Candlelight processional reservations... is this normal?

Stephen Burch

Earning My Ears
Starting out with: I didn't get them, so there's that, lol.

Anyway, this was my first time trying to get "in demand" reservations. Is it normal for the website to be at "we're sorry we can't check reservations at this time" and then jump immediately to all the spots being sold out?

Anyway, this was my first time trying to get "in demand" reservations. Is it normal for the website to be at "we're sorry we can't check reservations at this time" and then jump immediately to all the spots being sold out?

This the first time in many years attending and doing the dinner package that it has been sold out the morning they open.
I guess it's the times we are in right now.

Yea, I suppose so. It seemed like the message was "we haven't opened reservations yet" when in reality it looks like the message was *actually* we have too many people hitting our servers. Would be nice to have that be made more clear.

Keep in mind, this year the dining packages appear to be much more limited than in the past. Previous years, we could choose from a dozen or so restaurants. This year it's only 4. And with the show being cancelled last year, demand appears to be very high in 2021.

That's fair. I'm not terribly upset - other than the fact that the restaurants they did reserve for it appear to be exclusively for it for our trip duration, and we (I, lol) really wanted to eat at Biergarten. There will be future trips, so it's not the end of the world.

I didn’t get this reservation either! I didn’t get a few reservations I wanted. So frustrating! I have never had such a hard time with dining reservations.

Yup - Disney IT is abominable. I'm not surprised this happened this morning. I would just keep checking for cancellations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter