Candlelight Processional Standby Line Wristband?

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
I just read on another thread that they are testing giving out standby wristbands so those in the standby line wont have to wait on line so long.

The poster stated its just a trial for now and I cant remember if the same poster said the seats are in the last 4 rows.

We always buy the pkg. and sit in the regular handicapped area with me in the wheelchair, but am I correct to assume that this would/might not work for those in wheelchairs/ecvs in the standby line since the designated standby wristband area is the last 4 rows?

Anyone else have any info on this? TIA.

If they have wristbands for the standby line more than likely they would be intended to protect against line jumpers. You would get the band out on you when you get in line and if you did not have one you would not get into the theater.

If they have wristbands for the standby line more than likely they would be intended to protect against line jumpers. You would get the band out on you when you get in line and if you did not have one you would not get into the theater.

I think OP is referring to a relatively new practice. From what I've read in the Theme Parks board, around 1:30pm, CMs are giving out wristbands to people in a standby line, allowing them to go enjoy the park until they have to line up for the show they have the wristband for. So, by the time the show comes around, there are 4 lines.....VIPs, CP Package, Previously wristbanded standbys, then your run of the mill standby. I'm following messages because I'm curious as to how it will all work out and what impact it might have on our own CP package during Xmas week.

I think OP is referring to a relatively new practice. From what I've read in the Theme Parks board, around 1:30pm, CMs are giving out wristbands to people in a standby line, allowing them to go enjoy the park until they have to line up for the show they have the wristband for. So, by the time the show comes around, there are 4 lines.....VIPs, CP Package, Previously wristbanded standbys, then your run of the mill standby. I'm following messages because I'm curious as to how it will all work out and what impact it might have on our own CP package during Xmas week.

Heard the lines are SO LONG!:eek::sad2:
We got the CP package since this is the FIRST time seeing the CP show!
CANNOT WAIT!:dance3::santa:

O.K. We are here at the world now. I love posting and answering my own questions, but I am sure this will be useful for others.

Last night we had the package, so we were on the regular non transfer wheelchair pkg. line. We were 2nd and got the best seats for LeVar Brton and he was awesome!!

I asked the cast member bout the standby wristbands.

She said get into line at 1pm. They save 36 seats for the left side (package line) and 36 seats on the right side for wheelchair standby line, but I am assuming if there are more than 36 package people they will get the seats and the standby the remaining as available.

Well I am back to post and clarify the mis information the cast member gave me yest.

Today dh and I asked at 3:30 if there were any wristbands left. The cast member gave us the bands for the 6:45 show.

We got in the standby wristband line that is to the left of the little brick building and they were checking the time on your band. We were the 2nd wheelchair/scooter. Told her I wasnt transferring. She says sit here - it was the last handicapped row in the back of the theater, right before the white benches.

So the cm was wrong yest., you will not sit in the normal handicapped section, that is for pkgs, only. Dh and I were happy with our free seats tonight. We saw Edward James Olmos. He was ok.

Do you know how the wristbands work if you have a DAS? We are wanting to go see Steven Curtis Chapman, but unsure if we can use the DAS or not.

when we were there, the DAS did not work for CP.. this was a couple years ago, but we get the DAS for visual impairment. we had the CP package anyway, but they couldn't do anything to get us any closer.

not exactly pertinent to this thread, but the DAS does not work for the flower power concerts or the eat to the beat concerts .. at least not for us. perha[ps for those in wheel chairs, but to sit close in order to see, there was no accomodation for that.

Okay! Well I ended up having to work Sunday so no Steven Curtis Chapman. Unless I end up going Saturday. We did have CP dinner reservations but ended up canceling them. :( I wouldn't mind just standing or sitting somewhere nearby if I got to hear him a little bit! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter