• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional Dining Packages booking starts10/17

Last year, the first official announcement came out on 9/26 on the Disney Parks Blog with a partial list of narrators. Packages went on sale 10/6. I'd anticipate a similar timeline this year. As far as selections go, we did the package at Le Cellier last year and there were no exclusions -- we picked an appetizer, entree, and dessert off the regular menu. Alcohol and enhancements (if desired) were extra.
Thanks
The holiday performance at Biergarten is the best package !

We’ve done the package so many times in the past and always find it valuable to have. Our favorite was when they used to offer a breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno, but that hasn’t been an option for several years. Most recently we did Rose and Crown. I’m disappointed in their pared down menu since the pandemic and it still hasn’t expanded. But I still like having the package for seat convenience. My husband is actually in the choir for the first time this year so it will be cool to see it from his side!

I will say I’m nervous whether the writers’ strike will affect things for narrator availability. I guess we’ll see soon!

I will say I’m nervous whether the writers’ strike will affect things for narrator availability. I guess we’ll see soon!

oh wow... I didn't even think about that. I wonder how many TBD will be on the list when it is released.

We love Biergarten but have never been during the holidays. Do they change which songs they perform to add in some holiday tunes?
Yes! No change to the food (that I recall) but the inside (the village square) is decorated for Christmas and the band plays Christmas carols. If you google are lots of pictures and videos. It's definitely special at the holidays -- the food is meh to fine (in my opinion) but the atmosphere really puts you in the spirit. As of last year, they were still seating one party per table, which is another pro, in my opinion.

oh wow... I didn't even think about that. I wonder how many TBD will be on the list when it is released.
It would really surprise me if they let people host without committing to come whether or not the strike has ended. I wonder if they can cut some sort of deal (since it’s outside core SAG work?) that the proceeds go to charity or out of work crew, etc.

Yes! No change to the food (that I recall) but the inside (the village square) is decorated for Christmas and the band plays Christmas carols. If you google are lots of pictures and videos. It's definitely special at the holidays -- the food is meh to fine (in my opinion) but the atmosphere really puts you in the spirit. As of last year, they were still seating one party per table, which is another pro, in my opinion.
It’s been our Christmas Eve choice for over a decade and would not change it for the world.

Another thumbs up for Beirgarten. Most of the food is surprisingly good (as is the beer :) ) and we adore the show. It's just an overall fantastic time. It would definitely be our first choice.

I know Spice Road Table has offered packages in the past and we love their food, so that's another solid option. We used to enjoy Rose and Crown but they've butchered the menu for some reason. Any of the others would be way down my list of choices, but they'd all be better than standing in line for 2 hours to get into CP (well, maybe not Coral Reef :goodvibes).

If you have children They need to Polka with their dad once in their lifetime and they invite everybody to dance on their showroom floor!
You just hold hands and dance around the floor laughing and creating a forever memory !

plus I have 2 vegetarians and they have no trouble getting enough food to enjoy What a relief for me cause my daughter & grandaughter can be a challenge sometimes!

Funny story, the family we were seated with …
Mom goes to bathroom and then her child is chosen to ring the bells and given a token gift coin and then mom returns to discover What she missed ! But Dad taped it all but still … sad

Still waiting! Looks like I'll have to forego the 63 day window I'd planned by putting Epcot later in the trip and have to slug it out with everyone else the morning the dining packages go on sale.

Will Disney give us warning of when they'll go on sale or will they just surprise everyone?
For the Candlelight Processional Dining Packages, they usually publish a big announcement listing the dates, the participating restaurants and price for each, and the date that ADRs can start being booked. Keep watching this forum - the name of this thread might change or a new thread might start, but the title of the thread will make it clear that the details are out!

For the Candlelight Processional Dining Packages, they usually publish a big announcement listing the dates, the participating restaurants and price for each, and the date that ADRs can start being booked. Keep watching this forum - the name of this thread might change or a new thread might start, but the title of the thread will make it clear that the details are out!
We should all agree to post back here if we learn of anything. I get a few Disney blogger daily updates so I assume one of them will notify pretty quickly. Our 60 days starts in 2 weeks and I’m also getting nervous about it. 😵‍💫

I would have thought they’d roll it out as soon as the strike ended, but maybe they weren’t able to do any negotiations or scheduling during the strike?

You have talked me into Biergarten for the Christmas ambiance! We ate there a few days ago and the food was delicious so no worries on that front.

This will be my first solo (-ish) trip and I figure watching the show and the adorable dancers will mitigate my slight discomfort at eating alone.

Hoping the CP dining packages drop soon!

That's their placeholder page. Even though it says 2023, it still has the 2022 verbiage.

1696314842748.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter