Candy Cane Inn or Park Vue Inn

kittyklawz

Mouseketeer
We have a mini suite which I believe has kitchenette booked at Park Vue inn, and also a deluxe room at Candy Cane for our upcoming October trip. Which hotel do you prefer and why? My husband and I both like the idea of free breakfast at Candy Cane, but I also like the idea of having more space + shorter walk at Park Vue.

I'd go with Park Vue, it's so much closer. If you have the mini suite with kitchenette you could easily have breakfast in your room. We've stayed at Candy Cane, and while it IS close, it's still either a 15 minute walk or waiting for a shuttle. (It was 15 minutes for us with little kids, might be different for others.)

There are 2 Best Westerns right across the street that have a hot breakfast, too.

I would go for Park Vue as well. The convenience of being across the street can't be beat. Even if there is free breakfast, we usually opt for our in room quick breakfasts instead. It's just easier and I'm always anxious to get to the parks (or in line to enter) ASAP! 😂

I'd go with Park Vue, it's so much closer. If you have the mini suite with kitchenette you could easily have breakfast in your room. We've stayed at Candy Cane, and while it IS close, it's still either a 15 minute walk or waiting for a shuttle. (It was 15 minutes for us with little kids, might be different for others.)

There are 2 Best Westerns right across the street that have a hot breakfast, too.
The best westerns are out of our budget for when we are going. I think we have the one with a kitchenette. It just is called mini suite I think? How would I know for sure if it has a kitchenette? NVM I went back and checked my reservation and we do have the one with kitchenette (I emailed them to be sure lol)
I would go for Park Vue as well. The convenience of being across the street can't be beat. Even if there is free breakfast, we usually opt for our in room quick breakfasts instead. It's just easier and I'm always anxious to get to the parks (or in line to enter) ASAP! 😂
We are free breakfast people but I am also fine with just buying food if we have a kitchenette. My husband is very enticed with the free breakfast lol.

Last edited:
Free breakfast at Candy Cane is nice. It is about a 10 minute walk and you do not have to cross any major streets (just one street/driveway with a signal). That said, Candy Cane had a dedicated shuttle that is very reliable if you don't feel like walking.

Free breakfast at Candy Cane is nice. It is about a 10 minute walk and you do not have to cross any major streets (just one street/driveway with a signal). That said, Candy Cane had a dedicated shuttle that is very reliable if you don't feel like walking.
The shuttle does sound nice BUT at the same time I am going to have a loaded up stroller, so not sure if I want to have to get everything out of it to fold it up for our mid day break. My kids will be 2 years and 6 years when we are going and I am thinking they will both need a little break in the middle of the day.

Oh. That’s a hard one! The park vue is SO close!! The rooms with a kitchenette look really nice too. Really cannot beat that location. We are actually thinking of staying there again on our November trip.

We just recently stayed in a premium room at the candy cane and loved it. I didn’t think breakfast being delivered would be a big deal, but it was SO convenient!! So many options too.

We tend to pick the cheaper option once we narrow it down to a couple of options. I think you’ll be happy at either location. Have a fun trip!

Oh. That’s a hard one! The park vue is SO close!! The rooms with a kitchenette look really nice too. Really cannot beat that location. We are actually thinking of staying there again on our November trip.

We just recently stayed in a premium room at the candy cane and loved it. I didn’t think breakfast being delivered would be a big deal, but it was SO convenient!! So many options too.

We tend to pick the cheaper option once we narrow it down to a couple of options. I think you’ll be happy at either location. Have a fun trip!
I booked both places already because I couldn't decide lol. My husband is leaning towards Candy Cane and I am leaning towards Park Vue. They both have free parking right? At Candy Cane we have the deluxe so no breakfast delivered.

I booked both places already because I couldn't decide lol. My husband is leaning towards Candy Cane and I am leaning towards Park Vue. They both have free parking right? At Candy Cane we have the deluxe so no breakfast delivered.
Yes. Both have free parking. ☺️

Hmmm. We have teen boys who eat a lot. Lol. So we always lean towards a place with included breakfast now.

Yes. Both have free parking. ☺️

Hmmm. We have teen boys who eat a lot. Lol. So we always lean towards a place with included breakfast now.
My kids are kind of picky eaters but I know they added a waffle maker at Candy Cane Inn recently, but otherwise its just a continental cold breakfast I think. Have you guys stayed in the mini suite room before? I was trying to find videos of it, not sure if you have any.

My kids are kind of picky eaters but I know they added a waffle maker at Candy Cane Inn recently, but otherwise its just a continental cold breakfast I think. Have you guys stayed in the mini suite room before? I was trying to find videos of it, not sure if you have any.
Yes. They have waffles now at candy cane. They also had really yummy ham and cheese croissant sandwiches and doughnuts. Lol. Lots and lots of choices.

We have not stayed in the mini suite room yet. It’s on our list to check out! It looks really nice ☺️

Yes. They have waffles now at candy cane. They also had really yummy ham and cheese croissant sandwiches and doughnuts. Lol. Lots and lots of choices.

We have not stayed in the mini suite room yet. It’s on our list to check out! It looks really nice ☺️
Do you think you will stay there before October? I love your review videos lol

I need lots of help planning this trip as both my boys are autistic and its their first time at Disney!

Feel free to PM me if you want! Would love to help as much as I can. Unfortunately we are not scheduled to go back to Disneyland until November. We have a big trip later this summer to WDW, so that has eaten up a lot of our vacation money.

Do you guys take mid day breaks? If you do, you might want to be closer to the parks and stay at Park Vue. Are you driving or flying? If driving, we would always bring a cooler with breakfast sandwiches when the hotels don’t have a breakfast included. Sometimes we would make our own breakfast sandwiches and sometimes we would just buy premade ones. Either way, it’s cheaper than eating in the parks! (Although Earl of sandwich has really reasonable prices on breakfast and you can order online and pick up!)

Feel free to PM me if you want! Would love to help as much as I can. Unfortunately we are not scheduled to go back to Disneyland until November. We have a big trip later this summer to WDW, so that has eaten up a lot of our vacation money.

Do you guys take mid day breaks? If you do, you might want to be closer to the parks and stay at Park Vue. Are you driving or flying? If driving, we would always bring a cooler with breakfast sandwiches when the hotels don’t have a breakfast included. Sometimes we would make our own breakfast sandwiches and sometimes we would just buy premade ones. Either way, it’s cheaper than eating in the parks! (Although Earl of sandwich has really reasonable prices on breakfast and you can order online and pick up!)
I will send you a PM, thanks!

My DD is neurologically compromised. We like staying at the Candy Cane and have done for a number of years now. Some crazy pluses are: 1.
Second floor, not by the stairs. They are excellent at honoring requests if you let them know why. 2. If we are too tired, we can watch the fireworks from the balcony. 3. I can take a tray down to get breakfast and either eat it at the tables on the balcony or our room. It gets crazy in the breakfast area, like everywhere else. This is great because we start our day not overstimulated with that. I have too much other stuff to worry about to try to cook something and besides, I am on vacation! 4. Nice, friendly and caring staff. I used to call and ask a ton of questions. Now I just know what to do, but they are still extremely nice and wonderful. If we are headed to the shuttle and they see us, they will wait, both at the hotel and in the parks. Rico, the Manager, has even helped carry up my tray of breakfast. James, the new shuttle driver used to be front desk, is great. They get to know you and watch out for you. I have a couple great examples, too many to list here. 5. Close to CVS, 7-11, Walgreens for those little extras that you forget. We fly so this is always good. 6. Traveling with just the 2 of us, I feel extremely safe there. 7. The walk to the parks is nice, quick and easy if you don’t want the shuttle. To me, sometimes in the morning the shuttle can get crowded. Like I stated before, we don’t like to start our day overstimulated. Sometimes the walk is just enough to keep all the excitement at bay. Super easy. However, if you need to retreat to the hotel for whatever reason during the day, the shuttle is perfect for a quick get away. I do not find the distance to be a factor at all.

The biggest downside to me is the rooms are on the small size. With just the 2 of us, we are okay but I do get the bigger size when there are 3 of us (my sister will occasionally come). That said, if my daughter is having a hard time, I will go outside and sit at the pool or at the tables on the balcony. Sometimes she even does that. Also, the pool is small and can get crowded at times.

You got this! It isn’t as hard as you might think. I was so worried when I took my DD, by myself, to Disneyland. DM me if you have questions.

My DD is neurologically compromised. We like staying at the Candy Cane and have done for a number of years now. Some crazy pluses are: 1.
Second floor, not by the stairs. They are excellent at honoring requests if you let them know why. 2. If we are too tired, we can watch the fireworks from the balcony. 3. I can take a tray down to get breakfast and either eat it at the tables on the balcony or our room. It gets crazy in the breakfast area, like everywhere else. This is great because we start our day not overstimulated with that. I have too much other stuff to worry about to try to cook something and besides, I am on vacation! 4. Nice, friendly and caring staff. I used to call and ask a ton of questions. Now I just know what to do, but they are still extremely nice and wonderful. If we are headed to the shuttle and they see us, they will wait, both at the hotel and in the parks. Rico, the Manager, has even helped carry up my tray of breakfast. James, the new shuttle driver used to be front desk, is great. They get to know you and watch out for you. I have a couple great examples, too many to list here. 5. Close to CVS, 7-11, Walgreens for those little extras that you forget. We fly so this is always good. 6. Traveling with just the 2 of us, I feel extremely safe there. 7. The walk to the parks is nice, quick and easy if you don’t want the shuttle. To me, sometimes in the morning the shuttle can get crowded. Like I stated before, we don’t like to start our day overstimulated. Sometimes the walk is just enough to keep all the excitement at bay. Super easy. However, if you need to retreat to the hotel for whatever reason during the day, the shuttle is perfect for a quick get away. I do not find the distance to be a factor at all.

The biggest downside to me is the rooms are on the small size. With just the 2 of us, we are okay but I do get the bigger size when there are 3 of us (my sister will occasionally come). That said, if my daughter is having a hard time, I will go outside and sit at the pool or at the tables on the balcony. Sometimes she even does that. Also, the pool is small and can get crowded at times.

You got this! It isn’t as hard as you might think. I was so worried when I took my DD, by myself, to Disneyland. DM me if you have questions.
Do they only have stairs at both of these hotels? I think I read that about park vue on another post too.

I know that Candy Cane has stairs. The main reason why we do the second floor is the off chance we could hear noises above us. Actually I don’t know about the Candy Cane because I have always been on the top floor, no matter the hotel.

Second floor, not by the stairs. They are excellent at honoring requests if you let them know why. 2. If we are too tired, we can watch the fireworks from the balcony.
I always ask for a room on the second floor on the south side of the CCI for this very reason! There are always clusters of people coming outside just before the fireworks start.

I know that Candy Cane has stairs. The main reason why we do the second floor is the off chance we could hear noises above us. Actually I don’t know about the Candy Cane because I have always been on the top floor, no matter the hotel.
Thanks!
I always ask for a room on the second floor on the south side of the CCI for this very reason! There are always clusters of people coming outside just before the fireworks start.
Good idea! I think when I put in my reservation I asked for a room we can see fireworks from but I am not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter