Candlelight Processional Package?

TakeMe2DisneyNow

Earning My Ears
Can anyone enlighten me on this a bit? We are going to be at Epcot for the CP for the first time. The kids want to eat at the Garden Grill. I am happy to do that, but since it's a family style meal, there is literally no difference between the meal you get with the CP package and without it. It is a major priority for me to see the CP, but I am trying to figure out if I have to have the dining package to see it. I am leaning toward doing lunch at GG and then at dinner time, we grab a QS meal to eat in line waiting to get into the CP. Is it possible to get into the CP by waiting in line or is the dining package really necessary? Does anyone know? I don't want to be essentially wasting a meal credit on a fastpass, you know?

Yes, you can wait in line. Depending on who the narrator is and when you end up getting in line, you could be waiting a LONG time.

CP package is two meal credits per person, regardless of which restaurant you choose or the time of day.

Can anyone enlighten me on this a bit? We are going to be at Epcot for the CP for the first time. The kids want to eat at the Garden Grill. I am happy to do that, but since it's a family style meal, there is literally no difference between the meal you get with the CP package and without it. It is a major priority for me to see the CP, but I am trying to figure out if I have to have the dining package to see it. I am leaning toward doing lunch at GG and then at dinner time, we grab a QS meal to eat in line waiting to get into the CP. Is it possible to get into the CP by waiting in line or is the dining package really necessary? Does anyone know? I don't want to be essentially wasting a meal credit on a fastpass, you know?
I am planning on paying OOP instead of using the 2 credits. I did the same when we ordered room service twice on our last trip...the oop is much less of a cost than the value of 2 ts credits.

It is POSSIBLE to get into CP by the regular line but they fill the theater with dinner package people first and then they let people in from the standby line. You could potentially be there an hour early for the 5pm show and not get in until the 6:45 show. The other downside to waiting is you get to hear the show twice since it is an open theater.

For those reasons I think it is very worthwhile to get the CP package and the priority seating with it. I would not try to eat a QS meal in line, if you at lunch at GG you will be assigned a 5pm CP time and can have dinner AFTER the show. Maybe snacks in line. The times you are assigned are based on the time that you dine and the lunches get the 5pm show, early dinners get the 6:45 and later dinners get the 8:30 show. I will probably be doing lunch myself so that we can see the first show and then have a QS dinner at Morocco afterwards.

and yes agree it is not a great use of 2TS credits. I was planning to pay OOP myself until I realized the sum of my DDP and OOP expenditures was within $20 of just upgrading to DxDDP and doing everything on the plan, so now I will be using credits for it :)

For those reasons I think it is very worthwhile to get the CP package and the priority seating with it. I would not try to eat a QS meal in line, if you at lunch at GG you will be assigned a 5pm CP time and can have dinner AFTER the show. Maybe snacks in line. The times you are assigned are based on the time that you dine and the lunches get the 5pm show, early dinners get the 6:45 and later dinners get the 8:30 show. I will probably be doing lunch myself so that we can see the first show and then have a QS dinner at Morocco afterwards.

Actually this changed last year. You could eat whenever you wanted and CHOOSE the show you wanted to attend. Of course, you need to make sure you have time to eat and get to the theater.

So OP, you could still do lunch at GG WITH the CP pkg and go to the show of choice.

Last year, there were many, many narrators whose shows had minimal non-CP pkg seating, as in 20-40 people. If you're going to eat at GG anyway, I'd pay OOP for the lunch CP pkg. It will be worth the peace of mind that you'll get to sit and see the show.

Actually this changed last year. You could eat whenever you wanted and CHOOSE the show you wanted to attend. Of course, you need to make sure you have time to eat and get to the theater.

So OP, you could still do lunch at GG WITH the CP pkg and go to the show of choice.

Last year, there were many, many narrators whose shows had minimal non-CP pkg seating, as in 20-40 people. If you're going to eat at GG anyway, I'd pay OOP for the lunch CP pkg. It will be worth the peace of mind that you'll get to sit and see the show.

Huh. I REALLY wanted to do an early (like first seating, either 11am or 12pm whenever it is) Coral Reef seating so we can check in early but from what I read last year the only CP packages were 2:30 and later. Do you happen to know if that is old information as well?

We went in December...celebrity narrator was Neil Patrick Harris. Stand by line had people waiting at 11 AM for first show (5 PM)...did notice about a quarter of those in standby did get into theater to see it! We got in line with CP Package about 1 hour before and had 5th row center seats. Whatever you decide, do see the show...it is amazing!

We went in December...celebrity narrator was Neil Patrick Harris. Stand by line had people waiting at 11 AM for first show (5 PM)...did notice about a quarter of those in standby did get into theater to see it! We got in line with CP Package about 1 hour before and had 5th row center seats. Whatever you decide, do see the show...it is amazing!
Wow, I saw NPH years ago (like 10 maybe lol, he has been doing it for a long time). Guess I can say "i knew him when" lol.

Huh. I REALLY wanted to do an early (like first seating, either 11am or 12pm whenever it is) Coral Reef seating so we can check in early but from what I read last year the only CP packages were 2:30 and later. Do you happen to know if that is old information as well?

Sorry I don't know, but that seems really late for starting the packages. I just remember people being shocked when they were given a choice as to which show they wanted to see when making a lunch reservation. The timing of the meal wasn't really mentioned. Disney Food Blog said lunch times were to start at 1:45 last year, but they also had the lunch-5:00 show information as well. Maybe someone will come along with real experience from last year.

Depending on the narrator, the standby line gets started quite early. For a popular narrator like Neil Patrick Harris or Whoopi Goldberg, the stand-by line can already be quite long at 2pm. After our first year when we didn't have a package and stood in the back, we decided to always get the package.
Some of the restaurants only offer dinner packages.

I was there December 5 to 11 last year. I wanted to see Whoppi Goldberg on Saturday night so I did the package and the line was already fairly long an hour before. Later in the week, Thursday night, I was in Epcot and noticed the standby for Ana Gasteyer was not long, I walked in and got a decent seat about 10 min before. So a lot depends on the narrator and day of the week.

Remember...not only are you getting a celebrity narrator when you book a CP package but an incredible orchestra, choruses, and amazing night! We've done this three times and always felt the extra price was worth it! Totally had chills down the spine listening to all the amazing music and definitely reminded us of the true meaning of Christmas through bible readings and songs!

Can anyone tell me the amount of time the candlelight processional takes?

If doing a dining package do you still have be there very early, or can you wait til @ 30 minutes prior to arrive?

If doing a dining package do you still have be there very early, or can you wait til @ 30 minutes prior to arrive?
I think you still need to line up at least an hour in advance to get good seats but there is some point at which you can still show up and be guaranteed to get in. I'm not sure when that is though, I think it is 45 minutes maybe? But I'm sure others will chime in. I haven't done a CP in so many years.

We saw Gary Sinise in November, and it was incredible! We paid OOP for the dining package at Via Napoi. We had a 1:30 ADR. Then we got in line about 45 minutes ahead of time and so glad we did. It was the first show of the CP season and it was mobbed in that area. We ended up with great seats and really enjoyed it.

It really depends on the narrator. I went last December and our narrator was not one of the "popular" ones, and even with our CP voucher we were thee a good 45 minutes in advance. I cannto tell you how necessary it is to arrive sooner atehr than later, but I would allocate at least 30 to 45 minutes before, 45 minutes for the show, and another 10 to get out, so at least 90 minutes.

For my group, the CP is like a concert or show, it is a commitment of time for dinner and then waiting for the show and then the show. The night we plan to attend we kind of block out any other priorities, and consider that the focus. WE usually see Illuminations that night as well. Anything else that night is a bonus for us.

I think you still need to line up at least an hour in advance to get good seats but there is some point at which you can still show up and be guaranteed to get in. I'm not sure when that is though, I think it is 45 minutes maybe? But I'm sure others will chime in. I haven't done a CP in so many years.
It really depends on the narrator. I went last December and our narrator was not one of the "popular" ones, and even with our CP voucher we were thee a good 45 minutes in advance. I cannto tell you how necessary it is to arrive sooner atehr than later, but I would allocate at least 30 to 45 minutes before, 45 minutes for the show, and another 10 to get out, so at least 90 minutes.

For my group, the CP is like a concert or show, it is a commitment of time for dinner and then waiting for the show and then the show. The night we plan to attend we kind of block out any other priorities, and consider that the focus. WE usually see Illuminations that night as well. Anything else that night is a bonus for us.
This is one of the main reasons I'm debating adding an extra 1 night stay before our cruise. I don't see where we can fit it in otherwise.
Was trying to save myself some money if I didn't have to dedicate an entire evening to..looks like that's not possible.

This is one of the main reasons I'm debating adding an extra 1 night stay before our cruise. I don't see where we can fit it in otherwise.
Was trying to save myself some money if I didn't have to dedicate an entire evening to..looks like that's not possible.

Oh gosh, don't go just by me! I have just stood and watched Cp and found the experience just as nice. I am also that planner who allocates more rather than less time. Please get feedback from others so you make a decision that is not based on my own idiosyncrasies.

My basic plan is to have a late-ish (off time) lunch (I think 2:30 is the latest, we'd show up early to get a tank side table I think, planning on coral reef), see the early (5pm) CP, then have dinner at QS at Morocco and do AA before fireworks then after "lunch" meander over to the pavilion (could take a while to get there). but yeah I guess I am saying it's going to be a 4 hour thing with meal, getting there, waiting and watching.

Oh gosh, don't go just by me! I have just stood and watched Cp and found the experience just as nice. I am also that planner who allocates more rather than less time. Please get feedback from others so you make a decision that is not based on my own idiosyncrasies.
No, not just your comment. It's also because of Christmas around the World. If I add a day pre cruise we can have that entire day for just Epcot. From @ 12-close. (The Friday day after Thanksgiving).
I was looking at BWI. But now am really leaning towards POP. We won't be in the room besides to sleep that 1 night. It's about a $400 difference...that I don't think I can justify.
My plans now are - renting a car for 1 day from MCO, driving to Port Canaveral and check in Country Inn and Suites, then spend the day at Kennedy Space Center. IF I go with POP the cost difference between the 2 isn't as much. I would skip the rental, take ME to WDW, and then Disney transport to the port ($35pp)
We have plenty of opportunities to go to the space center in the future since we go to South Florida once or twice per year. Just means I'll have to add a drive in on a future trip..which wouldn't be unmanageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter