Candlelight Processional Narrators updated

EJO is an AMAZING narrator. My favorite. He has gravitas and he puts a lot of heart in the narration. That said NPH is my second favorite
Okay, so we were leaning toward Olmos. I just googled videos of him speaking. It looks like we will be dropping Harris. I didn't want to do it until we knew who was signed up for our other date.

Okay, so we were leaning toward Olmos. I just googled videos of him speaking. It looks like we will be dropping Harris. I didn't want to do it until we knew who was signed up for our other date.
We have Edward James Olmos too. I haven't been to the CP in over 10 years (my son is 8.5 and my last trip before having him was in october, a month after he was conceived, so it's been a while). But prior to the last decade of no xmas time trips, I have seen Gary Sinese, Neil Patrick Harris (when he was just Doogie Howser, before he was such a hot commodity lol), Levar Burton and Edward James Olmos. EJO is a wonderful speaker but I would have liked someone I have never seen before. Oh well :) It's been at least 10 years so just glad to be there and I didn't really care who I got! It is amazing how many people have been doing this for SO long.

No one shoot me but NPH is not my favorite even of the ones I saw. Maybe it was because he was so young when I saw him. I don't get the hype or why people would wait all day to see this. But I also haven't seen the show in so long, I'm curious what it is like now vs. what I remember from a decade ago.

Last edited:
Does anyone know from past experience when they might announce the last narrator? I'm really anxious to see who will be there December 7th-9th.

Last edited:

We have Edward James Olmos too. I haven't been to the CP in over 10 years (my son is 8.5 and my last trip before having him was in october, a month after he was conceived, so it's been a while). But prior to the last decade of no xmas time trips, I have seen Gary Sinese, Neil Patrick Harris (when he was just Doogie Howser, before he was such a hot commodity lol), Levar Burton and Edward James Olmos. EJO is a wonderful speaker but I would have liked someone I have never seen before. Oh well :) It's been at least 10 years so just glad to be there and I didn't really care who I got! It is amazing how many people have been doing this for SO long.

No one shoot me but NPH is not my favorite even of the ones I saw. Maybe it was because he was so young when I saw him. I don't get the hype or why people would wait all day to see this. But I also haven't seen the show in so long, I'm curious what it is like now vs. what I remember from a decade ago.
I wasn't happy about having Neil Patrick Harris. I'm simply not a fan. Which is why I held on to both reservations.

I saw the processional two years ago, but I do not remember who we had.

I wasn't happy about having Neil Patrick Harris. I'm simply not a fan. Which is why I held on to both reservations.

I saw the processional two years ago, but I do not remember who we had.
that made me lol, sorry. I remember who i've had when I sat down to think about it but I do not remember who it was making a big impact on the show. The lights, the costumes, the staging, the music.... it's all so beautiful. who is narrating is just a small part to me. EJO does a great job though, he is very charistmatic and a wonderful public speaker.

I looked it up. Ana Gasteyer. She was fine.

I had her for the narrator last year. SHe really did a great job, and I was not disappointed.

I agree that the narrator is a small piece of a beautiful puzzle, and when all placed together, the entire production is lovely.

Does anyine know from past experience when they might announce the last narrator? I'm really anxious to see who will be there December 7th-9th.
it could be soon, or it could be days before, sorry. You will have someone narrating

So I'll be in the standby line for NPH on Nov. 30th for the 2nd show (my daughter's choir is singing in both the 2nd and 3rd show that night) and in standby for the first show of EJO on Dec 4th. If anyone is around swing by and say hi, I would love to meet you

Saw Jodi Benson last year. She was so awesome. Had Ripken, Jr. this year, but just changed it to see Jodi Benson again! So excited!!!!!

So I'll be in the standby line for NPH on Nov. 30th for the 2nd show (my daughter's choir is singing in both the 2nd and 3rd show that night) and in standby for the first show of EJO on Dec 4th. If anyone is around swing by and say hi, I would love to meet you
I thought I read on another thread that you always do standby. But if that wasn't you, I just posted that I have a Biergarten lunch for the 8:15 show with NPH. Let me know if you want to coordinate.

Well, technically we'll be there for NPH but I doubt we'll get in to see him. We aren't arriving to our resort until 3:30pm and it's off property. So by the time we drive over, park and make our way in I doubt we'll get in to sit for any of the shows. We may hover around the American Adventure to at least listen in LOL!

In the past we've seen Steven Curtis Chapman, Joe Morton and Ana Gasteyer and each one has been lovely. Ana was surprisingly funny (before the actual reading began).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter