Candlelight Processional

Eeyore'sthebest

DIS Veteran<br><font color=darkorchid>Not So Tagle
If you are planning on using the HC seating at the Candlelight Processional do you think that we need to book the Dining Package?

I'd hate to spend the extra money for it but I really want to see this. Last time we went at Christmas my family didn't want to wait in-line (sister, hmph! :mad: :rotfl: ), so they went on. The CM told me that you usually never have to wait in line for the HC seating. Maybe it was the day, maybe it was the show, I don't know. :confused3

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with this? I'll book the dining package if I have to but if I don't I'd rather not. Make sense?

When you get there (we used the dinner package) they will ask if you can transfer. If you do, please know, the seats TILT downward to the stage. It was very difficult for me to stay on the seat, and was VERY VERY uncomfortable and even painful. I would stay in your chair if possible.

I don't know about this year, but last year I saw people lining up 2 1/2 hours early for the CP standby line, and the majority of them had scooters and wheelchairs. I think with the increase in the scooters at Disney, the wheelchair spots are in MUCH higher demand. I would definitely get there early or do a dinner package if you cannot transfer. If you do transfer, bring a cushion with you! they let the dinner package in first, and a good number (i hesitate to say most, but that is what it looked like to me) of the handicapped spots were already taken. I would DEFINITELY get there early.

now i have only been to 1 CP, so i can only speak from limited experience, but I noticed that the wheelchair spots were in high demand that week. I think i went Dec 13th, which is NOT during a crowded time either...

Thank you so much for your advice. We will definitely do the package then. Its for my DH and he can transfer but will not be able to handle a seat that tilts down. Heck, I can't even drive the car after him because he has the seat tilted so far back! Forward is not an angle he can do!

I really appreciate your advice and since we will be there the day after Thanksgiving I believe we will book this! :)

that is one of the most crowded days of the year - i would DEFINITELY get the dinner package. we lined up an hour or so early for the CP and has no problem getting in... I do not think ALL the benches tilt down, and i probly wouldnt have noticed if my wheelchair doesnt tilt back, but it was very hard for me.

The lines are mainstream so you will be in line with everyone else. They give you no sympathy at all. I was really running low on power in my PWC and the CM didn't care. Go all the way to the end of the line and wait.

I agree. There are no privileges for anyone in a w/c, the lines are mainstreamed for everyone, and you'll find that a huge amount of guests are waiting in line with scooters and w/c's. Without a dinner package you run the risk of all the accessible seating being taken. They will ask you to transfer if you can so that those who cannot can still get a place to park their w/c as those spaces are extremely limited.---Kathy

Thank you so much for your comments. Looks like we will definitely book the dining plan for that night.:)
I guess when we went a few years ago it was different. Or maybe the CM was just kinder. :confused3

Thank you so much for your comments. Looks like we will definitely make book the dining plan for that night.:)
I guess when we went a few years ago it was different. Or maybe the CM was just kinder. :confused3

when you went a few years ago, there were probably 10% of the scooters there are now in Disney. Most people who use scooters i have noticed do not transfer (neither do I from my manual wc), so there are a ton more scooters/wc trying to get into the same number of spots...

i have also noticed that CMs are a little tired of dealing with entitled people in scooters (which make up a very small number - same as rude people in any other circumstance), and so that frustration with a few may well carry over onto others. not an excuse, of course, just a possible reason.

We just did the CP again this past Christmas. Many people are in scooters and wheelchairs. DH uses a scooter, but is able to transfer and he did. We sat right on the aisle down the center of the threatre about 8 rows back from the stage and our seats did not tilt in the slightest. If they did, DH would have had to leave because he could not handle an incline at all. No problems though, so I definitely think it depends on the seat you have. I know a few years ago we had the very first row on the left side of the theatre and again, no tilted seated. Pavement can be uneven in spots though, I'm sure. I guess we have been fortunate. We've always done the dinner package and of course get in the reserved line way early.

i was in hte back half of hte theatre, in the temporary seating, so i guess teh front seats are more level - good to know!!

i was in hte back half of hte theatre, in the temporary seating, so i guess teh front seats are more level - good to know!!
Hmm, now this is interesting. DH can transfer but won't be able to walk down more then a couple of rows of steps. I guess we'll play it by ear that night.

I don't think there are steps - I think it is a gradual slope... they let you take the wc/ecv to the row, adn then they move it to the back of the theatre for you. At the end a CM or a family member can go get it - that's what they did for me...

I don't think there are steps - I think it is a gradual slope... they let you take the wc/ecv to the row, adn then they move it to the back of the theatre for you. At the end a CM or a family member can go get it - that's what they did for me...
Oh, even better. Thanks! I love the Dis.

I always aire on the side of caution. We had a lunchtime ADR at R&C with the CP package last year. Seeing how long that regular line was, OMG, it was worth the money to know that my MIL and I would be scooted into a spot where we could see with no problems.

the time of the day and the whether the show you plan to attend is close to Christmas are important factors in using the dining package or not.

DW uses an ECV and we have done the package with excellent results; we have just walked up close to show time --and the show wasn't crowded in early DEC -- and had similar seats and one time we just watched from the ropes at the back of the theater.

Maybe we were more familiar with the show but the third time with DW sitting in the ECV was OK because the trees didn't interfere with our view. The back row was a pleasant experience. DW doesn't transfer either.

You do need the dining pack close to Christmas and later into the evining IMO but i've seen long lines early in the guaranteed seating and saw all comers.

Pop

I agree. There are no privileges for anyone in a w/c, the lines are mainstreamed for everyone, and you'll find that a huge amount of guests are waiting in line with scooters and w/c's. Without a dinner package you run the risk of all the accessible seating being taken. They will ask you to transfer if you can so that those who cannot can still get a place to park their w/c as those spaces are extremely limited.---Kathy
I have found that since I am in a PWC often the CMs assume I cannot transfer and try to either force me to use a wheelchair spot or tell me there is no room for me. I really got a nasty attitude last December from some CM because they didn't understand I could transfer. I was yelled at by at least 2 CMs. One who told me I could not see the show at all since there were no more spaces although I had said I would transfer to a seat and the second one because I brought my PWC to the seats so I didn't need to walk far and didn't seem to get it that my husband would move the PWC once I was safely seated.
That said Candlelight was beautiful and I really enjoyed Marlee Matlin, Jack Jason and Angela.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter