Candlelight Processional

maroo

DIS Veteran
Can you guys tell me about the HA seating for this show?

For a 5:00 show on a Tuesday in the slower part of December - how early would we need to be there to get a seat? There will be four of us, one that uses a power wheelchair.

We do plan on getting an ADR to get the early seating.

I have never seen this show and would love to know what to expect. Any hints for us?

I have seen it once during the time you are talking about, and arrived about 45mins before to wait in line (no special need at that time) it was not a problem. BUT that was in 2000...the show has become more popular. Last year we saw it on Christmas Eve, and did the dining combo...worked out great! I really liked the dining combo, no stress! It is a great show, my favourite, I actually tear up! I do recommend that if you have anyone with sensitivity to sound that you try to sit in the middle as the BEAUTIFUL trumpets from the side are quite loud.

I hope you enjoy this show as much as I do! We are booking the dining when my 90 arrives in August! Fingers crossed!

Did you guys need a w/c spot for your show? If so, where was it? Are there plenty of spots?

We always go in early december and get the pkg. The castmemebers will ask you if you can transfer out of the wheelchair etc. Sometimes I do and sometimes I dont. It depends how bad my back feels. etc. Once I did get out and we ended up by the sign language interpreter. Good seats but very loud with the trumpets blaring at your side. One time I got the last handicapped seating and we werent there that late. I dont rush the food just to get the seat though.

First, with the reserved dinner package for the show, there's a special line on reserved side for handicap vehicles, if you don't transfer.

If you are among the first in line you will get the lower middle of the seating toward front and center.

I would say 45 minutes is okay and you should get alright seating.

You are going during a good time; so, you should be okay, but I wouldn't try to get at the last minute, either.

I know you mentioned an ADR so it sounds like you've purchased the dinner package. There is a different waiting line for those with the package than just for stand-by seating. I have seen people in the stand by line even on less-busy dates over 3 hours ahead of time, so IMO the package is something I would definitely choose. That said, there is no "line" just for those using w/c's and you'll wait behind everyone else- there seems to be alot of guests using w/c's and ECV's in line every time I have gone. I'd plan to get there about 45 minutes early so that you can get a decent location. W/c seating is actually not plentiful which is why they request that guests transfer if possible. There are areas for a chair and then a bench next to it so everyone in the party sits together. There is also w/c seating toward the back of the theater. It's a beautiful show- I sang in it for several years, and my service dog was with me onstage for 3 years- she slept through the whole thing, even with the trumpets being right behind us, lol. We didn't sign up to sing last year and I really missed it but it's gotten too difficult for me. I think I'm probably the only person who ever sang in the production while on a vent!---Kathy

I know you mentioned an ADR so it sounds like you've purchased the dinner package. There is a different waiting line for those with the package than just for stand-by seating. I have seen people in the stand by line even on less-busy dates over 3 hours ahead of time, so IMO the package is something I would definitely choose. That said, there is no "line" just for those using w/c's and you'll wait behind everyone else- there seems to be alot of guests using w/c's and ECV's in line every time I have gone. I'd plan to get there about 45 minutes early so that you can get a decent location. W/c seating is actually not plentiful which is why they request that guests transfer if possible. There are areas for a chair and then a bench next to it so everyone in the party sits together. There is also w/c seating toward the back of the theater. It's a beautiful show- I sang in it for several years, and my service dog was with me onstage for 3 years- she slept through the whole thing, even with the trumpets being right behind us, lol. We didn't sign up to sing last year and I really missed it but it's gotten too difficult for me. I think I'm probably the only person who ever sang in the production while on a vent!---Kathy

Oh wow! You got to sing in it?!?!? :worship: How cool is that?!?

We have not gotten our ressie yet, as we will have to book it 90 days out, but our plan is to get a lunch ressie and see the 5:00 show.

Rachel technically could transfer, but sitting on a bench would probably not be good for her back, etc. So I guess she really shouldn't. We are totally fine waiting in the regular line. I don't like segregated lines, actually.

We will just plan on eating a mid afternoon lunch and then head over there to see it!

Thank you all for the information!

Quick question: do you make your ADR for this in the same time frame as the other ADR's?

Quick question: do you make your ADR for this in the same time frame as the other ADR's?

I actually don't think we officially know. Last year they opened up the Candlelight Processional packages in June. This year all information points to them just putting that in with the other 90 day ADR window reservations.

I am planning on making my ressie 90 days out unless I hear something different on the DIS.

Let me try to explain this further. We did this twice last year; so, I believe it will be the same this year. If you tell the CM (they are looking at your badges, etc) you can transfer from your wheelchair or scooter and you are in the reserved package line you will be asked to stay in the regular reserved line and wait your turn. However, if you cannot get out easily of the scooter or wheelchair and you stay in them for the show the CM will direct you to a special line to the right of the reserved line in the same place. This is because you will be placed in the theater first. There's a left side and a right side to this line. Disney does it this way for safety, as well as, other reasons. There are spaces that are just more wheelchair/scooter friendly and Disney needs to make sure this is available to those who need it.

There were too many people taking advantage of this shorter reserved seating line; so, this is why you are asked about your capabilities of transferring or not. If you transfer your scooter is parked in a holding area; whereas, if you stay on them you are seated with your scooter.

Let me try to explain this further. We did this twice last year; so, I believe it will be the same this year. If you tell the CM (they are looking at your badges, etc) you can transfer from your wheelchair or scooter and you are in the reserved package line you will be asked to stay in the regular reserved line and wait your turn. However, if you cannot get out easily of the scooter or wheelchair and you stay in them for the show the CM will direct you to a special line to the right of the reserved line in the same place. This is because you will be placed in the theater first. There's a left side and a right side to this line. Disney does it this way for safety, as well as, other reasons. There are spaces that are just more wheelchair/scooter friendly and Disney needs to make sure this is available to those who need it.

There were too many people taking advantage of this shorter reserved seating line; so, this is why you are asked about your capabilities of transferring or not. If you transfer your scooter is parked in a holding area; whereas, if you stay on them you are seated with your scooter.

That's kind of a shame that there are two lines. I'm afraid people who can transfer will say that they can't in order to enter the theater first. IMO they should just ask each guest as they enter the theater based on first come/first served.----Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter