Candlelight Processional Narrators updated

I'm guessing by the lack of comments that Jim Caviezel either isn't that well known or isn't that great. Any opinions??
Passion of the Christ, Frequency, GI Jane, The Thin Red Line, Angel Eyes, Pay it Forward.....just a few of his movies

I would be interested in catching EJO at CP but have absolutely no interest in Robby Benson. Which was also the case back in the 70s.

I can only imagine how popular Anthony Mackie will be this year! I'm wondering if the CP dining package lines for his nights are going to require lining up an hour in advance like other celebs.

ANTHONY MACKIE! :eek: :hyper:I will have to try to fit CP in this year but of course I will have to change my plans around ONCE AGAIN.:crazy:

If you have a dining package do you still have to line up super early? Debating between 12/6 or 12/7!

I plan to attend the Candlelight Processional on Saturday, Dec. 10th (second time for me, first time for my Mom, 66 y.o.). Scheduled narrator is Robby Benson.

A priori, I expect a "low" crowd day at Epcot as (i) there's no EMH at Epcot, (ii) MK is scheduled to be open until midnight whereas MVMCP will cause an early close the two previous days and the following day, (iii) DHS will be open up to 9pm instead of 7pm, and (iv) there's a morning EMH at AK. For all these reasons, Epcot is the "most recommended" park to my eyes.

However, I heard that some narrators may attract huge crowed and I wonder what to expect with Robby Benson. I am reluctant to purchase a Candlelight meal package, especially whether there are some chances to get a seat without this (pretty expensive) option.

Any opinion?

Thank you.

Not sure if there is a separate thread where I can ask a question about the Candlelight Processional Dining package but I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this? We booked Tutto Italia for 4:20 for 6 people and were given the 8:15pm Candlelight show. At that point I only thought there were 2 options: 5:15 and 8:15pm. Then I found out that there was a 6:45 show and when I called to switch to the 6:45 show I was told that your reservation has to begin 2 and 1/2 hours before the show time. *Doing the math in my head...* :scratchin So we missed it by 5 minutes!:( Of course we tried to switch our reservation time to 4:15pm but there were no available tables for 6. So my question is: Does anyone know if the restaurant itself has any control over what show you can go to? Is it wired to your reservation? And how do they let you into the stadium? I know you line up separately but are they scanning receipts or is it a ticket they give you?

Not sure if there is a separate thread where I can ask a question about the Candlelight Processional Dining package but I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this? We booked Tutto Italia for 4:20 for 6 people and were given the 8:15pm Candlelight show. At that point I only thought there were 2 options: 5:15 and 8:15pm. Then I found out that there was a 6:45 show and when I called to switch to the 6:45 show I was told that your reservation has to begin 2 and 1/2 hours before the show time. *Doing the math in my head...* :scratchin So we missed it by 5 minutes!:( Of course we tried to switch our reservation time to 4:15pm but there were no available tables for 6. So my question is: Does anyone know if the restaurant itself has any control over what show you can go to? Is it wired to your reservation? And how do they let you into the stadium? I know you line up separately but are they scanning receipts or is it a ticket they give you?
the packages are pretty strict on times, each restaurant has a certain number of allotted guests per show.
After you eat they give you a sticker with your time and day that you wear to get into your respective show, you line up on the left side of the theater the line can extend as long as France sometimes. People with the package line up about an hour before their show
65130_10151316868160236_131398751_n.jpg

the packages are pretty strict on times, each restaurant has a certain number of allotted guests per show.
After you eat they give you a sticker with your time and day that you wear to get into your respective show, you line up on the left side of the theater the line can extend as long as France sometimes. People with the package line up about an hour before their show
65130_10151316868160236_131398751_n.jpg

We have a package and have three kids with us for an 8:00 show. Their ages are 7-6 and have zero desire stand in line for an hour, that's why we are doing the package. What is the drawback to getting in the line 15 minutes before they start letting package people in? Thank you!

We have a package and have three kids with us for an 8:00 show. Their ages are 7-6 and have zero desire stand in line for an hour, that's why we are doing the package. What is the drawback to getting in the line 15 minutes before they start letting package people in? Thank you!

All the people in line in front of you will get to choose their seats first.

Okay, but as long as we get seats, I'm okay with that. I'd rather have a lesser view than try to keep the three of them "happy" in line for an hour.
Also, can you bring a snack/drink in with you?

Okay, but as long as we get seats, I'm okay with that. I'd rather have a lesser view than try to keep the three of them "happy" in line for an hour.
Also, can you bring a snack/drink in with you?
They usually begin letting the Reserved seating line in at least 30 minutes before showtime and then at about 20 or 15 minutes before allow the stand by line. This year with breakfast being an option I believe there will be less stand by seating.
If you wait to line up you may end up getting in with the stand by people. (who are allowed to chose any seat they want if they do it like they did last year. )
And yes, you may have food in line and in the theatre.
It seems that last year we lined up an hour in advance and then we're let in pretty close to 40 minutes prior.
it's an open amphitheater, and the very front 3 or 4 rows were blocked off for "special" guests. There was plenty of seating outside the overhang, but we prefer to sit closer and under the canopy.
When we arrived we were probably about 20-25 people back. We went on a weekday and our narrator was America Ferrera (who was excellent, btw)
I would expect it to be REALLY REALLY busy on your date because a lot of locals go on the weekends, so wouldn't expect low lines.

They usually begin letting the Reserved seating line in at least 30 minutes before showtime and then at about 20 or 15 minutes before allow the stand by line. This year with breakfast being an option I believe there will be less stand by seating.
If you wait to line up you may end up getting in with the stand by people. (who are allowed to chose any seat they want if they do it like they did last year. )
And yes, you may have food in line and in the theatre.
It seems that last year we lined up an hour in advance and then we're let in pretty close to 40 minutes prior.
it's an open amphitheater, and the very front 3 or 4 rows were blocked off for "special" guests. There was plenty of seating outside the overhang, but we prefer to sit closer and under the canopy.
When we arrived we were probably about 20-25 people back. We went on a weekday and our narrator was America Ferrera (who was excellent, btw)
I would expect it to be REALLY REALLY busy on your date because a lot of locals go on the weekends, so wouldn't expect low lines.
We are going on a Monday, so hopefully it will be okay! I have one more question. If I'm in the "reserved" line before they start letting in the standby line, will they wait until all the reserved people have made it in the theater or will they at some point start opening both lines at the same time?

We are going on a Monday, so hopefully it will be okay! I have one more question. If I'm in the "reserved" line before they start letting in the standby line, will they wait until all the reserved people have made it in the theater or will they at some point start opening both lines at the same time?
We've done the dining package twice and I remember sitting in the stadium for several minutes before they started letting in the standby line.

Yes they will... You have priority seating with the package...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter