Candlelight Processional for deaf people

oceanscape

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

Does anybody know if reflective captioning is available for the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT? If not, would I be able to arrange a sign language interpreter somehow? We're from England so use BSL as opposed to ASL, hence the captioning would be more beneficial than an interpreter.

Thanks so much for any advice. :goodvibes

I don't think captioning is available, but I do know that some of the shows are interpreted. I expect others will chime in with more detailed information, but at least that's a start.

Most of the Candlelight shows I've attended were interpreted. But you may need to let Disney know in advance, as I think they have scheduled shows for the interpreter. You will be seated in the far front-right portion of the seating area.

When we were at the Candellight Processional there was an interpreter, although I believe she was using ASL. MY DS who has Down syndrome and knows some sign language liked watching her a lot, even though he also likes music. I don't know if they would have a BSL interpreter for you. We did not see any reflective captioning. :cool2:

while I don't know any sign language, we did see an interpreter at the CP performance we attended. I was very mesmerized by this woman as she was incredibly expressive in her interpretation of the performance. I was having a hard time NOT watching her and paying attention to the other elements of the performance. :goodvibes

All Candlelight Processional shows are interpreted. Seating is on the right hand side of the stage in the front. The interpreters are awesome and you will really enjoy them. Also contact Disney for the interpreter schedule for the time period you will be there. It is available from Guest Services and they can email it to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter