we were rudely screamed that because we weren't in a WC we couldn't sit in that area, only someone in a chair and I think one or two other family members.

Suzanne princess:

There is regular seating in front of the w/c areas that they can use...several rows of benches that would get them up closer than the w/c seating areas. Since they have the dinner package they should be able to sit right up front but I'd still advise they approach a CM regarding a need to sit close to the stage due to a visual impairment. ---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter